Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Akzumon
Maybe its time to pick the chaotic evil choise and start review bombing the game on steam ;D

I know you're joking, but absolutely not.

B
B
How about this, if it's a big fat patch with changes I like (especially ones I mentioned in my feedback), I'll leave a glowing review.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 02/12/20 04:44 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by SkinnyShin
This is actually some of the most piss poor communication I have ever seen in an EA title. It doesn't take but one minute to post something on twitter, this is not good business and no way to treat customers who PAID to QA your game. Get your act together.

100% fact. I love Larian and I understand that we bought an Early Access game, but we did spend $60 on this game, and are essentially in a limbo right now where we can't even play it at all for an extended period of time because anything we do will be wiped out. That is part of the process, and it will happen again, but there is zero excuse for such lack of communication. There should be community managers/etc in these forums and on social media explaining where they are in the process, how long to expect to wait, and maybe even give a glimpse at the patch notes. At the very least, just a ballpark ETA of "days," "weeks," etc. I am disappointed right now for sure.

stranger
stranger
How about we wait until the game is actually finished before talking or worrying about leaving a review of a game that's still being developed and has been clear that this is an Early Access for a product that's not yet finished.

Hello Larian!

Please have a look at this article.

thankyou

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by cronuss
Originally Posted by SkinnyShin
This is actually some of the most piss poor communication I have ever seen in an EA title. It doesn't take but one minute to post something on twitter, this is not good business and no way to treat customers who PAID to QA your game. Get your act together.

100% fact. I love Larian and I understand that we bought an Early Access game, but we did spend $60 on this game, and are essentially in a limbo right now where we can't even play it at all for an extended period of time because anything we do will be wiped out. That is part of the process, and it will happen again, but there is zero excuse for such lack of communication. There should be community managers/etc in these forums and on social media explaining where they are in the process, how long to expect to wait, and maybe even give a glimpse at the patch notes. At the very least, just a ballpark ETA of "days," "weeks," etc. I am disappointed right now for sure.

The fact they clearly have news and know that people are wanting to know more and just willingly say nothing is the most infuriating thing. I don't care if the patch isn't released, but just give communication and updates.

As I said, the way to show your voice is always with the $. Their next project should reflect how grossly they've mismanaged this so far.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I've not done early access games before, and I was a little disappointed that round the corner didn't mean the next day, but on reflection it really didn't seem to be unreasonable to expect it to be a week or two.
Immanent I'd expect to be sooner, with barely enough warning to finish a side quest, but then I've pretty much run a whole run through with a new this last week, just to see how a different approach works.

I know I'm in the minority here, but from where I sit they've given me all the heads-up I'd expect from a working team, and I appreciate it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by cronuss

If you are playing on Stadia, I understand. You can't really play with ease of mind knowing the saves could be broken in 1 day, 7 days, or x weeks.

If you are playing on a local game on a PC, than you will not lose your Act 1 playthrough, because they have informed you about 7 days ago and you can read. If you are not on Stadia, I have zero pity for sure.

Predicting time of the update is a lose/lose situation for them : lose if you name a date and pass it, lose if you do not specify a date, but yes it would be better to announce a "ballpark ETA" as you say mostly for players on Stadia.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I understand it's a lose lose situation but when they say something is imminent that implies at least to me in a day or two or at least in the next few days.

It's Wednesday if it's not here by Friday it's past imminent. Or at least to me it is. Unless they work on weekends?

Not being impatient or anything just saying. Maybe they shouldn't have said it's imminent. Saying it's imminent only brings people's hopes up and expectations

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bravo Larian, nice amount of pissed people there. It's not my circus, not my monkeys, but I hope you will improve communication for the future.

Swen Vincke @where?
@LarAtLarian
·
42 min
This patch has been particularly reluctant to leave the house - soon though!

A
stranger
stranger
A
A few years later .... its coming SOON

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
Swen Vincke @where?
@LarAtLarian
·
42 min
This patch has been particularly reluctant to leave the house - soon though!

Honestly makes sense. Unless I'm misinterpreting things, patch 3 is basically not being worked on anymore (and patch 4 has been started), but who knows what other obstacles could delay the release?
It's mildly annoying, but this is a very glitchy EA - problems are to be expected, even when it comes to patches.

now

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
now

Oh shoot you ain't lying

Kinda sad no new class came out but fingers crossed for the next one laugh

Originally Posted by Akzumon
well its seems like we got something https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1334130153715355649

Looking at his Twitter profile, Michael must be secretly consuming the best loot because a condition he doesn't want to reveal.
grin

N
stranger
stranger
N
Not all EA games break saves like this, or require a 62GB download everytime. I work 6 days a week and just sat down to enjoy your game, waited a few hours for the patch, then discovered I couldn't play my save without doing the 62GB download all over again. Instance your damn installs! EA in no way excuses your version control implementation.

Last edited by noodle; 06/12/20 04:39 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by noodle
Not all EA games break saves like this, or require a 62GB download everytime. I work 6 days a week and just sat down to enjoy your game, waited a few hours for the patch, then discovered I couldn't play my save without doing the 62GB download all over again. Instance your damn installs! EA in no way excuses your version control implementation.

Downloading the game from the beginning every time (the whole 62GB) is a bug. And for GOG only : (

Last edited by Phea; 06/12/20 10:59 AM.
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard