Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
stranger
stranger
D
Looks like a great update, just started a new playthrough. Disappointed that the UI hot bar next/previous still hasn't been addressed though. One of my biggest qol complaints.

veteran
veteran
All the changes in this patch are positive for me, so that's very good. But still a long way to go for the game overall to be good for me.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Alon Binyamin
Every single one of the changes mentioned in the video is something I've seen mentioned in the forums. I'm actually very impressed with this - great job Larian.

I usually don't believe the oh-so-common "we hear you", "we care about your feedback" - it's rarely genuine.

But this time.... excellent! Thank you Larian!

Seconded! I feel much better about the final product now that I see how willing you are to make changes based on our feedback. You may not be much for communication between updates, but if you keep this up I'm perfectly fine with the radio silence in between! It appears that you don't have anything to say until you have something to say wink

journeyman
journeyman
Is it possible that the Patch is not online on Stadia right now?
I still can load my old saves, i started a new one however but my cantrips still create surfaces

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by T2aV
So none of the class bugs were fixed? Warlock's devil sight... Dual wielder... etc

Strength weapons cant sneak attack anymore

What do you mean, I can't sneak attack with a ballista!?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Maldurin
Is it possible that the Patch is not online on Stadia right now?
I still can load my old saves, i started a new one however but my cantrips still create surfaces

I don't think it is live on stadia. We can't continue playing our old game because there will be no option to use the last version and we can't start new because we're still waiting for the patch. Also explains why there are still issues with cross saves. Stadia is not on the same version as everybody else. I keep saying that we are the redheaded stepchild of this family.

Shaolin Stoner
T
stranger
stranger
T
Well done!! Can't wait to start on new run through without having to individually jump each character! All the changes sound great and I'm willing to wait for the heavier content. Take your time and do it right!

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Stadia has not updated yet.

stranger
stranger
These changes are a wonderful stride in the right direction; I am impressed to see that a lot of what was addressed in the patch had been actual feedback among players from various forums. This bodes well for continued change/balance/potential additions!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Thanks. Any idea what kind of time frame we're looking at?

Shaolin Stoner
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
The stability and performance improvements from this patch are greatly noticeable. Well done!

journeyman
journeyman
Patch is nice to see and some of the changes very welcome. Still a few things that have been debated a lot in the forums not mentioned, not expecting to see them all addressed in one patch (assuming that you decide they need addressing) - like party size, ease of backstabbing, shoving being too powerful re heights and a move action, height giving advantage for ranged/spells and my particular bugbear way too many containers.

journeyman
journeyman
The changes are much appreciated, but it's still a lot of Divinity and a little of Baldur's. They haven't added more companions yet, they haven't added more group members (party size), they haven't put the day / night cycle, they haven't added atmospheric effects yet, the teleportation is still there, the music is good but they still don't use 5/4, the items still don't they have to be identified, the inventory is still just as annoying.

Last edited by Darth Rauko; 03/12/20 12:30 AM.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner

My guess would be tomorrow since it is getting late in the day now. Will post when I have been advised it is live.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner

My guess would be tomorrow since it is getting late in the day now. Will post when I have been advised it is live.

Thank you so very much. That's not long. I'm cool with that not that it would have mattered if I wasn't. Hahaha. Thank you so much for the response.

Shaolin Stoner
old hand
old hand
I'm very happy, looks like a few of my biggest annoyances were addressed. I'm looking forward to hitting the 200 hour mark this weekend (a life? what's that?).

J
stranger
stranger
J
Just got this recent update and updated my nvidia at the same time. It was running amazingly well on the ultra settings and I turned off a few bits like bloom , sharpening, and light shadows just for that extra bump. But here we are just a few hours later and it is now running like a slideshow. This happens even when I completely lower the resolution and turn the settings down to low. Not sure what is going on but it kinda makes it unplayable. Like I said it was running great on the ultra setting (which is also the recommended for me) and now after this update it is really bad. Gonna keep starting it up every once in awhile to see if it comes out of this rut but it might just be I gotta wait a bit for... something? I'm not posting this to send hate. I of course know this is EA and stuff like this is normal but just in case others are having this problem after this update I wanted to post this to show it is happening, at least for me. I also don't have any mods in right now. I did before this patch so I am not sure why removing and starting cleanly for the patch would cause a problem like this. I also haven't been running the game with Geforce experience because it won't scan it for some reason even though it says its supported. So this problem is happening without any helpers. Sorry for the long spiel just getting my piece in.

Love the game tho. Little sad about the ground effect change from the cantrips. In my dnd games we absolutely make it apparent that if you run on top of ice or fire s*** gon' happen so I don't really like the change.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
That’s great to hear. I put the game down for a bit, due to those issues. That, along with some of the other issues addressed in this patch is really good news!

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
While this update has some great tweaks and fixes in it, I am a bit disappointed. I would have loved to have seen at least one new class and or NPC Companion added to the game. The complete lack of any real additions after the hype they created around this update is really disappointing. There is nothing here compelling me to comeback and play some more.

I... I think I love you guys.... kiss

Seriously. This shows that you are listening are changes that are being requested are made. Thank you so much for everything!

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard