well you're all in luck

how come? i havent seen any news regarding geforce

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
well you're all in luck

Care to elaborate? laugh

Last edited by Tempura Knight; 09/10/20 10:20 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Tempura Knight
well you're all in luck

Care to elaborate? laugh

I think he's answering the post right before his, about running the game at minimum requirements.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BeyHiveTom
well you're all in luck

update drivers to 456.71 and you will see the Baldur's gate Geforce profile

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

That's not the same as the game being opted in for GeForce Now, though?

apprentice
apprentice
well you're all in luck

do you mean on GeForce Experience? there's a difference, GeForce Experience is just a settings profile, GeForce Now is the gaming streaming platform that lets you play games on NVIDIA's computers and stream it to your screen

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
well you're all in luck

do you mean on GeForce Experience? there's a difference, GeForce Experience is just a settings profile, GeForce Now is the gaming streaming platform that lets you play games on NVIDIA's computers and stream it to your screen

It's probably the confusing name of GFN, the question may look like "Will the early access be available on GeForce now?" as in, right now. D'oh.

veteran
veteran
well you're all in luck

My mistake, I read Geforce and immediately think of experience

stranger
stranger
Eventhough I am capable of running it on both my desktop and my shadow pc (cloud gaming service), I'd love to see EA be available on GFN too.
GFN has such good system specs, is available world wide and gives just about anybody access to it.

It would boost sales even more I would think.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Vortigen
Eventhough I am capable of running it on both my desktop and my shadow pc (cloud gaming service), I'd love to see EA be available on GFN too.
GFN has such good system specs, is available world wide and gives just about anybody access to it.

It would boost sales even more I would think.

Yeah, I think so too. There's a bunch of games I've bought because they are available on GFN that I otherwise would never have purchased in the first place.

stranger
stranger
Me too. I even played DOS2 from GNow and I want to play BG3 too.

stranger
stranger

I have a feeling that version 1.0 will come to GFN. But perhaps Larian is a bit reluctant to bring Early Access to it because so many patches/updates etc will happen in that period.
GFN might fall behind giving people a different experience. I don't know though, just thinking out loud ;)

Last edited by Vortigen; 10/10/20 04:44 AM.
apprentice
apprentice

I have a feeling that version 1.0 will come to GFN. But perhaps Larian is a bit reluctant to bring Early Access to it because so many patches/updates etc will happen in that period.
GFN might fall behind giving people a different experience. I don't know though, just thinking out loud wink

GFN streams the game from steam so it would be up to date with the steam version which is the fastest to update
they are very quick with updating games as well from my experience
the only thing i could think of that is holding back GFN access is some exclusivity deal made with Stadia which would really suck since Stadia is only available to a few countries which i am not from :c

stranger
stranger
Ah yes ofcourse. You're right.
Well, that's not it then :)

Maybe it has to do with what you say - a sort of cloud gaming platform exclusive with Stadia....
That would be unfortunate as, like you say, Stadia is not available everywhere. Plus that the mod support that will come in the future will be difficult to implement on Stadia. Steam is a much better suited platform for that.

apprentice
apprentice
Ah yes ofcourse. You're right.
Well, that's not it then smile

Maybe it has to do with what you say - a sort of cloud gaming platform exclusive with Stadia....
That would be unfortunate as, like you say, Stadia is not available everywhere. Plus that the mod support that will come in the future will be difficult to implement on Stadia. Steam is a much better suited platform for that.

yeah I would imagine Stadia is not going to be able to play co-op with modded BG3 on steam, larian did eventually add mods made by community officialy as "gift bags" in DoS2 for console players and people who can't access the steam workshop
but there's definitely alot to lose in terms of modding by playing in stadia, the steam workshop is amazing.

N
stranger
stranger
N
i am waiting from the start, i even bought the game, and for those who will say 'just play on stadia'
1) stadia failed very bad. google messed up the opportunity very big and if stadia wants to make a come back at least it will take a year or more. probably 2 years, and geforce now crushed the stadia very hard with accessibility by making it available worldwide (more than stadia at least).
2) stadia isn't available in my region.
and Larian Studios, we know you all are busy but answering the questions like 'when it will be on GFN' should not be that hard.
much love

Last edited by neonkid; 17/10/20 07:55 PM. Reason: added questions
N
stranger
stranger
N
after the witcher show many of my friends play the game via GFN, some of them bought the game instead of using some of their friends game catalog. GFN ha sa potential to become a secondary market or so

apprentice
apprentice
i'm bumping this in reaction to the new patch, please opt-in the game into GFN so we can take part in the early access proccess! all other larian games are in there already, why is this one different?

vel Offline
*cough* Stadia

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard