Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RumRunner151

I think it's you that is not understanding, see above.

Nah, its you mate.

Last edited by Maikaz; 03/12/20 08:28 AM.
So you cant make a STR based rogue?

STR Rogue. Mainhand your finesse weapon, offhand attack with strength weapon.
Dragons Grasp is a Light weapon and can be dual wielded without the feat
if you're worried about low AC from Dex, pick a githyanki/Dwarf. Take the heavy armor feat at lvl 4(heavy armor +1 strength),now you don't need dex at all(unless you care about initiative). I understand EA has crap heavy armour, but digging around the files, you can see many +1 and +2 Heavy armours with 17-18 base AC + 1, +2 modify. Eventually a STR rogue could do very well.

As well ,you could open up with rapier poke sneak attack, switch weapons to something strength. You could use githyanki again, poke with a rapier for opening sneak attack, swap it to your offhand. get two more pokes. Next turn. swap to 2H sword, and wack with GWM feat. unequip, 2h sword, and offhand your rapier, for two more pokes lol. 2d12+1 +(modifiers) +10(GWM) with the Tyr Sword, 1d8 ,1d8 offhand as a thief.

Strength also has the benefit of Shoving, and Athletics(jumping). So there's that.

Last edited by T2aV; 03/12/20 09:18 AM.
old hand
old hand
I suggest that instead of responding to Rumrunner's negativity about negativity with a third layer of negativity we all just report his passive-aggressive flame-baiting to the mods and let them decide when or if it crosses the line.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by adkfina
They're absolutely right in their characterization of you though. You're more childish and indignant than the strawman you built up in your head. Aside from leaving the house more maybe, you'd do just as well with a "humble pie" yourself

That's enough of the personal comments, thank you.

Originally Posted by Dexai
I suggest that instead of responding to Rumrunner's negativity about negativity with a third layer of negativity we all just report his passive-aggressive flame-baiting to the mods and let them decide when or if it crosses the line.

The topic is fine in itself, but as above, people should avoid making personal remarks.

J'aime le fromage.
E
E
Originally Posted by Dexai

See, for some reason mods, in this case, do not see it as a flame bait. Interesting. I do, though. And I see this baiting working, too.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by dwig
You must be new to the internet if you think people are gonna ever stop complaining.

Actually, complaining about complaining and responding to negativity with negativity is his shtick.

Was about to say this. Almost(?) every post by the OP I see is a (passive-)aggressive comment directed at people criticizing Larian/BG3, be the criticisms constructive or douche-y.

+1

Last edited by Hachina; 03/12/20 12:12 PM.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I'm not sure I see the point of a SRT rogue; stealth, sleight of hand, ranged weapons and initiative are DEX. Why do you want a rogue with high AC but low stealth and SoH? High AC also often means disadvantage on stealth due to armor. Seems like you would be better off with a straight martial class if you want high AC and straight up damage.

Not to say a rogue has to dump strength, but I'd still want a high DEX and CON before putting to many points into STR. Unless you're going Arcane Trickster, which seems pointless with all the scrolls in the game, INT, WIS, and CHA could all be dumped giving a rogue good DEX, CON, and STR.

Am I missing something?

old hand
old hand
My faith in them was already pretty strong, but now it's on lock.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
So if you have a Wood Half-Elf Rogue that dual wields...Their stats are 16-16-14-8-10-10 and they have a Rapier in one hand and a Long Sword in the other....Will they be able to sneak attack?

Balancing Changes:
Melee Sneak Attack now requires a finesse weapon.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by Thrandarian
So if you have a Wood Half-Elf Rogue that dual wields...Their stats are 16-16-14-8-10-10 and they have a Rapier in one hand and a Long Sword in the other....Will they be able to sneak attack?

Balancing Changes:
Melee Sneak Attack now requires a finesse weapon.

Yes if the rapier is in your main hand since it is a finesse weapon(I'm not sure if you can SA with your off hand weapon but I'm guessing no).
You would get a sneak attack with the rapier and the long sword would be a bonus attack.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by adkfina
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Actually, complaining about complaining and responding to negativity with negativity is his shtick.

Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Was about to say this. Almost(?) every post by the OP I see is a (passive-)aggressive comment directed at people criticizing Larian/BG3, be the criticisms constructive or douche-y.

And you both see what you want to see because that is ridiculously far from the truth, but the patch has put me in too good of a mood to take the bait.

They're absolutely right in their characterization of you though. You're more childish and indignant than the strawman you built up in your head. Aside from leaving the house more maybe, you'd do just as well with a "humble pie" yourself

Except they are not. Not only can you find many posts with me thanking people for their suggestions, give people having problems help, etc., you will even find ones where I disagree but still thank them like:
OP: Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. Unfortunately, the only area we agree on is waiting on the AI. Larian needs to speed this up.

I am glad to see though that of my 400+ posts and probably less than a dozen negative or inflammatory ones, they stand out in people's minds. I'd hate to think my purposefully inflammatory comments weren't being noticed. I don't want to be forgettable LoL.

Hopefully, this patch puts an end to all the negativity about them not listening to feedback because there are a lot of FANTASTIC changes that are obviously based on feedback.

No, they didn't address everything some of YOU individually wanted and never will, but I am very happy about many of the changes.

Some I question..."Melee Sneak Attack now requires a finesse weapon." So you cant make a STR based rogue?

Yes, many of you are still gonna have major complaints, but please tell me we can agree that this is a big, positive step.

Not a lot has been changed yes the spells were welcome, but the companions still feel the same to me, and the combat mechanics are still pretty bad to play.. Barrelmancy is not removed.

addict
addict
Are you serious?
Making <Negative> criticism for feedback on the game is the whole point of this forum. Thanks to that, hey will you look at that! We got a GREAT patch. Thanks Larian.

I don't think this would of happened if everyone here were positive rose and peachy sugar coat-me lala landers just preaching how good the game is 24/7.
The concise critics/negativity and Larian listening IS what is bringing on change.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 04/12/20 01:51 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Are you serious?
Making <Negative> criticism for feedback on the game is the whole point of this forum. Thanks to that, hey will you look at that! We got a GREAT patch. Thanks Larian.

I don't think this would of happened if everyone here were positive rose and peachy sugar coat-me lala landers just preaching how good the game is 24/7.
The concise critics/negativity and Larian listening IS what is bringing on change.

I'm gonna have to type a sentence now that I never suspected I would.

"I actually agree with mr_planescapist here."

The criticism IS important, and people shouldn't stop doing it. If everyone just posts "great game, 10/10, GOTY, perfect, love it, thx Larian, take my money (again), I am naming my baby Swen" all the time, the game doesn't get improved. Or at least, not AS improved as it could be.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'd hate to think my purposefully inflammatory comments weren't being noticed. I don't want to be forgettable LoL.

They are being noticed and for the wrong reasons. Kindly desist.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Are you serious?

The criticism IS important, and people shouldn't stop doing it. If everyone just posts "great game, 10/10, GOTY, perfect, love it, thx Larian, take my money (again), I am naming my baby Swen" all the time, the game doesn't get improved. Or at least, not AS improved as it could be.

*swoon*

old hand
old hand
Sven is a good name for your baby though

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Are you serious?

People need to keep in mind criticism and negativity or two different things.

One says "this isn't working for x reason, please consider fixing it". The other says "it doesn't matter what you say, they'll never listen, they just wanted to get our money and do whatever they would do anyway".

Hopefully, this patch will encourage folks to continue the former, and stop at least SOME folks from continuing the latter.

Now, where are those gnomish pistoliers wearing sexy grass thong armor?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Anfindel

One says "this isn't working for x reason, please consider fixing it". The other says "it doesn't matter what you say, they'll never listen, they just wanted to get our money and do whatever they would do anyway".

Yeah, exactly. I hate the latter, and I feel compelled to either argue with or make fun of those people (in a perfect world, both at the same time!). I know it's not really helpful or constructive, but it makes me feel slightly better about the soulless desolation that is my existence, so whaddaya gonna do?

I have no problem with people making arguments or posting opinions that are different from mine, even opposite of mine, as long as they communicate in a reasonable manner. It's not the specific points that people are making that put a bee in my bonnet, it's when they use some kind of bullshit RHETORIC (most of which is naked hyperbole at best).

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Anfindel

Yeah, exactly. I hate the latter, and I feel compelled to either argue with or make fun of those people (in a perfect world, both at the same time!). I know it's not really helpful or constructive, but it makes me feel slightly better about the soulless desolation that is my existence, so whaddaya gonna do?
I have no problem with people making arguments or posting opinions that are different from mine, even opposite of mine, as long as they communicate in a reasonable manner. It's not the specific points that people are making that put a bee in my bonnet, it's when they use some kind of bullshit RHETORIC (most of which is naked hyperbole at best).

Totally agree with both of you. Please give constructive criticism and advocate for things I don't want or like. I'm totally cool with it. But be a douche about it and may get "inflammatory".

Originally Posted by vometia
I'd hate to think my purposefully inflammatory comments weren't being noticed. I don't want to be forgettable LoL.

They are being noticed and for the wrong reasons. Kindly desist.

We both have to do what we feel is right. I try to not do personal attacks. I also believe in conflict resolution by forcing things to come to a head and challenging their BS. There have been a few adversarial threads where we ended up agreeing after I was "inflammatory". That's a good result in spite of the fact that you may not like how I got there. At some point, you (or other moderators) my decide I crossed a line and I may get a temporary or even a permanent ban. When/if that happens, I will accept it. I certainly will not be a jerk to the mod responsible as I understand they have a job to do. But, I will not accept people being dicks either. That means I will flirt with the line. So... again... We both have to do what we feel is right. Until such time, I will continue to put forth way more good than bad and hope that the net effect is a positive one. Chaotic Good in DnD terms.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard