Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Braxton Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Firstly big thanks to Larian for all their work.

Jumping into patch 3 there are some obvious improvements, something I was really keen to check out is player/companion pathing which doesn't seem to be improved? The chapel fight is a good test bed for this. Characters will path through the ensnaring vines multiple times. This just promotes running back to camp which isn't very immersive. IMO the vines should be hidden, but detectable on a perception check. If you succeed on a perception check, or a character is caught by the vines, they're considered "seen" and characters will path around them unless explicitly told to stand in them.

Also there's places in the chapel where characters will dive off the edge, damaging themselves in the fall, rather than take the more sensible stairs. Could we please have a hard lock on characters making any move that could cause fall damage? Especially if low health! Here's an example:

Standing on this platform and clicking on the beds below should see the character climb down and use the stairs to the right, or the ladder further north

[Linked Image]

Instead they shuffle of the side of the platform and fall

[Linked Image]

Which, understandably, leads to some damage

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Braxton; 03/12/20 01:02 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I just ran into this also. When you are on the ruins on the top level, instead of the character path finding to the ladder or stairs, they just jump off the ledge damaging themselves.

addict
addict
The whole falling off a ledge thing is not new, but I have not experienced it there before so it is definitely related to the patch.

Originally Posted by Braxton
IMO the vines should be hidden, but detectable on a perception check. If you succeed on a perception check, or a character is caught by the vines, they're considered "seen" and characters will path around them unless explicitly told to stand in them.

Could not agree with this more.

Link Copied to Clipboard