Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Is anyone playing on Stadia? I just tried to access it, and the version number has indeed updated.

However, once I get to the main menu, the screen won't take input from the touchscreen and my cursor is missing!!! The cursor changes to the gauntlet while the game is loading, but promptly vanishes as soon as I 'press any key to continue.'

Is anyone else having this issue? It's obviously a major problem.

Last edited by jmos; 03/12/20 05:30 PM.
stranger
stranger
The patch is awesome, thanks for the changes! Excellent to see that a lot of the changes resonate with what the Community was looking for. Absolutely great! :- )

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Originally Posted by jmos
Is anyone playing on Stadia? I just tried to access it, and the version number has indeed updated.

However, once I get to the main menu, the screen won't take input from the touchscreen and my cursor is missing!!! The cursor changes to the gauntlet while the game is loading, but promptly vanishes as soon as I 'press any key to continue.'

I also play on Stadia but won't be able to check for a few hours.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by jmos

Can you try closing your game and then re-launching? I had the same issue when I first launched the game on Stadia after the update, but since launching again the cursor appears.

stranger
stranger
Stadia update now works for me

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
Stadia has not updated yet.

Thanks. Any idea what kind of time frame we're looking at?

My guess would be tomorrow since it is getting late in the day now. Will post when I have been advised it is live.

The update is now live on Stadia.

Just a heads up for keeping us up to date and informed, hope this will be how future updates will be announced, keep up the good work !

Love the changes with the update, but I'm going to throw my voice in with the people saying there needs to be new content for me to continue playing. Hopefully the patch 4 they discussed has new classes, NPCs, quests and companions. Otherwise I'll be sitting this game out until that stuff is introduced.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Whatt about the hair you could receive from aunt Ethel? Supose to give you 1 stat point. Its been fixed?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by eestabil
Whatt about the hair you could receive from aunt Ethel? Supose to give you 1 stat point. Its been fixed?

Actually what I want as well, but as I didn’t see it in the notes I assume the option is still bad

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I closed the game and relaunched.

I logged out of my Google/Stadia account and signed back in.

I rebooted.

I cleared all the Stadia cookies from Chrome.

No Joy.

I did discover that the cursor is there, it is just invisible! If I'm careful I can make menu selections.

I contacted Support

addict
addict
Amazing news. I really hope this show all us forum dwellers that you guys deserve our trust and some patience for the next patch smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Are hand-crossbows back in or are they still being worked on?

Last edited by Sunfly; 03/12/20 10:00 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vortex138
Originally Posted by Zentu
While this update has some great tweaks and fixes in it, I am a bit disappointed. I would have loved to have seen at least one new class and or NPC Companion added to the game. The complete lack of any real additions after the hype they created around this update is really disappointing. There is nothing here compelling me to comeback and play some more.

Btw, this isn't going to happen until release. I'm pretty sure Larian has already stated that more races and classes will not be added until after it is out of Early Access.

False, unless you have a source newer than Panel From Hell (1:21:53) to support this. During the panel Swen said new classes, races, companions and features will be added during EA. What isn't going to be added is more acts. (Though you could say more story may be added in the form of new quests or getting more of Act I - we don't have the full act available afaik.)

addict
addict
Here to express my strong distaste for the "dumbing down" of characterisation because people complained that they were mean to the pc. Boooo. I don't think posting this will mean anything but the newer "happy families" changes are just sad.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Here to express my strong distaste for the "dumbing down" of characterisation because people complained that they were mean to the pc. Boooo. I don't think posting this will mean anything but the newer "happy families" changes are just sad.

Is it really? From what Larian said in the patch update, it should be "less annoying" (not criticizing every little thing you do), not "blander" (having no opinions). I was wondering what the player opinions are going to be.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Is it really? From what Larian said in the patch update, it should be "less annoying" (not criticizing every little thing you do), not "blander" (having no opinions). I was wondering what the player opinions are going to be.

Yeah, I know i'm going to be in the minority but still. I alway saw the approval-disapproval system as their own personal feelings towards the pc and peoples opinions of others do change based on their actions: imo I would have hidden approval completely from the players view and just had the dialogue change, but again that's just me and I highly doubt many people would have wanted anything like that. I personally don't think the change was a good idea, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it.

veteran
veteran
I also wish this hadn't changed. The author had a vision -- a group of people who, under normal circumstances wouldn't associated, forced to work together. Now that people are more agreeable that story makes less sense.

And it seems like a bad interpretation of the feedback. What's needed are more companions you get along with, not 'personality adjustments'. In BG1 I adventure with my lifelong best friend, two of my father's most loyal friends and insanely loyal ranger.

I want to have a party like that -- people I like and trust -- but I don't want to force square pegs in round holes or to start using a screwdriver as a hammer. The initial EA companions were built for a purpose, let them serve that purpose and let the writers create other, equally compelling, companions that serve other purposes.

Bravo Larian, great job in listening to your players, we are really on a very promising path there, thank you.
I have to admit that it struck a chord in me when Shadowheart proved to be a little more human, I really felt a connexion with her, great job here too smile

addict
addict
I alway saw the approval-disapproval system as their own personal feelings towards the pc and peoples opinions of others do change based on their actions: imo I would have hidden approval completely from the players view and just had the dialogue change, but again that's just me and I highly doubt many people would have wanted anything like that.

I have mixed feelings on overt approval systems. On one hand, it's gamey and I don't like gamey, on the other, it's to show something that would be more visible in real life than it is in a video game (subtleties that would be a massive amount of work for little gain). I also like to know where I'm standing - and instant feedback makes me undestand why companions like or dislike me, as well as learn their opinions on things without it needing dedicated conversations.

M
M
Great changes in current patch, looking forward to the next one

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard