Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Leuenherz #739204 26/11/20 03:44 PM
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Leuenherz
Originally Posted by Eldath
snip

snip

Regardless I provided enough evidence that justifies Kagha's behaviour as not uncommon or unacceptable according to Silvanus's standards, which are the only standards she should care about as a Silvanus druid. The rest is literally just people coping about their convenient morality.

Eldath #739230 26/11/20 06:10 PM
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Regardless I provided enough evidence that justifies Kagha's behaviour as not uncommon or unacceptable according to Silvanus's standards, which are the only standards she should care about as a Silvanus druid. The rest is literally just people coping about their convenient morality.
Then why Halsin.

He makes no sense in this context if everyone else in the grove acts so extremely antithetical to his beliefs. It almost makes me believe his defining flaw will be that he never-ever pays attention to his rank and file.

Vhaldez #739232 26/11/20 06:21 PM
E
E
Silvanus acept neutral evil followers. It is just one step from true neutral.

Silvanus accepting Kagha doesn't make her less evil. Faldorn was also evil and a druid.

Vhaldez #739247 26/11/20 06:59 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Then why Halsin.

He makes no sense in this context if everyone else in the grove acts so extremely antithetical to his beliefs. It almost makes me believe his defining flaw will be that he never-ever pays attention to his rank and file.

It pretty much what he says about whole situation. When he talks to you about going to Moonrise towers, you can ask him about how the grove will be without him and he'll admit that he never was a good leader and all what happend is his fault first of all.

Vhaldez #739314 26/11/20 11:19 PM
addict
addict
Then why Halsin.

Not everyone in the grove rejects Halsin's beliefs. Rath exists pretty much entirely to inform us that there are druids who abhor Kagha's views. There's also that druid with the bird who is searching silently for Halsin and presumably Nettie since she's going on with her normal duties rather than working on the ritual. Zevlor even points you in her direction which he wouldn't do if Nettie was refusing to heal outsiders. The druid trader also seems concerned for the tieflings and seems there to pass out supplies.

I also don't think everyone working on the ritual is necessarily as extreme as Kagha. Desperation can push people to do uncharacteristic things and we are told this is a very desperate situation.

What really needs to be done is show the desperation more on the side of the druids. Maybe have one talk about how the regional forests have suffered because the druids have had to re-direct their efforts into aiding the tieflings. Have another mention that their magic has been stretched thin trying to accommodate them and that several druids have died defending the grove from monster attacks.

And like I said earlier we need an NPC to direct us toward investigating Kagha. The bird druid who doesn't want to talk seems like a good candidate. if you press the issue maybe she tells the PC that she's heard whispering from inside Kagha's room and is suspicious of those rats that are always following her but don't respond when spoken to.

Also the opportunity to join the Shadow Druids if you're a druid or ranger would be really cool. I have a neutral evil druid concept that'd fit in perfectly with what they are all about.

Vhaldez #739317 26/11/20 11:30 PM
old hand
old hand
Your bets, in the new patch Kaga will be bad or Kaga will not be bad?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Vhaldez #739332 27/11/20 12:28 AM
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
They might smooth things out, make a change here and there but I highly doubt they'll be making massive character changes to anyone in the grove.

Vhaldez #739335 27/11/20 12:59 AM
addict
addict
I wouldn't be surprised if they at least made the DC to save Arabella easier. Or added a DEX roll to intercept the snake before it bites her, which is something I think really should've been in from the start.

It'd be really interesting to see how Kagha reacts to almost getting a child killed. Who knows? Maybe that would scare her straight. Actually killing Arabella forces her to double down on her evil or admit she royally messed up, but seeing the possible consequence without it actually going through could snap her out of her mindset pretty quick.

Vhaldez #739338 27/11/20 01:11 AM
old hand
old hand
#JusticeForArabella

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
OneManArmy #739388 27/11/20 08:42 AM
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Your bets, in the new patch Kaga will be bad or Kaga will not be bad?
They are probably focusing on the Absolute first so my chips are on still bad.

Vhaldez #739503 27/11/20 03:23 PM
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
There is a lot to be said. But for once i am glad this thread went up. While i don't believe Khaga acting was over the place as she clearly is leaning toward evil and Silvanus is a deity that accepts also evil followers those kind of discussion are truly engaging.

I play in this setting since the Advanced Dungeons and Dragon. Some editions made more damage than good like the 4th edition that broken so much the overall lore that many people that started with that usually lacks the past knowledge and many notions.
However for being a such hot debate this thread was respectful we should have more threads like this.

On Khaga:
For how she appears i think she is a Sun elf now Sun elf were always very elitist in nature that put strenght also on her attitude of low tollerance.

Last edited by Rieline; 27/11/20 03:25 PM.
Vhaldez #740131 30/11/20 05:23 PM
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
With the next patch slated for either tonight or tomorrow I'm looking forward to any Kagha / grove questline changes.

Vhaldez #740159 30/11/20 06:58 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I thought Kagha was great.
Not everyone wants to roleplay a bleeding heart do gooder all the time (it's bad enough to have to do it IRL) and she gives us the option to cause more chaos and do more selfish evil. It's nice to have games with LOADS of options for how you play and what you do. Playthough as 'yourself' on a run, playthrough making the seemingly 'right' choices on a run and make a completely selfish and evil run... that's part of the fun.

She didn't even kill the kid, her out of control snake did.. And weather you want to believe it or not she represents a good percentage of the human population today(no I don't mean xenophobic and racist, I mean tribal and wanting to protect their own and their way of life) and yes, I know she's a fictional elf, but that just works out more for my argument than against it as fiction always mirrors reality in some sense and a fictional character can be whatever the creator wants them to be weather you like it or not. Looking just a hundred years or so back in human history will show all of that you need to see and if we compare to our own dark ages (when kings sat in castles and knights rode out) Women and children wore rarely spared. Hell, looking at the middle east and other chunks of the world today will give you plenty of examples of stuff like this... Also, I don't recall being asked to kill tieflings, just tell them to leave so she can seal the grove and protect her people. That's pretty realistic... (Now I want to play a Drow and see if I can kill them all before I tell the goblins where the grove is....just to look for that option)

Reading back to your opening post, It seems like you're just calling for some soft, politically correct, social justice nonsense to be implemented because you don't see how anyone would ever take a fictional characters side in a role playing game because you think it's evil...

"The player is not necessarily incentivized to act on the Tieflings' behalf" - Nor should they be.. that's why it's called a choice... But, I'd argue that they're not really incentivized to act on anyones behalf but their own.
" I basically had to admit to Kagha that I am a racist and wanted to see hellspawn removed from this plane of existence." - Sounds like you don't like that this choice exists because it rubs you the wrong way.... That's kind of selfish and silly.. it's a game...
"If you happen to be a rational human being and ignore the path I described in the second paragraph" - Jesus Christ man.. can you virtue signal any harder... It's a game with story options.. Options that are based in the historical reality of animalistic behavior, including human... and humans have been on this planet for over 100k years. We survived a great many things by being tribal. Really, it's the last couple hundred years that have let us be comfortable and safe enough to pretend otherwise.
"Now, ignoring the matter of the real-world political implications of a xenophobic populist rallying ignorant people against harmless refugees for a moment (because God knows we want to stay clear of that" - PFFT, BWHAHAHA, you do, because you're projecting too hard...
" the problem is that there really is no moral choice here" - Morals are subjective... always have been, always will be.
" If you really want to salvage her character I would start by cutting the child murder scene" - Nope, that scene was important in establishing what kind of person we are dealing with and how out of control she actually is. It gives us reason to go hunting for answers and fight mud mephits. It's nice to see Haslin slap her wrist and talk the childs parents into killing her at the little party later.

In the end it's a game, and trying to project your rose colored version of life on to it just seems ridiculous. Seems like the Tiefling kid being killed offended some part of you and the rest of Kaghas character just added to it. That doesn't mean it needs to go because it upset you.. it was supposed to upset you.. that was the point...

Vhaldez #740171 30/11/20 07:27 PM
veteran
veteran
slated for either tonight or tomorrow

Where exactly did you get this information? O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
SaurianDruid #741356 04/12/20 06:55 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
I wouldn't be surprised if they at least made the DC to save Arabella easier.

Seems I was right. At least the nature check changed. It used to be a 16 I think, and now it is seems to be a 12.

Anyone else checked what the persuasion check is now?

Vhaldez #741437 04/12/20 11:39 AM
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
There are no changes to her story I've noticed, the "Kagha path" is still more like a failstate than a real option. Zevlor attacks you, you report his death to Kagha as if he died at the grove gate and that was that.

Vhaldez #741525 04/12/20 02:31 PM
old hand
old hand
We Demand More Kagha Content!

Vhaldez #763724 09/03/21 12:56 PM
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Is Kagha still bad asking for a friend

Vhaldez #763768 09/03/21 05:13 PM
veteran
veteran
She never was. :P

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Vhaldez #763769 09/03/21 05:24 PM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I love that you can now get Teela the snake to step in and reason with Kagha. It's a cool way to save Arabella without having to do a check if you approach her in animal form.

Last edited by agouzov; 09/03/21 05:32 PM.
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard