Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#741776 05/12/20 01:08 AM
Joined: Nov 2020
G
guy Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
G
Joined: Nov 2020
Lae'zal will **** anything that moves. so will asterion. so will shadowheart. So will Gale.

Roll it back.
For example, if yo aren't gith, Lae'zal won't touch you.

Shadowheart romace DC for women is 10, and for men is 20.

Asterion has racial preferences and won't touch certain races.

Gale has a CHA requirement.

ETC.

To add a depth to the game that makes you want to roll a character just to explore the depth you can't get if you play a certain way.

That would be closer to how the Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 approached it. Not exactly... but this is BG3. not divinity. And I will compare this game to BG, and not divinity.
As will many here, that are here because they fell in love with BG.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
There are numerous threads about all the origine characters needing to go to horny jail at the tiefling party event.

Yes it is jarring to see characters you barely interacted with that closely suddenly wanting the PC that badly or outright declaring the PC lost their chance to get into those pants.

Yes its very odd.
Larian would need to fix it and hopefully they eventually will.


Edit: just note I am not saying lets remove romance. What I meant was it is too sudden and too hard.

Larian. If you are listening please add flirty dialogue lines through out the Act 1 adventure.
Then this would trigger a romance flag if the player WANTS to romance these characters.
Do the same for Act 2 and maaaaaybe Act 3... if no one triggers these romance flags then the friendship flag should he raised with the party members acting as very close friends instead of very, very horny teenagers.

I personally would choose the flirty dialogue sprinkled across the game than the mo-cap romance scenes. I appreciate you went through the effort of making them but without good pacing it just feels awkward as hell.

Last edited by Eddiar; 05/12/20 04:25 PM.
Joined: Jul 2009
I
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
I
Joined: Jul 2009
And I hope they also remove playersexuality and isntead give every companion a defined sexuality instead.
Yes, playersexuality as cheap way to basically double the amount of romances you have, but it also makes those romances and NPCs generic and bland.

That doesn't mean that there can't be bisexual NPCs, but they should always be bisexual which is part of their character (See Kingmakers Regongar and Octavia) instead of spontaneously becoming bisexual if the player gender demands it.

Joined: Nov 2020
G
guy Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
G
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Ixal
And I hope they also remove playersexuality and isntead give every companion a defined sexuality instead.
Yes, playersexuality as cheap way to basically double the amount of romances you have, but it also makes those romances and NPCs generic and bland.

That doesn't mean that there can't be bisexual NPCs, but they should always be bisexual which is part of their character (See Kingmakers Regongar and Octavia) instead of spontaneously becoming bisexual if the player gender demands it.


yeah, stop forcing the LGBT crap on every character.

They want boobs and sex, fine, whatever. But why is laezal dry humping a halfling?

Just one example.

Joined: Nov 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Ixal
And I hope they also remove playersexuality and isntead give every companion a defined sexuality instead.
Yes, playersexuality as cheap way to basically double the amount of romances you have, but it also makes those romances and NPCs generic and bland.

That doesn't mean that there can't be bisexual NPCs, but they should always be bisexual which is part of their character (See Kingmakers Regongar and Octavia) instead of spontaneously becoming bisexual if the player gender demands it.


But then you can't romance everyone and everything in the romance game frown

No, i agree. It's not about Faerun being, somehow someway, just a place where anyone with a pulse will get with anyone with a pulse. It's just the cheapest way of handling it, straight up.

Hell, aren't drows traditionally pretty racist, pretty matriarchal and pretty evil? Why would a female drow who stands by all that, thinking about Minthara, bump uglies and get emotionally attached to some male halfling?

Last edited by Innateagle; 05/12/20 02:54 AM.
Joined: Nov 2020
G
guy Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
G
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Ixal
And I hope they also remove playersexuality and isntead give every companion a defined sexuality instead.
Yes, playersexuality as cheap way to basically double the amount of romances you have, but it also makes those romances and NPCs generic and bland.

That doesn't mean that there can't be bisexual NPCs, but they should always be bisexual which is part of their character (See Kingmakers Regongar and Octavia) instead of spontaneously becoming bisexual if the player gender demands it.


But then you can't romance everyone and everything in the romance game frown

No, i agree. Making everyone bisexual doesn't make sense because, somehow someway, Faerun is just a place where anyone with a pulse will get with anyone with a pulse, it's just a cheap way of handling it. Hell, aren't drows traditionally pretty racist, pretty evil and pretty matriarchal? Why would a female drow who stands by all that, thinking about Minthara, get emotionally attached to some male halfling?


And why would Asterion hump a halfling? half the blood.

Dirty halflings.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
The only one really jarring is Laezel like "I don't like you but you're missing prime action."

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Orientation? no. There will be too much noise. Locked races... Maybe, but I don't know. People want more freedom and I can understand them. Restrictions can cause a lot of hate and bad reactions.


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by guy

yeah, stop forcing the LGBT crap on every character.



It's 2020. Almost 2021. It would appear that the world has moved on without you. I invite you to catch up.

Joined: Nov 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Nov 2020
I'm afraid the fact there are so few companions locks them in to "everyone is available and v e r y keen" for the dating sim portion. Otherwise many characters would have only 1 "choice."

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Look noone should be locked out of content they want to experience based upon something like the race or gender of their chosen character. If someone is willing to associate with you and work along side you, chances are there are conditions under which they would consider sleeping with you. Not always, but often, that is why workplace romance and infidelity is so fucking common. Raise your hand if you have ever fucked around with a coworker without having planned it or intended to. That is reality.

I would love to see asexual characters who aren't interested in a relationship, with anyone, under any circumstances, but if a character is romanceable they should be romanceable for everyone. That is also life. Ever found yourself dating someone who wasn't on your radar?

The easiest way to fix what is really wrong with relationships in the game as they are now is to simply make them earned. Flings are easy, relationships take work. It would be great if the game had sufficient depth and nuance that you can fuck up what you have going with another character by moving too fast or too callously, and end up alienating or even losing them. it would also be great if they made pursuing a character you were really interested in taking effort, understanding, insight, and gestures of genuine devotion. Passing up the chance to fuck them in order to build meaningful trust, respect, and appreciation. I have made a few life long friendships with women simply because I didn't take advantage of what they offered when they were feeling vulnerable or very willing but also very wasted.

I know some of you are pretty young, and there are probably even a couple of you on this board who aren't dudes, but as a guy who spent their twenties in the service and pursuing meaningful weekend relationships in every port we hit all over south east Asia, the hunt is always better than the kill. Sex is great, but its that evening of seeing a girl who seizes your interest, impressing her and gaining her confidence, having some exciting moments, then sharing something afterward which heightens the experience and makes it memorable -well, in the short term anyway. Eventually it will all kind of blur together and fade into vague impressions but that isn't the point. My point is, sex is always good but when its great its mostly because of everything that leads up to it not simply the thing itself.

And lets face it, that Teifling party isn't. It isn't great. It isn't even a party. I mean, its tantamount to fucking middle school "parties" chaperoned by parents with Lays and Pepsi in the school gym. Nothing about it feels exciting or jubilant. That entire bit is tone deaf and utterly unconvincing, from beginning to end, every detail. The devs seriously need to get out more. Hit Ibiza, Rio, the Hope opener or one of the Jupiter Island after parties at Sint Maartin or hell even Burning Man, Coachella, and Mardi Gras which are all pretty trashy and terribly overrated. These are people who just came out the other side of certain death hanging around making small talk like they are at a corporate bbq on a mandatory fun day.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 05/12/20 10:08 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by guy
To add a depth to the game that makes you want to roll a character just to explore the depth you can't get if you play a certain way.


Is that fun depth though? Sounds like needless restriction tbh. Characters having specific sexualities can be fine, especially if it's somehow plot relevant. But I doubt it's going to be a relevant story point in this game and it is, at the end of the day, a role playing fantasy game. Locking the romance for every character to specific builds feels like it would be frustrating padding than depth. If I've made a character a specific way and ended up feeling like they've had a certain rapport it's not going to add to my fun finding that there are no romance options. Sure, it would be realistic, but we're not playing D&D to have a realistic time.

Joined: Nov 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Eventually it will all kind of blur together and fade into vague impressions but that isn't the point.


The blur is one of my main complaints about life and will be included in my feedback post for God when I get round to writing it.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by dotmats
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Eventually it will all kind of blur together and fade into vague impressions but that isn't the point.


The blur is one of my main complaints about life and will be included in my feedback post for God when I get round to writing it.


I don't often laugh out loud sitting in front of a computer screen, but when I do it is because of posts like this laugh

Joined: Nov 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by DistantStranger

And lets face it, that Teifling party isn't. It isn't great. It isn't even a party. I mean, its tantamount to fucking middle school "parties" chaperoned by parents with Lays and Pepsi in the school gym. Nothing about it feels exciting or jubilant. That entire bit is tone deaf and utterly unconvincing, from beginning to end, every detail. The devs seriously need to get out more. Hit Ibiza, Rio, the Hope opener or one of the Jupiter Island after parties at Sint Maartin or hell even Burning Man, Coachella, and Mardi Gras which are all pretty trashy and terribly overrated. These are people who just came out the other side of certain death hanging around making small talk like they are at a corporate bbq on a mandatory fun day.


On that point, I just had flashbacks of every shit videogame depiction of a party. Are there any good ones?

I don't think people who let loose usually end up in the game industry, or maybe it's difficult to simulate it in a game when the player is so boringly sober.

Joined: Jul 2009
I
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
I
Joined: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Look noone should be locked out of content they want to experience based upon something like the race or gender of their chosen character. If someone is willing to associate with you and work along side you, chances are there are conditions under which they would consider sleeping with you. Not always, but often, that is why workplace romance and infidelity is so fucking common. Raise your hand if you have ever fucked around with a coworker without having planned it or intended to. That is reality.

I would love to see asexual characters who aren't interested in a relationship, with anyone, under any circumstances, but if a character is romanceable they should be romanceable for everyone. That is also life. Ever found yourself dating someone who wasn't on your radar?


I have worked for the same company for years and yet I have not turned Bi and considered to sleep with my same sex coworkers. And I am pretty sure that is the norm for nearly everyone.
And I disagree that everyone should be able to romance everyone. That just makes them bland sex dolls. Companions should show interest in those that fits their character.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Being bland has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Being straight doesn't make you interesting.


As for the NPCs, they aren't real people. They should be convincing, but its the player that matters. Just because an experience is uncommon doesn't make it invalid. Live how you wish, and grant others the same freedom.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 05/12/20 10:53 AM.
Joined: Dec 2020
S
Banned
Offline
Banned
S
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by guy

yeah, stop forcing the LGBT crap on every character.



It's 2020. Almost 2021. It would appear that the world has moved on without you. I invite you to catch up.

Indeed it's [current year], therefore you are unquestionably right.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Agreed, the way "romance" is handled in BG3 is beyond ridiculous. You'd think it's a (bad) dating sim. Impression reinforced by dream waifu.

Originally Posted by Skeletor
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by guy

yeah, stop forcing the LGBT crap on every character.



It's 2020. Almost 2021. It would appear that the world has moved on without you. I invite you to catch up.

Indeed it's [current year], therefore you are unquestionably right.


Yeah. Arguments of "the year is X, therefore you are under the obligation to agree with me" are ridiculous.

Joined: Jul 2009
I
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
I
Joined: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Being bland has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Being straight doesn't make you interesting.


As for the NPCs, they aren't real people. They should be convincing, but its the player that matters. Just because an experience is uncommon doesn't make it invalid. Live how you wish, and grant others the same freedom.


What makes you interesting is having a defined character with likes and dislikes instead of jumping into the bed with everyone and everything as long as it is controlled by the player.
For example a companion who has a dwarf fetish and would only romance them (and male gnomes if they have a beard) is much more memorable and interesting than the current sex robots.

Last edited by Ixal; 05/12/20 11:39 AM.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5