Next Thread
Print Thread
#741832 05/12/20 04:33 AM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
is there any word if there will be a githzerai subrace to the Githyanki? It would be a very nice addition to see, with the game going to be Githyanki rich and would be interesting to see a dyanmic between a player Githzerai and Lae'zel and other Githyanki members since they're the two races are like fire and ice against to each other lorewise.

veteran
veteran
If so i honestly hope that interaction will be in "kill on sight" spirit ... or more like "kill on reveal" since they seem to look exactly the same to me.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
I really, really hope so.

addict
addict
Would be a huge missed opportunity if they weren't added.

G
guy Offline
G
Some time after half orcs and before genesai

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm surprised they weren't in from the start, given that they're visually identical to githyanki. Maybe it's because shield and detect thoughts aren't implemented yet? And/or because there's no monk yet (given that their philosophy makes monk essentially their favoured class).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by silentbrad
I'm surprised they weren't in from the start, given that they're visually identical to githyanki. Maybe it's because shield and detect thoughts aren't implemented yet? And/or because there's no monk yet (given that their philosophy makes monk essentially their favoured class).

I think it might also be because yes, they're visually identical or almost identical to githyanki, but would have completely different dialogue. Lots of writing would need to go into githzerai. They'd need to react to illithids, to surface creatures, to githyanki, all in a githzerai way that's radically different from githyanki. I also think it'd be harder to write githzerai so they feel githzerai (and not humans in githzerai guise), moreso than it is for githyanki. (Unless later editions diluted their flavour, my githzerai knowledge is mostly from P:T.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

I think it might also be because yes, they're visually identical or almost identical to githyanki, but would have completely different dialogue. Lots of writing would need to go into githzerai. They'd need to react to illithids, to surface creatures, to githyanki, all in a githzerai way that's radically different from githyanki. I also think it'd be harder to write githzerai so they feel githzerai (and not humans in githzerai guise), moreso than it is for githyanki. (Unless later editions diluted their flavour, my githzerai knowledge is mostly from P:T.)

Maybe non-origin githzerai companion then, since it would be easier to manage.

Verte #742098 05/12/20 04:46 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Verte
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Maybe non-origin githzerai companion then, since it would be easier to manage.

Won't say no to that. Especially that it mentions non-origin companions. :P

old hand
old hand
By studying the teachings of Zerthimon, I have become stronger.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd love Githzerai to be a thing.
Then again, I like playing Contradictions, so I'm more likely to play some random Githyanki who was good aligned and is dedicated to doing good.
You know, if Goblins or Hob-Goblins won't be available, still holding out hope for Goblins.

Banned
Banned
I think the problem with playing the more
"Monster" type races in Fae'run lies in its opening cutscene.
The Nautiloud comes grabbing people in a big surface city.

How high are the chances that it grabs a Drow even, or a Half-Drow, or... a Vampire Thrall? Didn't that ship attack during daylight? grin
Or the smaller races which might escape the tentacles teleport-slap by an inch.
Being a big guy definitely is more of an disadvantage in that scenario.

Nothing against Goblins though. Nott fan's assemble!

apprentice
apprentice
it would have grabbed those races in the underdark, where a lot of nautiloids are hiding away recovering their strengths after the first war with the gith afaik

enthusiast
enthusiast
I feel like regardless of where they grabbed them from, Goblins, Hob-Goblins, Orcs, Gray Orcs, etc like a crapload of races would likely have been viable targets, it all depends where this particular Nautiloid grabbed it's lot from.

Banned
Banned
Ah~ I just noticed a thought mistake. We saw it grab people from the City yes but it also teleported around much earlier.
We were only shown its last big haul from a "protagonist races city" like Baldurs Gate. ( That 'was' Baldurs Gate I believe? grin )

Hard to think that some brutal low-iq idiots like the Gith could beat this tentacle Overlords back so much.
But hey lore is lore I guess.
And even SciFi cavemen can get lucky it seems.

I'm currently binge watching through lore about the raelm/universe all of this takes place in on binge speed.
So many lore to catch up on, I am impressed! ( *o*)
Hard to think though that with psionic advantage over most Races and with such technology, they could ever recieve a big blowback.

€dit:

I found about the existence of the Githzerai yesterday.
Oh so there ARE people of their race who use more than just the Lizardpart of their brains huh? grin
Cool and chill dudes confirmed.

Last edited by JustAnotherBaldu; 16/12/20 10:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
We were only shown its last big haul from a "protagonist races city" like Baldurs Gate. ( That 'was' Baldurs Gate I believe? grin )

Nope ... it was Yartar:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Yartar

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
So reading about Yartar is a trip.

apprentice
apprentice
I do believe the good guy dialogue you can get as a gith is intended to be more for githzerai, tho I'm not a fan of race bound alignments so in my headcanon it's possible for githyanki to be curious about stuff other than what they're told to think by their queen tho they are curious about it in that they want to see if they can obtain more strength and power rather than allyship/comradery their curiousity would be purely out of self interest and not out of some sense of companionship, IE they will like you as long as you're strong enough to warrant their interest. tho that curiosity and formative experiences if they do travel with good aligned companions ofc if your DM allows looser homebrew rules in regards to alignment as opposed to straightjacketing characters from char creation thanks to their choice of alignment it would make sense to me that these experiences would change either the good aligned or evil aligned party members, living creatures are after all constantly changing and getting into conflicts over said change.

Link Copied to Clipboard