So? Who is people?

me

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
So? Who is people?

me

My my you have ascended to be multiple people but also a single person. Thats deep. I must contemplate this for couple hundred years. I will return with treats.

veteran
veteran
That's sounds like a great idea. It does sound like a lot of work though even if you are looking to create a bank of critical fail events

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I don't know how many of you here remember the old Rolemaster/Middle Earth Roleplaying RPG, but that was notorious for its extensive critical fail and critical success tables, including one where the PC tripped over an imaginary unseen dead turtle and was temporarily unable to attack. I must admit that I benefitted a few times from the critical results; one character defeated a major demon after the demon fumbled a spell roll and jellified its own bones. On another occasion I pierced a giant turtle's carotid artery with an arrow and it bled to death in two rounds.

Runequest 2e was also infamous for the critical failure results. The problem wasn't so much the result of the failure as the statistic behind them; during a 2 minute battle using Runequest 2e rules, of 1000 trained soldiers, around 50 would end up cutting off their own heads.

Critical tables (hit and miss) can be fun and colourful, but you need to get the frequency right.

Last edited by Sadurian; 04/12/20 06:52 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I don't know how many of you here remember the old Rolemaster/Middle Earth Roleplaying RPG, but that was notorious for its extensive critical fail and critical success tables, including one where the PC tripped over an imaginary unseen dead turtle and was temporarily unable to attack. I must admit that I benefitted a few times from the critical results; one character defeated a major demon after the demon fumbled a spell roll and jellified its own bones. On another occasion I pierced a giant turtle's carotid artery with an arrow and it bled to death in two rounds.

Runequest 2e was also infamous for the critical failure results. The problem wasn't so much the result of the failure as the statistic behind them; during a 2 minute battle using Runequest 2e rules, of 1000 trained soldiers, around 50 would end up cutting off their own heads.

Critical tables (hit and miss) can be fun and colourful, but you need to get the frequency right.

Rolemaster crit tables were amazing! My group used Arms Law and Claw Law in like, every RPG we played, no matter what the ruleset was.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
So? Who is people? That is a flimsy slippery slope that's not really saying anything. "People don't like being punished, so ya". See it means nothing. Saying abstract things does not make you have a point.

Me 2 . But you can't read this, you're gone for a couple of century.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
looks like the game have a fumble table, but only for monsters :P

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
K
stranger
stranger
K
It should be optional something like ironman difficulty so you can tick it on/off so this way it pleases both sides of camp those who just want to have fun and those who are seeking a challenge.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard