Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Overall I'm happy with the Patch 3. The fight with Priestess Gut is a lot more reasonable (i.e. it's feasible to kill her) but I've got a serious bone to pick.

We can't move barrels anymore? The best I've been able to do is drop one and hope it's in the right place.

This ties our hands tactically. With some bosses or hordes of goblins, a few barrels in the right place even the odds nicely.

So seriously, give us back the ability to move barrels.

veteran
veteran
I'll be curious to see how people respond to this but for this is a feature not a bug.

You can select pick up and you can drop and throw. But it's much harder to go DOS2 style of "pardon me I'm just going to put this dynamite next to your chair" thing.

old hand
old hand
No. There have been a lot more people complaining that barrelmancy was bad for the game than people who wanted the barrel situation to remain unchanged. And frankly it was ludicrous how many barrels we could carry and how far we could throw them. These aren't grenades, they're BARRELS full of stuff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

You can select pick up and you can drop and throw. But it's much harder to go DOS2 style of "pardon me I'm just going to put this dynamite next to your chair" thing.

Interesting choice. For someone without access to BG3 - is there mechanical difference (actually limiting what you can do) or is it just discouraging barrelomancy via tidium?

addict
addict
The issue I found before is being able to place a barrel about 15 feet away (high Str) without the enemies noticing :P

Throwing, on the other hand, triggers an impact and can be noticed. Which is more realistic.

You can still use it in your tactics, but making it more gritty or sensical is good.

nb : I have not tested the new patch, just going on what you all say here.

G
guy Offline
G
You can move it, it just all shows a X for some reason.

But you had to know that throw was going to be nerfed wink

veteran
veteran
I didn't notice any reactions to the barrel I threw. I tossed the smokpowder near the (goblin camp) zent trader and she kept pacing over the powder so adding 'noticing' would be an improvement.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I loved barrelmancy. Oh well.

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah I noticed that had changed! tried to move a bunch of oil barrels last night and ended up accidentally shooting arrows at them instead. Didn't end well! eek

Last edited by asheraa; 05/12/20 01:43 AM.
G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I didn't notice any reactions to the barrel I threw. I tossed the smokpowder near the (goblin camp) zent trader and she kept pacing over the powder so adding 'noticing' would be an improvement.

Agreed. Some mobs notice and react if I move things or try to iinteract... add a environmental awareness as well would be a nice feature

I noticed some changes moving any kind of objects, the trap maze in the ruins basically required me to zoom in hard to be able to move any of the vases there. Having said that, I still can pick up explosive barrels and send them to the camp, collecting them for the purpose of nuking some dragons, etc.

A
stranger
stranger
A
My only complaint with nerfing this is there is some traps which have vents that were designed with moving objects on them in mind if you spotted them with perception. Also moving crates to figure out ways to get up on things. You can still move items like before but it takes some work. You have to click on something lootable and while your character is en route, you then get a hand icon which allows you to click and drag another object like before. Seems broken or not fully fixed as intended.

Last edited by AmmoMonkey; 05/12/20 05:00 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Seleniumcodec; 05/12/20 06:27 AM. Reason: mistake

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
addict
addict
Uh. No.
DOS2 Larianized barrels are fine now.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by AmmoMonkey
My only complaint with nerfing this is there is some traps which have vents that were designed with moving objects on them in mind if you spotted them with perception. Also moving crates to figure out ways to get up on things. You can still move items like before but it takes some work. You have to click on something lootable and while your character is en route, you then get a hand icon which allows you to click and drag another object like before. Seems broken or not fully fixed as intended.

I haven't got that far but I used vases usually for vents.

journeyman
journeyman
Just did a trap room with heaps of vents, I can still move standard crates and vases over them.

Definitely not able to move the barrels of water/oil/firewine anymore though. That's consistently ending badly.

veteran
veteran
This is a good and appropriate improvement. Just even carrying a barrel of oil, let alone throwing it, should not be an easy thing. Apparently a lot of people have no idea what is a barrel and how big and heavy and bulky it is.

That said, the very presence of so many oil and powder barrels just lying around for anyone to take is itself a problem for me. The number of available barrels needs to be cut back, and those that are available should be harder to take and harder to use in the sense that people should notice what you are trying to do and react appropriately to it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
This is a good and appropriate improvement. Just even carrying a barrel of oil, let alone throwing it, should not be an easy thing. Apparently a lot of people have no idea what is a barrel and how big and heavy and bulky it is.

That said, the very presence of so many oil and powder barrels just lying around for anyone to take is itself a problem for me. The number of available barrels needs to be cut back, and those that are available should be harder to take and harder to use in the sense that people should notice what you are trying to do and react appropriately to it.

total agreement

It makes no sense to carry or throw barrels full of oil or water.

Rolling them may be fine though.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Rolling them may be fine though.

That would be so cool ! Love the visual idea of a barrel rolling, skipping a bit, more or less in the direction you wanted and breaking on impact.

( and yes Seleniumcodec maybe we could hide a Dwarf inside for a surprise attack )

Last edited by Baraz; 05/12/20 05:19 PM.
veteran
veteran
Surprize attack done right:
- The dwarf rolls there in a barrel
- The rogue sneaks there to backstab with a ballista*
- The half orc berserker throws the halfling at the enemy

* Sneak attack works with ranged or finesse weapons when you have advantage
Ballista is ranged weapon
hight is advantage
so everything is fine, but the half orc berserker has to push the ballista up the hill first.
Throwing the halfling from there gives also advantage plus surprize
I guess rolling down from a hill in a barrel counts also as advantage plus surprize

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard