Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Divine Star
Character Customization Expansion Patch. So that I don't have to rely on broken mods to actually make a tiefling that doesn't look like they're balding.

YES!! And long hair on masc characters please!! It's incredibly odd to me that the only way my male toons can have ass length hair is to dread it. Why are the hairstyles even gendered to begin with??

W
stranger
stranger
W
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would like to see lipstick being a makeup option, separate to the eye makeup.

journeyman
journeyman
OOh yes to the lipstick etc too!! I think the later ME games did an awesome job of genderless makeup and hair. I'd love something similar in this game, particularly since we seem to get getting regular closeup shots of our PC in dialogue and cutscenes.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I'd like to see a greater availability of heavy armor earlier on.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm with you on the armor... and equipable loot in general tbh. There's a LOT of loot to pick up, but very little of it is any different from what the toons are wearing from intro so it's all vendor fodder. I guess this is VERY early game so it's kind of like wanting gear upgrades at Fort Joy in DOS:2, so I have no doubt there will be more later. I guess it just feels odd playing for over 40 hours and not getting any upgrades other than a couple of necklaces and a weapon or two. Curious to see what gets added over the next few patches!

Unfortunately I accidentally killed of everyone in the Druid area so until I get into the cellar in the burning house I'm stuck storing everything at camp. No vendors left alive... OOPS!! ouch eek hahaha

Last edited by asheraa; 06/12/20 08:48 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Originally Posted by Eddiar
You can only pick one thing that you want improved, either a lacking feature or a completely new one.
Please avoid giving more than one idea, I think it's interesting to highlight the single most important thing you think an improvement is needed on.

Originally Posted by DanteYoda
The 20 sided dice to take a backseat and stop covering our screens with them..

Make Sazza and Nettie Companions..

Make Gnome and Barbarians playable

Add levels up to 6th like Solasta..

Remove DoS 2 stuff like height advantage and barrelmancy insanity..

Change spells skills and monsters back to default.

Disengage should be thief only or monster traits etc.

Add dodge.

lol

lol

(I love how this person gives their whole list of genuine wishes for the game and you just say "lol", it's so fuckin cold. You probably didn't actually laugh out loud, but I sure did.)

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
In the next patch please add the following:

More Voices: Please add some more voice options, especially a deeper, gruffer male voice. Playing a Dwarf with the current male voices just feels wrong.

Add Some Classes: Some additional classes would be nice. I am anxiously awaiting a Paladin personally.

New Companions: As I said I am anxiously awaiting the Paladin but the current companion selection would kill the RPG for me. Right now the only character a traditional Paladin would for sure adventure with is Gale. No Paladin would be caught with an vampire or an evil cleric, let alone someone that has allied with a Devil. Did the Illithid only kidnap evil people?

Fix Warlocks: Please either fix the class or remove it. Right now a Warlock is essentially a one trick pony.

I understand the the purpose of the EA is to do some hard testing of various core features of the game mechanics. (Okay also to get funding to finish the game but that is the nasty secret no one wants to discuss.) However if we are not having fun at playing many of us will drop off and you will get less data from the testing. I am not suggesting that you fill out the totality of voices you plan to bring or do all the classes or even all the companions. I am saying that adding just one or two new options will keep the player base engaged and will get you more data to work with to make the finished product even better.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Originally Posted by Eddiar
You can only pick one thing that you want improved, either a lacking feature or a completely new one.
Please avoid giving more than one idea, I think it's interesting to highlight the single most important thing you think an improvement is needed on.

Originally Posted by DanteYoda
The 20 sided dice to take a backseat and stop covering our screens with them..

Make Sazza and Nettie Companions..

Make Gnome and Barbarians playable

Add levels up to 6th like Solasta..

Remove DoS 2 stuff like height advantage and barrelmancy insanity..

Change spells skills and monsters back to default.

Disengage should be thief only or monster traits etc.

Add dodge.

lol

lol

(I love how this person gives their whole list of genuine wishes for the game and you just say "lol", it's so fuckin cold. You probably didn't actually laugh out loud, but I sure did.)

And make me cry as I just want to see what people value above all else when it comes to improving this game in their opinion.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Character Import/export from one game to another. From BG3 to BG3 not from the older games.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just want the AC HP situation sorted out so spells don't feel so much weaker than in TT.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I don't know if it's stated there but I would like to get more options to command your party so you can tell them to stop follow you, better pathfinding for your companions so they won't get stuck and just general bugfixing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Better voices for males as someone already mentioned. The main thing though, for me anyway, is body changes. It breaks my immersion to see Halsin as an elf flexing around camp. It also bothers me that fighters and probably barbarians would be the same size as a wizards and other pure spellcasters. Half casters I could understand but come on.

I could guess it has to do with mesh codes, but whatever. Let my martial classes actually look like they can fight in melee.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 07/12/20 09:17 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Better voices for males as someone already mentioned. The main thing though, for me anyway, is body changes. It breaks my immersion to see Halsin as an elf flexing around camp. It also bothers me that fighters and probably barbarians would be the same size as a wizards and other pure spellcasters. Half casters I could understand but come on.

I could guess it has to do with mesh codes, but whatever. Let my martial classes actually look like they can fight in melee.

Look at Githyanki as a warrior and you will see how stupidly he looks in armor.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kaptin

Yeah armor meshs are a pain to deal with. Personally I wont even bother with Githyanki. None baddass iconic hair and facial hair. So far none of the unique variations of Gith armor for males. The books have way better versions of Laezel's armor for males too. Even though they may not make it in, Githzarai have amazing cloths and armor. Githzarai would be the only way I'd consider playing a monk.

Female Gith benefit from the skinny look while the males suffer greatly. Gith have to be skinny, but I wish Larian would use that "creative freedom wiggle room" to help them out.

journeyman
journeyman
Multiclassing, more classes and customizable colours for clothing/armour. Wizards look just terrible in their robe.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kaptin

Yeah armor meshs are a pain to deal with. Personally I wont even bother with Githyanki. None baddass iconic hair and facial hair. So far none of the unique variations of Gith armor for males. The books have way better versions of Laezel's armor for males too. Even though they may not make it in, Githzarai have amazing cloths and armor. Githzarai would be the only way I'd consider playing a monk.

Female Gith benefit from the skinny look while the males suffer greatly. Gith have to be skinny, but I wish Larian would use that "creative freedom wiggle room" to help them out.

The problem is that gith should look both emaciated and athletic. Like... wiry and lean. So both have the "alien" physique (something I'm strongly pushing for, make non-humans look non-human) and look like they can swing that warhammer. Currently they are simply thin. They should also be taller than humans.

And I've said it before, but females look like princesses who couldn't lift a sword. Come on. This doesn't just go for githyanki, I think all "tall race" females share the model or at least it's extremely similar.

I'd love to see more awesome gith armour/clothing though. (If you feel like dropping some example pictures of gith armor/clothing/hairstyles by any chance, please do. :P )

enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem is they are athletic first and foremost and malnourished by the astral plane second. Instead they are basically skeletons with skin on the male side.

I'm feeling lazy. First page of "dnd 5e gith" under images on google. Has both official and fanart.

addict
addict
The problem is they are athletic first and foremost and malnourished by the astral plane second. Instead they are basically skeletons with skin on the male side.

I'm feeling lazy. First page of "dnd 5e gith" under images on google. Has both official and fanart.

Yeah, they certainly should have muscle on them. I wouldn't even say they're malnourished (since you don't need food on the Astral Plane), just naturally slender and appear emaciated to humans.

Hah, I hoped for obscure gith hairstyle pictures.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The way I understood it you need food based on what you are, as in species, however the astral plane is weird. Like the "corruption" effect of the nine hells, the astral plane is mostly a mystery but entropy and other human sciences are are....warped? Changed? Don't exist in some cases? I'm actually not sure. I know the general stuff but as a core concept I don't know. Time for some things like hunger halt, but time still moves on generally for other things. This discrepancy has side effects. Assuming you're in the astral plane physically and not projecting.

Hope I have that right. Not 100 on that.

When I first heard Gith were not only confirmed but was part of the main plot, I wanted to make a Gith barbarian pirate with my own astral ship to hunt Mindflayers and treasure hunt across the astral. Boy did that go south when I learned more about bg3 and Gith in general. Lol oh well.

I died a little when I saw the scene with Laezel describing "The Tears" and her creche.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Devil's Sight should allow a Warlock to see in magical darkness.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard