Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Spells like Shield and such things would be lovely. And booming blade! Yeah... stuff like that. Also, wizards should not be able to cast any spell from any class, as has been mentioned before.
I would love if they implemented a system like in Solasta for reactions, where you can choose if you want certain reactions as they present themselves in combat. Maybe slow down the action and a prompter comes up, like in Solasta? Also... many times reactions just don't trigger, does that have to do with character not standing close enough to enemies despite the fact that they should be in melee range? Maybe Larian needs to increase the reactivity radius or something?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Bump?

old hand
old hand
I agree. But I'm not sure that Larian is willing to go the full Solasta route, with the pop-ups for every possible reaction. I think they said they didn't like that.

L
addict
addict
L
My ideal would be having toggles like they currently do to set reactions as ‘active’, if they’re off or you’re out of resources you get no pop-up. If you can react, something pops up on your screen and you have three seconds to Y/N it before it disappears. You literally have you react to the reaction prompt or you lose it. That wouldn’t slow the game down much, if at all and would allow so many more reactions, like Absorb Elements, using Featherfall the way it is meant to etc

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
My ideal would be having toggles like they currently do to set reactions as ‘active’, if they’re off or you’re out of resources you get no pop-up. If you can react, something pops up on your screen and you have three seconds to Y/N it before it disappears. You literally have you react to the reaction prompt or you lose it. That wouldn’t slow the game down much, if at all and would allow so many more reactions, like Absorb Elements, using Featherfall the way it is meant to etc

Yeah exactly! Something like that would work fine! The prompter could show up, and time slows down while something is happening that you can react to, making it more like an action scene in slo-mo =)

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Originally Posted by LukasPrism

Yeah exactly! Something like that would work fine! The prompter could show up, and time slows down while something is happening that you can react to, making it more like an action scene in slo-mo =)

Exactly, and if they’re worried about it slowing down the game in co-op – I actually think it will be more fun, with everyone yelling at each other to do this or that. Could be really exciting smile

It’s not going to be like tabletop where you can literally sit there for minutes pondering over whether to burn a slot or not (DM willing).

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Spells like Shield and such things would be lovely. And booming blade! Yeah... stuff like that. Also, wizards should not be able to cast any spell from any class, as has been mentioned before.
I would love if they implemented a system like in Solasta for reactions, where you can choose if you want certain reactions as they present themselves in combat. Maybe slow down the action and a prompter comes up, like in Solasta? Also... many times reactions just don't trigger, does that have to do with character not standing close enough to enemies despite the fact that they should be in melee range? Maybe Larian needs to increase the reactivity radius or something?

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/91

Link Copied to Clipboard