Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
"The Dwarf is the real attack" (says the Dwarf).

Hmm, forgot we can throw teammates in this game ! Never tried it, but I know Larian told me it can be done.

nb: ah, half-orcs : they need some love. They are often among the last races added like in BG3_EA and Solasta_EA. They use to be pretty popular back in my days (AD&D).

Last edited by Baraz; 05/12/20 10:20 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
As I hated combat in DOS/2 I enjoy every move away from it.

But of course it's my own fault that I hoped this game would be D&D and not DOS/2, I could have assumed that Larian start with DOS/3 with D&D elements.
So, when they go more for D&D and reduce exploding ground, barrelmancy and maybe also reduce the height advantage, I'm okay with that.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I think the issue with barrel movement was the fact it could be done from range. Making you get close and stay close to the move spot, ie carry it, is a nice compromise. You should be able to use Mage Hand or Telekinesis to move from range to some extent.

We do not need barrel movement completely removed, just tweaked to make sense.

S
veteran
veteran
S
>carrying and throwing barrely makes no sense
none of you ever played a high str barbarian then have you?

note how all the people applauding this do so because they equate it with beeing "like DOS", which should tell you more than enaugh about how thought through their opinion is: not at all, its a kneejerk reaciton with no thought put into it, and as such it can be discounted.

Last edited by Sordak; 06/12/20 06:00 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Sordak
> its a kneejerk reaciton with no thought put into it, and as such it can be discounted.

I find that with a majority of this forum.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zentu
I think the issue with barrel movement was the fact it could be done from range. Making you get close and stay close to the move spot, ie carry it, is a nice compromise. You should be able to use Mage Hand or Telekinesis to move from range to some extent.

According to PnP rules, mage hand can only move 10 (weight unit, what is it, pounds?)
You can use it for pickpocket, moving light stuff, or flip switches and such stuff, but not for showing enemies or fighting.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zentu

Agreed.

And that's what we have. We have a compromise. If they had gone in my preferred direction the barrels would have been so heavy that only some with hill giant could throw one on their back and walk around. You can move a barrel left click, pick up, move yourself, drop it. It's just no longer there with a large flag saying "this is the way to resolve all conflicts" Which is an improvement.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak
>carrying and throwing barrely makes no sense
none of you ever played a high str barbarian then have you?

note how all the people applauding this do so because they equate it with beeing "like DOS", which should tell you more than enaugh about how thought through their opinion is: not at all, its a kneejerk reaciton with no thought put into it, and as such it can be discounted.

Well it's a very good thing you're not in charge of the game, and that the people who *are* in charge do understand the very reasonable points being made by critics and are refusing to "discount" them.

I'm sadden I can't eecorate my camp anymore with barrels and those "oil" containers on the nautiloid

old hand
old hand
I haven't got to camp yet, game keeps crashing since the update, but I was still able to pick up the oil containers. You have to right click on them to get this option.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
all you have to do is right click on the barrel, select pick up , and then you can throw it. or send it to camp(lol that feature need to go) for future use.
they removed the "barrel move" with click and drag cuz it was to ez to make mistake and kill your own party , just because you draged a barrel of 1 mm for 0.0000000001 sec by mistake

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 08/12/20 04:11 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard