Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I restarted a new game after installing patch 3. The farthest I got till now was the goblin camp.

So, I've already done the first episodes a couple of times, and was heading for Nettie in the sacred grove, moving through all familiar terrain and actions.
Then after entering inside the square where the ritual is ongoing, I wanted first to look for the poet, because I found this conversation amusing.
Then something happened, and because I was on autopilot, I don't know what I did to trigger it. Attention was suddenly ceased in an epic baatle without warning.
But now all the druids (and even their wolves) are dead, and also some thieflings like the smith, who I needed to sell my stuff. The goblin captive (forgot her name) is also dead, so that's another substory gone. I didn't even get to speak to Kagha or Rath or Nettie. Everyone was dead before I entered the druid's chambers.

I 'm really curious how this happened. I was there and didn't see what was the trigger. eek

Last edited by ldo58; 05/12/20 05:44 PM.
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
After looting all the corpses I have enough weapons and leather armour to equip a crusader army.
I found the corpses of Rath, Arron and Dammon and Zevlor and they had some interesting items on them.
Didn't find Kagha or Nettie's remains yet.
It's a strange twist. Can't say I like it very much.

Last edited by ldo58; 05/12/20 09:16 PM.
Probably a bug, or may be they managed to finish the ritual

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Probably a bug, or may be they managed to finish the ritual

I hadn't thought of that scenario, but it would explain why the druids suddenly attacked the tieflings and us. I could not choose sides. It was druids against everyone else.
But, that means one has to be realy quick then to avoid it.
I will continue this game for a while, as I'm still looking for the corpse of Khaga. (It was Gale that gave her the final spark, actually)
Then I may go back to a save before all this and try to pay more attention.
Among the corpses there was the guy that you save from the underground tunnel, and he got a crown to open the library door, I didn't need Nettie.
And from Rath's corpse I even got the wolf rune. So I got deeper down the cove than in any of my previous games..

Last edited by ldo58; 06/12/20 12:17 AM.
G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by ldo58
I restarted a new game after installing patch 3. The farthest I got till now was the goblin camp.

So, I've already done the first episodes a couple of times, and was heading for Nettie in the sacred grove, moving through all familiar terrain and actions.
Then after entering inside the square where the ritual is ongoing, I wanted first to look for the poet, because I found this conversation amusing.
Then something happened, and because I was on autopilot, I don't know what I did to trigger it. Attention was suddenly ceased in an epic baatle without warning.
But now all the druids (and even their wolves) are dead, and also some thieflings like the smith, who I needed to sell my stuff. The goblin captive (forgot her name) is also dead, so that's another substory gone. I didn't even get to speak to Kagha or Rath or Nettie. Everyone was dead before I entered the druid's chambers.

I 'm really curious how this happened. I was there and didn't see what was the trigger. eek

Can you load a autosave?
This sounds interesting

G
guy Offline
G
Thats sounds like what happens when you take the zevlor quest line, after talking to rath, to usurp kagha.
Usually ends in a fight. Only Rath joins your side.
Then it is EVERY druid versus you and tieflings

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm inclined to think it's a bug. I went back to a save just prior to the event and can't reproduce it.
I'm willing to provide the save a little bit before the fight, when I was already in the ceremoial place, and a save after the fight (and having looting the corpses), for study, but I don't know how I can upload them.

I can't find Kagha's body either. I know she died, because Gale had linked to her with his lightning bolt from quite a distance while she was in melee with a tiefling. And while she was thus occupied, she got a tickling from him every turn until she went down.

stranger
stranger
I know that if, after the horned asp kills the Tiefling child (Arabella?), you attack Kagha (and all the Druids in the Grotto, including Nettie) then when you emerge (expecting more combat) almost everyone is dead. Rath and Silver, his wolf companion, and one or two Tieflings manning the gate survived in my case. This was pre-patch 3.

Last edited by RTRome; 06/12/20 11:38 PM.
addict
addict
Could you accidentally click on Silvanus statue, when it happened?

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Zellin
Could you accidentally click on Silvanus statue, when it happened?

I tested that, going back to the save before the attack. If I climb up to steal the idol I get attacked by the druids in the square, but it is not at all similar to the big attack.

That happened in the hollow, by the way, so somehow the scene moved from the square with the statue to the paths in the hollow, adding to the chaos, confusion and pandemonium.
So, ptobably a bug.

I also tried stealing a potion lying next to one of the worshipers, but that was just the usual "put that down" reachion.

Originally Posted by ldo58

Honestly, that sounds like a bug that I would have liked to experience? I would miss Alfira, Apikusis and Nettie though.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”

Link Copied to Clipboard