Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Banned
Banned
S
The problem is not how much things the engine renders, because games with far larger environments and even more complex effects run fine on my rig. Not stellar but fine. DoS 2 ran excellently and this game isnt that much more complicated then that.
The problem - in my very limited understanding - is that the ram doesnt remove things that got into it and are not needed anymore. They just keep pilling on and stay in the ram. So even if you had a fog of war after a bit more time all the things that got rendered would pile up and cause the same effect. There are probably some other issues too but apart from noticing these slowdowns i cant offer anything else. The programmers in the team will know much better. This is an early version of the game, things are not running as well as they should - yet. Its a work in progress, more optimization will make it much better. And it would be very surprising if we had to wait a whole year or full release.
This is a standard issue in early builds.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Surface R
The main issue i have on my very decent rig is increasing stops and freezes, that happen more often the more i play. CPU gets about 80% - 90% usage, which isnt that strange. But my ram gets to 14,5 out of 16 Gigs.
Changing any of the graphic options doesnt seem to have any effect at all. From the looks and feel of it it seems that the ram gets clogged, and then moving the camera or rotating it causes these freeze - lags. Although technically it shouldnt because the whole area im playing in is loaded. Exiting the game and starting it again removes this effect for a short while, but then it just starts happening more and more again until you get a five - six seconds freeze every two seconds. Its worse in some locations but happens everywhere. Although not so much in smaller interior locations.

Would be very nice if the future patch or fix would atleast lower this effect.

I'm also having this popping up the further I get into playthroughs. I had similar issues with DA:I when it was released, except in that case it was totally unplayable past the first half hour or so of game.

In BG:III it starts off very smooth on ultimate settings, and after about 20 or so hours it starts to slow down. By the time I hit hour 28ish I was getting 20min in to each session and ending up watching a slide show rather than a smooth game. My machine is very decent so I'm surprised this is happening. I've reduced the graphics settings and that didn't make appreciable difference once it started strobing and stuttering so I doubt it's my kit that's the issue. Fortunately it's still playable for me, but I really wouldn't want it to get much worse.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by asheraa
Originally Posted by Surface R
The main issue i have on my very decent rig is increasing stops and freezes, that happen more often the more i play. CPU gets about 80% - 90% usage, which isnt that strange. But my ram gets to 14,5 out of 16 Gigs.
Changing any of the graphic options doesnt seem to have any effect at all. From the looks and feel of it it seems that the ram gets clogged, and then moving the camera or rotating it causes these freeze - lags. Although technically it shouldnt because the whole area im playing in is loaded. Exiting the game and starting it again removes this effect for a short while, but then it just starts happening more and more again until you get a five - six seconds freeze every two seconds. Its worse in some locations but happens everywhere. Although not so much in smaller interior locations.

Would be very nice if the future patch or fix would atleast lower this effect.

I'm also having this popping up the further I get into playthroughs. I had similar issues with DA:I when it was released, except in that case it was totally unplayable past the first half hour or so of game.

In BG:III it starts off very smooth on ultimate settings, and after about 20 or so hours it starts to slow down. By the time I hit hour 28ish I was getting 20min in to each session and ending up watching a slide show rather than a smooth game. My machine is very decent so I'm surprised this is happening. I've reduced the graphics settings and that didn't make appreciable difference once it started strobing and stuttering so I doubt it's my kit that's the issue. Fortunately it's still playable for me, but I really wouldn't want it to get much worse.

After my long campaign of terror in BG3 (7 hours of playing) i noticed near the end of my gaming that my fps from 144 went to 20 fps and I started to feel stuttering which is likely due to my ram starting to be full which is as surface said is with the game not cleaning your RAM with info it no longer needs.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Just wanted to say I'm very impressed with the game so far. This is exactly what I wanted in a Baldur's Gate game. Reminds me a lot of Dragon Age from BioWare and that's a really good thing to me

Also, gathering feedback through this forum during Early Access is a great idea

The only request I have is: more please! More great characters, more great conversations, more of everything smile

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I still have a system that runs windows XP...the appeal is the lack of bloatware.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
From what I can see the game is probably slated for release in about 2040 hope you all live long enough to see it.

stranger
stranger
Yo,Larin... Fix My Game! That latest update with the Barbarian Class is crashing my game. Im no game designer, so i shouldnt have to go in and fix my own game when i paid you good loot. Now i know its early access, but damn. Send out a patch or whatever it is you do AND FIX MY GAME, PLEASE.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hey is anyone else having a problem where they cant cycle through the tattoo or makeup options? PLEASE HELP :'(!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard