Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
There is the following situation: in dialogues, one character always speaks, and the rest are silent, and can only approve or disapprove. Very rarely there are situations where the companion starts to say something, for example, in the case of the cultist Loviavar Astarion reacts very actively. But in most cases, companions are quiet.

I propose to do the same as in Dragon Age Origin - if there is any important dialogue, party members can turn in and express their opinion. Sometimes this can even lead to the appearance of new answer options in the dialogues, sometimes it will be just a neutral comment, or a comment that explains why the companion approves or disapproves. This will make them more alive.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
We demand more sexy interjections.

Banned
Banned
I forgot which character "disapproved" of me getting Branded by Priestes Gutt.
But when I chose this character and had him/her be branded next, THE CHARACTER JUST OBLIEGED...!!

Lololo what the faaaaaaart?! laugh

E
E
I agree that characters should have a say. And even discuss among themselves. But I guess that accounting for party combinations os not easy.

stranger
stranger
woops I just posted the same thing in a new thread smirk

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I imagined this situation:
We meet a badly wounded NPC. He is bleeding!
The main character does not have the Medicine skill. And the companion has it.
Can he at least say, "I can help, this is my topic" and offer an optional dialogue option? I suspect that this NPC will simply die due to the fact that we did not switch to a companion and he will remain silent. Very uncomfortable

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Y
Y
Thank you sir! This is exactly a point I was going to address in a thread of my own.

Why when I have a group of 4 heroes coming up to some dialog. Only I ever speak? Its mind blowing nonsense. Conversations should be excitingly dynamic on who you bring in on to talk.

Your party comp should be able to address things as a group, or when one specific character has something to interject with. It should be a prompt that (insert name) "looks like he has something to say) or (insert name) "is beginning to lose his temper" or (insert name) "before you know it, (insert name) has drawn his blade"

old hand
old hand
This would be nice. Have an option with companion name similar to how we have race specific dialogue now, then if selected they would do whatever needed doing. More comments in cut scenes to allow companions to state their opinion would be great as well.

Y
Y
I hope that Larian is working to have companions talk more in more dialog portions of the game, or even just side talk more in dialog.

I just finished my first play thru and I do remember that there are certain parts where the companion composition would have a little back and forth, it was very cool to see that. Please Larian more of that, bring these companions alive smile not to just at the PC but at each other and in their world.

Last edited by YT-Yangbang; 10/12/20 08:24 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard