Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
apprentice
apprentice
Hotkey for jump

stranger
stranger
Bring DRUID + PALADIN + BARD into the game....

thios can't be a DnD game if I can't have barkskin, lay of hands or songs....

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well currently there are 3/7 of PHB (Players Handbook ) Cleric domains included.

My greatest improvement wish is that the rest of Players Handbook Cleric Domains:
Knowledge
Nature Domain
Tempest Domain
War Domain

will be included soon if not in next patch then perhaps the patch after that?

Anyway I believe it was said at some point (I could be mistaken) that all Cleric Domains from PHB will be included in this game.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 08/12/20 05:11 PM. Reason: Updated info correctly.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Assuming the other classes and "subclasses" are already coming...

Id say my #1 would definitely be a general combat mechanics tweak to bring itmore in line with d&d(...more importantly just more immersive/less lazy seeming), to include:

- disengage/jump rework, to make them more correct & seem less lazy... seperate them, non jump animation and make it its own action... seems im far from alone on this one.

- push rework, push is an attack and should require a standard action and an unarmed attack roll... unarmed attacks used to draw an AOO if not proficient at them... currently wholly out of step with anything d&d imo...

We have a ways to go until launch these are currently the biggest detractors for me that need fixing imo... mostly from an immersion breaking point of view...

Last edited by Llev; 08/12/20 07:17 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Llev

(snip)
- push rework, push is an attack and should require a standard action and an unarmed attack roll... unarmed attacks used to draw an AOO if not proficient at them... currently wholly out of step with anything d&d imo...

universal bonus action push should get a rework, as it currently negatively impacts a couple of feats, but I will point out that base 5e no longer 'charges' an AoO for non-proficient unarmed attacks, you're just much less effective without unarmed proficiency (flat 1 damage, iirc, plus possible STR mod depending on DM interpretation).

Overall, the nitpicker's 5e RAW Shove is a contested roll, your Athletics v. choice of Athletics or Acrobatics, so changing it to a special attack roll is something I support for QoL implementation in a video game. It'd be nice if it picked either unarmed or Shield depending on if you're using one, plus proficiency from unarmed/shield if you have it, but that level of complexity may be more trouble than it's worth to implement.

Experienced lurker. Generally don't say much.
In the venn diagram of BG fans, DOS fans, and 5e fans, I hit all three but lean 5e.
G
addict
addict
G
New classes and subclasses. EA is going to lose replay value if we don't have new party compositions.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Id probably prefer the unarmed attack... on hit, do your point of damage, then the one who was pushed gets their athletic/acrobat check to avoid being sent on a fantastic voyage...

I knew it was no longer an AOO in 5e, was just trying to highlight just how 180 degrees it has gone from prior precedent...

Last edited by Llev; 08/12/20 08:23 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard