Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#743085 08/12/20 12:37 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I wish we had more opportunities for friendship with our companions. Just like it was in Dragon Age Origin - there were unique gifts, personal quests, there was Leliana who sings her song, Stan who calls you his friend to the final if you showed yourself worthy. I would like this kind of content in the game.

In Baldurs Gate 3, you can do this much better than in Dragon Age, add the ability to perform feats for the sake of friends, for example, not betray them in situations where it can be beneficial. Actively help them solve their problems, show signs of attention, communicate with mutual trust, spend time together. But so that it was an optional option.
It should be for all heroes, not matter good, netural, evil. The principles of friendship are the same everywhere, it should always leave pleasant warm feelings.

It will improve both friendships and romances.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
Friendship, eh?

What have you done with OneManArmy?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Giving them gifts wouldn't be bad if gifts and reactions are more organic, like for example find good vine and give it to Astarion since he complained about poor taste of it at tiefling party or finding night orchids and asking SH about them with an option to pick a flower for her. I don't recall much about other companions but there has to be something they like as well.

E
E
Yeah, it makes sense that companions would appreciate specific giths or gestures. They could also include conversations were you get to know small things about them, not secrets, but things like "My favorite place in baldurs gate was the museum" or any other silly thing. Too much epic but no little details makes for cardboard characters.

veteran
veteran
Gifts are cancer ... at least the way they were done in Dragon Age ...
You totally betray someone, then give him 3 cakes ... and he adores you like you being jesus incarnated. -_-
Also you were able in DA to make litteraly everyone love you, and that seem a bit odd. :-/

I would like if there are gifts, but concidering Dragon Age as example, i hope they scrap generic gifts, and keep only that specials.
Like Shadowhearth is telling you what flower she like, if you can find it in the game, you can give her ... ONCE! That is perfect. To give her a ton of those flowers, and she totally forgives you that you are Githyanki, you allways agree with Lae'zel and you stole her artefact and give it to Githyanki partol ... that would be simply as stupid as it was in DA. -_-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
E
E
That could be codded to have different effects depending on the relationship. I mean, if a friend gives you a cake, you would like it. If you hate the person, you won't. The same gift, different effect depending context. That could be codded as: If relationship > 50 --> increase. If relationship < 50 do nothing. Or even reduce if the person is paranoid.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Gifts are cancer ... at least the way they were done in Dragon Age ...
You totally betray someone, then give him 3 cakes ... and he adores you like you being jesus incarnated. -_-
Also you were able in DA to make litteraly everyone love you, and that seem a bit odd. :-/

I would like if there are gifts, but concidering Dragon Age as example, i hope they scrap generic gifts, and keep only that specials.
Like Shadowhearth is telling you what flower she like, if you can find it in the game, you can give her ... ONCE! That is perfect. To give her a ton of those flowers, and she totally forgives you that you are Githyanki, you allways agree with Lae'zel and you stole her artefact and give it to Githyanki partol ... that would be simply as stupid as it was in DA. -_-

I agree completely, only unique gifts are needed. I think Shadow Heart is very similar to Leliana. Both talk about what flowers she likes, but in DA:O we can find this flower and give it, and in BG3 not.
Both love animals... by the way, the most "good" character in act 1 is the cleric of Shar Shadow Heart. I like it, but it's weird and needs an explanation

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Maybe we cant find it "yet" ...
Not every flower grows everywhere. smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Looks at topic title; loses will to live. D:

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I agree completely, only unique gifts are needed. I think Shadow Heart is very similar to Leliana. Both talk about what flowers she likes, but in DA:O we can find this flower and give it, and in BG3 not.
Both love animals... by the way, the most "good" character in act 1 is the cleric of Shar Shadow Heart. I like it, but it's weird and needs an explanation

Hmm. Actually I can see the parallels with Leliana, especially considering her background.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by vometia
Looks at topic title; loses will to live. D:

Hmm. Actually I can see the parallels with Leliana, especially considering her background.

I want to use friendship magic in order to defeat my enemies and achieve my goals, this is the most powerful form of magic.
Even Astarion, Laezel and Minthara can wield this magic. As long as we are friends, we are invincible!

Yes, the biographies of Leliana and Shadow Heart are also similar, the author of this character definitely played Dragon Age and Leliana was in his top. Too many references

old hand
old hand

I love Leliana and I love Shadowheart. They are both my favorite character in their respective games.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

I love Leliana and I love Shadowheart. They are both my favorite character in their respective games.

Fun Fact: I liked Leliana more than Morrigan.
[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
OH NO I AM BECOME ALL MONSTERS

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would say SH is a blend of Leliana and Morrigan, tasty... before patch.

(I liked more Morrigan :P but watched their cat fight on yt, worth my time)

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
OH NO I AM BECOME ALL MONSTERS

[Linked Image]

Fun Fact: The romantic scene with Shadow Heart is very kind and sweet. True magic of friendship. More of this is needed.

old hand
old hand

Fun Fact: The romantic scene with Shadow Heart is very kind and sweet. True magic of friendship. More of this is needed.

Agree! It's a very nice scene.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard