Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

Let me explain this :

In D:OS2 for instance you have a goddamn necklace which prevents you from using your powers, if You play in Multiplayer mode then only 1 char can take off it's necklace after you completed 1 specific quest... in act 1

In BG3 it seems like it's the Very same.

I played the game in multiplayer with my brother, and it felt like he was an NPC...

When I talked to NPC, he didn't have anything to say...

but sometimes after a sequence, our characters would talk but nothing would come out of this... Like this is pretty much useless as we're on discord when we play...

What's the point of having followers which folow you SOLELY because they have the same problem as you, and only refering to it when it comes to talking directly to them...

They have like nothing to say when I as the main character try to get rid of our common problem.

I feel like the NPCs are too laid back about this.

No one shows any remorse fear of what's comming next. And it's always MY character who gets butchered because of people who say they can help but only try to kill you in the end...

No NPC will try to interfere nor lever any thoughts about what I'm currently doing.

Approve or disapprove like they are dogs...

This is the nearly same system as in SWTOR but the problem is that in SWTOR the different characters players play are all siding for one or several answers when it comes to dialogues, so you never feel alone..

Here... I feel alone, and feel like the NPCs following you are only summons, they don't act like they are characters they act like dummies...

I hope you understand my broken frenglish...

thanks

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by AceVentura
Hello,
Let me explain this :
In D:OS2 for instance you have a goddamn necklace which prevents you from using your powers, if You play in Multiplayer mode then only 1 char can take off it's necklace after you completed 1 specific quest... in act 1

I can agree with DOS2 but no with BG3.
Lae'zel keep telling you that this is your number 1 thing to do - as fast as possible. "We need to go to my people"
Shadowhart also - "We need to find a healer"

If you have Astorian in your party and go through his story -you will understand why he doesn't want to get rid of it.
Gale have double the problems - but he told you at the start what is your number 1 quest, get rid of the tadpole.

Will, yea he also want get rid of it - rescue Mizura, and she will help us.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Asseronia
Hello,
Let me explain this :

Lae'zel keep telling you that this is your number 1 thing to do - as fast as possible. "We need to go to my people"

If you have Astorian in your party and go through his story -you will understand why he doesn't want to get rid of it.
Gale have double the problems - but he told you at the start what is your number 1 quest, get rid of the tadpole.

Maybe read the rest of OPs post before answering?
OP is right by the way. Whenever there is an attempt to get cured, companions act as if it's only PC, who needs it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Asseronia
Hello,
Let me explain this :

Maybe read the rest of OPs post before answering?
OP is right by the way. Whenever there is an attempt to get cured, companions act as if it's only PC, who needs it.

Oh - you are right! Sorry - I rushed with my answer.
But I will stick with my answer - OP has a point on that, but we still don't see the whole picture here.
Currently if we go against Will - he will leave our party - probably it will be the same thing with other companions, like if we decided to no go to Leazal crache, she will attack us or something like that.

I think that we are to early in the story for our companions to be fully responsive to our decision. We agreed to help each other with our tadpole problem - but the consequences of our decision is yet to be shown

Link Copied to Clipboard