journeyman
R
Wizards should not cast clerics spells.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I was really hoping this was a bug that would have been fixed.

I am really hoping it not a feature.

I am confused, it wasn't included in the patch notes but you expected it to be fixed anyway? Also, if you don't like it, don't have your characters do it. Someone else making Gale a healbot has no effect on your game. Personally, I agree that it shouldn't be there, but it is and it's really irrelevant so I don't need resources spent to "fix" it.

+1

#### suggestions trying to limit how other people may wish to play. Furthermore, what is the point of getting annoyed with wizards casting clerical spells when combat can be carried out with a backpack banquet at a whim and healing potions seem to fall from the sky and land indiscriminately over the land of Faerun?

That's what modding is for. Changing the rules.

"Don't do it if you don't like it" always comes up but it completely misses the point. Human brain doesn't work that way. It doesn't like to illogically make bad decisions when there are good decisions available. In this case making your Wizards more powerful or choosing not to. Self imposed restrictions within game rules feel very bad, like there's something wrong with the game.

D&D is very clear about dividing magic into Arcane and Divine sources and not mixing those up. It's not up to a house rule. Entire classes are based on that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
So what? Let my Wizard learn all the spells he wants, dammit! Be more flexible, people.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
So what? Let my Wizard learn all the spells he wants, dammit! Be more flexible, people.

Then you want a different game than Baldur's Gate (1, 2, or 3), one that is not based on Dungeons & Dragons of any edition.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard