Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
In terms of combat the stats are considerably better -- I can now use Shadowheart the way I tend to use clerics -- as a casters.

In terms of role play? SH seems smarter than 8. Minsc is an 8.

In terms of game play? We need something like a bull's strength spell or item. Only Lae'zel can get at that ruby now and I wants my precious.

Slightly OT but Shadowheart's spells should be changed to necrotic bolt and ebon flame. It's strange to see a cleric of darkness blasting enemies with the power of light.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Slightly OT but Shadowheart's spells should be changed to necrotic bolt and ebon flame. It's strange to see a cleric of darkness blasting enemies with the power of light.

Makes sense if she has a chance to be brainwashed selunite. Flarings looks bright to me. It would be hilarious after all her mockings about selune.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Why are they fiddling around with the stats like they don't know what they mean?

Astarion clearly has a higher charisma but lower wisdom. 8 Strength seems low too. Vampire spawns are physically strong. But this one is as weak as it gets.

Shadowheart is not dumb as a boot. Her dexterity increase went way over the top this time. She also doesn't seem *that* charismatic or leader-like, 10 or 12 Cha would be enough.

I don't care about min / maxing. I just want their stats to reflect their personalities and actual ability.

I dont see any justification for lowering Astarion's wisdom based on his displays of character. He is neither absentminded, nor a fool.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Evandir
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by Topgoon
the ability to multiclass into a Barbarian (haha)

Barbarian/rogue is awesome in 5e.

Yeah, it seems like a really cool combo. I think he was mostly just laughing at the idea of astarion as a barbarian lol.

100% this. Astarion's definitely the most posh companion IMO and picturing him as a raging barbarian made me chuckle. Barring a proper character arc, it does feel off to me though from a RP standpoint.

Mechanically, Barbarian/Rogue in 5e is indeed a strong combo. I don't know if it'll be as good in BG3 currently, since you don't really need Reckless Attack as much to gain advantage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Verte
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Makes sense if she has a chance to be brainwashed selunite. Flarings looks bright to me. It would be hilarious after all her mockings about selune.

True. Would be nice to have option to ask about that. So, why so many light spells 'Shadowheart'?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bruh
Why are they fiddling around with the stats like they don't know what they mean?

Astarion clearly has a higher charisma but lower wisdom. 8 Strength seems low too. Vampire spawns are physically strong. But this one is as weak as it gets.

Shadowheart is not dumb as a boot. Her dexterity increase went way over the top this time. She also doesn't seem *that* charismatic or leader-like, 10 or 12 Cha would be enough.

I don't care about min / maxing. I just want their stats to reflect their personalities and actual ability.

I dont see any justification for lowering Astarion's wisdom based on his displays of character. He is neither absentminded, nor a fool.

First time you meet him he threatens you with a dagger even if you have an alien warrior and a cleric in Shar armor standing next to you. The only reason he survives that encounter is basically Larian not offering a dialogue choice to kill him. He then sneaks up on you at night trying to suck your blood when your entire team is there in camp. He is a fool and I can see him being vulnerable to temptation.

B
Banned
Banned
B

First time you meet him he threatens you with a dagger even if you have an alien warrior and a cleric in Shar armor standing next to you. The only reason he survives that encounter is basically Larian not offering a dialogue choice to kill him. He then sneaks up on you at night trying to suck your blood when your entire team is there in camp. He is a fool and I can see him being vulnerable to temptation.

To be fair, the meeting scene is obviously Larian's fault, and yeah the camp scene is weird.

Originally Posted by Bruh
yeah the camp scene is weird.

"It is not what you think, I am a vampire" was the best thing in BG3 for me so far since throwable squirrel.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
"It is not what you think, I am a vampire" was the best thing in BG3 for me so far since throwable squirrel.

I still hold out hope for a "Oh, a strange man, come to my bedroll in the night! *sexy pose*, whatever could you be doing here, sir?" conversation option.

C
C
Still pretty sure the creators have not played much DnD given the builds of their characters

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard