#743340 08/12/20 06:20 PM
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image]

Hello everyone,

We have just released a hotfix for you!

With this hotfix we've addressed the issue with scrolling in your inventory, so you won't have to worry about not being able to see all your sweet, sweet loot. We've also fixed a crash related to re-arranging party members and a crash related to objects fading in and out.

Thank you for getting in touch with us about these issues! We appreciate you being with us on our journey through Early Access!

Changelist:
-fixed a crash related to objects fading in and out
-fixed a crash related to re-arranging party members
-fixed not being able to scroll in an inventory with a lot of items

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hot dang! Thank you peoples.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Wow.
Really appreciate you guys keeping on top of everything! Love this game!!
Cheers!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I needed to clear about 50gb of space on my PC to install this hotfix...

Yes, it's a small download (~80 MB), but it takes ages to install, here it has currently duplicated the whole installation, so it takes twice the space (GOG Galaxy)
-> 88 GB for the install and 80 GB for the temporary files o.O (and no patch notes)

Updating is really not the forte of the Larian/GOG combination. On the positive side, at least it wasn't a 60+ GB download, that's already a great progress!

EDIT: a great option would be to select on which drive those temp files are stored, SSD isn't cheap. If I could put that on HDD instead, that would help tremendously!

Last edited by Redglyph; 08/12/20 07:14 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually...15 minutes to unpack????? That does not seem right. Is it steam I wonder?

stranger
stranger
the update seems to be taking way too long time post download for a 51MB download

Originally Posted by Topper
Actually...15 minutes to unpack????? That does not seem right. Is it steam I wonder?

No, read above, it's the same for GOG.
I think they made it right from a download point of view, the patch only contains updates for some of the files, but they need to unpack / repack those huge .pak files, which takes time.
However, I'm still surprised they have to duplicate everything and require more than 80 GB for that. It's just a bad method, and that's why it's taking so much time, perhaps there were changes in all .pak archives.

A first good and obvious step would be splitting those huge .pak files! Then the update program should be able not to duplicate everything everytime (at least it could process one file at a time), and work with a temporary directory that can be relocated on another disk (I can't even imagine what people with an HDD must endure).

Those are easy mistakes when you work with smaller releases, in a company that isn't used to continuous delivery methods. But here...

Last edited by Redglyph; 09/12/20 11:25 AM.
Great ! Thank you, it is good to hear from you regularly, even if it is with a few news, it is a good spirit and we stay connected !

stranger
stranger
I can't update this hotfix from GOG it stucks at 92% for a century, please help solving this problem...I really should buy it on steam...
i even changed the temp file location to HDD which has 100G+ space, not it gags at 92%.
the name GAG is more proper than GOG i think.

The avatar was painted by myself
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by zevzev001
I can't update this hotfix from GOG it stucks at 92% for a century, please help solving this problem...I really should buy it on steam...
i even changed the temp file location to HDD which has 100G+ space, not it gags at 92%.

This happens every time I forget to close the BG3 Launcher while updating.

V
stranger
stranger
V
When are you going to fix the problem a lot of people are having with not being able to launch the game at all?!?!?!? There is a massive thread about it and lots of us are still having the issue...

You also fixed great weapon master!

I h

I have it on gog, works fine. Its on your end.

I PLAY ON STADIA!!

i would be willing to accept a cold fix just to be able to jump my character back up from the low cliff where I claimed the 1600 gold ruby? Right now and still the case for several days, I'm only able to target the areas underneath the landscape and thus my game is currently in a holding pattern.

Not to mention the sections of character creation that no longer function after Patch #3 blessed up with its many, varied bugs. Perhaps hotixing that might eke upwards on ye olde Larian priorities list??

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 11/12/20 01:20 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
Originally Posted by VeeKay
When are you going to fix the problem a lot of people are having with not being able to launch the game at all?!?!?!? There is a massive thread about it and lots of us are still having the issue...

This problem has been fixed a while ago. Well, maybe you're referring to another problem, but you're not giving any information so it's hard to know.

B
B

I used the GOG offline installer for the hotfix. Took ~ 5 minutes to install. No issues whatsoever.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Redglyph

This problem has been fixed a while ago. Well, maybe you're referring to another problem, but you're not giving any information so it's hard to know.

I go to launch the game from DX11, I get a black screen, and then it crashes back to the launcher. So, I guess it is not fixed. A couple other people posted as well, saying they have the same problem still. I have tried all the suggestions, making sure I don't have any virus protection on, updated my files, pressing shift-and number keys or whatever, launching directly from the .exe, etc... nothing works.

Originally Posted by Redglyph

I go to launch the game from DX11, I get a black screen, and then it crashes back to the launcher. So, I guess it is not fixed. A couple other people posted as well, saying they have the same problem still. I have tried all the suggestions, making sure I don't have any virus protection on, updated my files, pressing shift-and number keys or whatever, launching directly from the .exe, etc... nothing works.

But it works with the shift-click / as admin (eventually, after 5-10 attempts), right?
If not, it may be a completely different problem, and giving just a few symptoms won't allow anyone to help. Several people had this because they removed the swap disk, for example.

I suppose it's better to ask directly to the support at this point, with system specs, dxdiag and BG3 log files.
Though being in EA (*) means they probably won't answer (they never did in the forums). When I tried to contact them, with the problem above, I only got the generic answer after several attempts.

(*) arguably, looking at the website and how BG3 is advertised, the fact it's in EA isn't really standing out wink

Last edited by Redglyph; 12/12/20 10:38 AM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
And it seems there are no more perpetual rotting corpses after battles (i did the fight at the druid's lair entrance, went to rest, got back to the cove and there were no corpses in front of the gates. \m/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard