Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
B
Banned
Banned
B
I think we kinda need a classical paladin type (male, human, noble soul, Devotion Oath) in this game, because so far the party is very edgy, which is fine as long as there are some companions who are grounded.
I mean this game is practically screaming for someone who is just "normal"

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
A companion that is prostitute.

But we already have Astarion

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Abits

I am interested to see naked women and not naked men.

I have nothing against Astarion as a party member though.

You can have romance with at least possibly some of the characters I know....

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Bruh
I think we kinda need a classical paladin type (male, human, noble soul, Devotion Oath) in this game, because so far the party is very edgy, which is fine as long as there are some companions who are grounded.
I mean this game is practically screaming for someone who is just "normal"

First, they have released they less Good characters so far. They almost surely have at least one goody-two-shoes in stock.

Also, why human ? Why male ?

And I surely don't view a noble Paladin as normal. Even when they're not portrayed as narrow-minded and stupid, these people are not normal.

In some promotional material, one can see a Tiefling. Who looks like a Cleric though. I don't know if he's meant to be an Origins Character, or a custom PC. I wouldn't mind a Tiefling Paladin. There's a female Tiefling in the Druid Grove who sounds like she could be Paladin or Fighter (can't remember her name right now, she bets she won't make it alive to Baldur's Gate).

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn

Also, why human ? Why male ?

Because I want something classical. It doesn't get more classical then a handsome buff dude swinging a sword in the name of goodness and being real about it too.
So far everyone is very edgy, I need someone who is mellow, totally normal and exactly what I'd expect him to be, at least on the surface. Why? Because that will make all the other characters stand out, while still allowing you to have someone who is very relatable to you. We already have mrs. strong woman in our party, we also have secretive cleric chick, and they are fine, I love SH especially.
Now you could say that classics are boring, but I beg to differ. We need classics, and I never find paladins boring, or "narrow minded and stupid".
Also, it would be interesting to roleplay the classical knight striving to uphold his vows while his mind is being screwed with. (I expect all our companions will also be available origin characters.

A tiefling (female) paladin on the other hand would be just another edgy snowflake, a total subversion of the classical archetype. It has a right to exist, of course, I'm just already rolling my eyes, because it's obvious that some people can't come up with their own ideas and they have to subvert the classics and present them as if they were original.

In short: Classics are good, derivations of classics are usually not as good.
Plus as I said, out current party is already a freakshow as it is. Adding a single "normal" person isn't too much of an ask.

On top of that I also want a sweet and kinda innocent female companion with a hint of naivety. Any class except bard will do. Also make her pretty so elf/human.

Alternatively if people are offended by humans (lmao wtf) I could settle for a Dwarven male (mandatory) Paladin of Moradin too, because dwarves really never get proper representation and they are usually portrayed as dumb hotheads without any intellectual or spiritual qualities.

Last edited by Bruh; 09/12/20 04:29 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Sorcerer Friendly Mind Flayer, good alignment tiefling paladin who you would meet in the baldur gate city, female drow companion (someone who won't bitch about you like shadowheart does), Dragon pet, werewolf cursed ranger, duergar chaotic evil barbarian, dwarf fighter. multi class gnome who is artificier and rogue she would or he be amazed in charname tadpole and would join charname to study it and assist him in discovering more about it.

Last edited by Kaptin; 09/12/20 05:10 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
A grizzly old Fighter with good alignment and a classic LG Paladin.

Necromancy is just recycling...
old hand
old hand
I really need Minthara as a companion. I will also be glad to see a succubus, by the way, such a proposal has already been made before. I support him.

I also really like the idea of ​​the friendly Mind Flayer.

Kagha would be interesting too. For neutral.

And someone from the Aasimar race for a good pass.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
A
stranger
stranger
A
What I don't want to see: a 'comic' dwarf with a bad Scottish accent.

What I do want to see: a female character who is at least relatively normal, that is to say, not a psychopath.

S
addict
addict
S
I'm happy about the current roster of companions. They are interesting with unique personalities and great voice-acting. In terms of party function, all bases are accounted for with backup for most roles and this provides the player with more freedom to choose the class he or she really wants to rather than fill a hole. 3 more companions are apparently being added; a tiefling fighter (Karlach), a halfling werewolf bard (Helia), and a human/hamster ranger (Minsc+Boo).

I *much* prefer deeper characters rather than the shallow window dressing many advocate for inadvertently. Less is more in this regard as resources are not infinite. The only thing I miss, is a character who isn't going out of his/her way to be a disapproving edgelord, but both Helia and Minsc might fill that role somewhat.

Originally Posted by Abits

I am interested to see naked women and not naked men.

I have nothing against Astarion as a party member though.

You can have romance with at least possibly some of the characters I know....

Forget about it. Political correctness won't allow that sort of thing.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Seraphael
3 more companions are apparently being added; a tiefling fighter (Karlach), a halfling werewolf bard (Helia), and a human/hamster ranger (Minsc+Boo).

Wow. I may have missed some episodes : where is there an official source for that ? Because if there is, I'm excited to read about it. (Even though I'd be disappointed to read that Minsc will be one of the 8 OC.)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Wow. I may have missed some episodes : where is there an official source for that ? Because if there is, I'm excited to read about it.

Unmarked datamine spoilers. +1 on the point of disappointment.

Last edited by Uncle Lester; 10/12/20 06:20 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Excited for the werewolf, but it does a feel a bit contrived that we just happen to have both a vampire and a werewolf in the same party. Halfling bard reminds me of the girl in Pathfinder who I quite liked, so hopefully we have a nicer more enthusiastic girl alongside SH and Lae'zel; loving them both as I do, a counterbalance would be good.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by NorimizuRintarou
Excited for the werewolf, but it does a feel a bit contrived that we just happen to have both a vampire and a werewolf in the same party. Halfling bard reminds me of the girl in Pathfinder who I quite liked, so hopefully we have a nicer more enthusiastic girl alongside SH and Lae'zel; loving them both as I do, a counterbalance would be good.

Yeah the vampires and werewolves thing is kinda cringe. Also good lycanthropes tend to worship Selune so we know they are not gonna be friends with SH. Also... a f'cking bard... yay...
Why does the good aligned companion have to be a BARD? I hate bards. They are evil. It would make much more sense for one of the evil guys to be a bard.

Y
Y
I hope we have a companion thats just a starry eyed adventure. I dont really care for more deep trodden sob stories. Give us an excited and energetic (any class) companion thats just a chirpy to have for the journey.

And then kill him off when we least expect it. Oh the famed tragedy it'll be.

veteran
veteran
Even if the datamining sourced "companions" turn out to be correct, that still means we don't have enough good-aligned and likeable companions to form a party. For me, my party of good-aligned a likeable companions would be limited to ... Minsc? That would be the worst.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bring back Korgan Bloodaxe or similar. Not a romantic interest, just a blood thirsty head remover. I’ll take an evil goblin too. Make Gale an evil backstabber, it’ll make him a little less a my lil pony type.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jeffreedammit
Bring back Korgan Bloodaxe or similar. Not a romantic interest, just a blood thirsty head remover.

Yeah. Tbh I'd just like companions without traumatic backstories and emotional issues. Be it unapologetically evil head remover, a Chaotic Neutral weirdo or Such A Cool Guy(TM).

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yes we have enough companions with tragic back stories. Could use a companion that gives some comic relief and no Volo is not funny or entertaining and I’m not sure why I haven’t tried to kill him yet. Is he killable?

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by Jeffreedammit
a companion that gives some comic relief

Please for the love of all that is good, no.

Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard