Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Anyone else interested in accepting all kinds of hellish deals right off the bat?

A pity this is not an option just for the lols. Cause I would want to see it.
Of course of course grin we know our own characters would probably not think like that. wink
But give us at least the dialogue and have Raphy say something like

" Hmmmmmmm, no~! Not yet. Where is the fun if I know your despair isn't real yet? "

I dunno if Raphael is an official 'Harvester Devil' ( https://gamelore.fandom.com/wiki/Falxugon )
with license and everything grin
or if he is just a wierd Cambion with a pretty unique plan and agenda?

But I find it a little sad that we cannot tease him back a little. ;->
Or do we just tease, are we not meaning it after all?
What would happen if we can actually go through with it?

" Your party has been defeated. " (?)
Cause now we are nothing but soul coins?
A pity though we cannot make him have "a little Hope", he he he.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Raphael's character makes no sense to me. He clearly wants a deal but refuses to give you one when you ask for it.
Why? Is it just unfinished writing? I hope so.

Banned
OP Offline
Banned
This game is still very young and yeah without a doubt this "Game Over" option is not in the game yet.
I tried to jump into the Styx as well during the wild Avernus chase.
Totally crazy if you think about it!! LoL

It is just not the story of this game. Sadly. grin

old hand
old hand
Considering that we can die from making stupid decisions early on (don't talk to injured mind flayers smile ) , I think it would be awesome if we could do something like this.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Yeah, I found this part with Raphael completely boring in the end. Cause no matter whether you are willing to accept or not, it doesn't change anything.

They put the sequence in a trailer. So it might have been a hint this encounter was just a promotional sequence for the game, with nothing relevant at all for you.

Last edited by Nyanko; 09/12/20 10:03 PM.
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Originally Posted by Zarna
Considering that we can die from making stupid decisions early on (don't talk to injured mind flayers smile

Ah come that was so sexy to have our brainfluids sucked out by the monstrous tentacle kiss of death. (LoL)
Yeah he got me too on my first run. And he was so stronk(!!) he finished all others off as well.

Originally Posted by Nyanko
Yeah, I found this part with Raphael completely boring in the end. Cause no matter whether you are willing to accept or not, it doesn't change anything.
They put the sequence in a trailer.
So it might have been a hint this encounter was just a promotional sequence for the game, with nothing relevant at all for you.

Absolutely. But even so this devilish Comedian will surely not ask so much more patiently at one point.
If he see's his catch wriggle into what might be true freedom, he might act with much more aggression at some point.
He does not strike me as someone who would let us get away.

And when he notices we might not need him, he might even try to force us somehow to accept his "help".

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I wonder how this Raphael deal works for Fiend Warlocks ...
Didnt we allready kinda forsworn our soul to someone else? :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
My expectation is that the stasis is so strong that he actually can't, and this is just establishing a psychological advantage over you.

Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I understand the Fiend deals like this.
" I gimme you cool ability & sh*t. Your soul is mine after death. No refund. Deal? "

Which means as long as the Mortal lives, of course his soul is already bought but was not delievered yet.
And if the customer dies before it gets delievered by the Mortals own expiration date, there won't be a delievery.

Raphael might just seal the deal, which means two open auctions for our soul, and then he just goes and off's that other Devil so that he alone is still bidding for it.
Devils are not a team. Not truly. Only when they need to.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Your understanding of fiend deals is not quite full.
A pact can even be signed with all the benefits and no downsides.
I read for example a backstory where PC's father, a powerful Warlock himself, summoned and imprisoned a fiend, forcing it to sign a pact with you.
https://www.google.com/search?q=warlock+fiend+pact+backstory

Anyway, this is not an open world game. Larian wants to tell you a story and just like in DOS2 it will have a few endings, but I wouldn't expect real impactful decisions behind most encounters.
If you manage not to kill certain NPCs you are very likely to see them again in Baldur's Gate, but will it have a big impact on the story itself?

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu

I understand the Fiend deals like this.
" I gimme you cool ability & sh*t. Your soul is mine after death. No refund. Deal? "

Which means as long as the Mortal lives, of course his soul is already bought but was not delievered yet.
And if the customer dies before it gets delievered by the Mortals own expiration date, there won't be a delievery.

Raphael might just seal the deal, which means two open auctions for our soul, and then he just goes and off's that other Devil so that he alone is still bidding for it.
Devils are not a team. Not truly. Only when they need to.

That kinda corelate with as i understanded it ...
I just wonder if your fiend patron shouldnt see you to be like "You wanted to screw me? No Eldrich Blast for you anymore, sucker!"

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/12/20 10:20 AM.

Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Originally Posted by mg666

I read for example a backstory where PC's father, a powerful Warlock himself, summoned and imprisoned a fiend, forcing it to sign a pact with you.
https://www.google.com/search?q=warlock+fiend+pact+backstory

Is that canon? Sounds like one of those ultra homebrew D&D things to me - where the DM has more to say than even Lord AO himself/itself.
Talking about this guy: The Single Strongest God Of All Time In D&D

Meanwhile in a Bunker spacestation
orbiting our planet...

[Linked Image]

That kinda corelate with as i understanded it ...
I just wonder if your fiend patron shouldnt see you to be like "You wanted to screw me? No Eldrich Blast for you anymore, sucker!"

Hm~ some of the spells that Warlocks can use, can also be used by Wizards.
I wonder if once the Mortal has unlocked the inner understanding and intuition for a form of spell, this spell might be forever unleashable as long as the Mortal still has a spell slot left?

Devils getting angry about a Mortal trying to wriggle himself out of paying the due? wink
Differences are open to the individual I guess but I expect a veteran Devil more to be amused and maybe even "charmed" by the attempt of his/her Mortal trying to cheat.
They are high representatives of lies and trickery after all.

A Devil being tricked by a Mortal is probably a laughingstock at least for some while.
" Oh look that Devil over there was screwed over by his Mortal in a pact. "
" Really? Woooow what a lo~ser! Ha ha ha! "

The smart Devil should anticipate and expect a possible betrayal. It is the Devils own responsibility to make his/her pact foolproof I think. Without an easy way out.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
This starts to remind be Disenchantment show ...
Where little devil rescued his friends from hell, just to betray them to get promotion and become bigger, to be actualy able to fly with them and rescue them for real. O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/12/20 11:18 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard