Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
enthusiast
enthusiast
Many mods from the regular modding sites usually come with installation instructions. Have you tried checking those?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bukke
Many mods from the regular modding sites usually come with installation instructions. Have you tried checking those?

This. Because mods are not officially supported at this point, it is very important to read the mod's readme file because it is not very straightforward process at the moment

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
E
E
For everyone who was waiting for a paladin class to appear, there is a mod at last on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/122?tab=description

Datamining has shown an unsatisfactory level of writing for specific paladin dialog as it is now (not much thought given, generic, too shallow for me), but still, I would be happy to try this one after most of the current bugs would be fixed.

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Abits

This. Because mods are not officially supported at this point, it is very important to read the mod's readme file because it is not very straightforward process at the moment

I should add this to my to-do list. Modding will be supported and the forums exist (which I know for certain as I created them, in case anyone needs confirmation) but are just waiting to be green-lighted. Which isn't my decision and is on hold as long as the EA feedback is prioritised. But just throwing that out there so it's known to be a thing.

But in the meantime I should probably collate some information about the how, why, why not and so on. People want to know how to install stuff and should know the consequences of doing so.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Related to the subject of support for modding, as of Patch 3 most/all mods happen to be broken. Seems like a few of the mods can still be made to work through injecting into Shared.pak but it might be an example for how the interfaces and requirements for mods might change during EA/development. I assume that Larian has other concerns at this point that needs their focus but totally expect them to support modding on the long run, the foundation is definitely there and they are great!

Originally Posted by darkcharl
Related to the subject of support for modding, as of Patch 3 most/all mods happen to be broken. Seems like a few of the mods can still be made to work through injecting into Shared.pak but it might be an example for how the interfaces and requirements for mods might change during EA/development. I assume that Larian has other concerns at this point that needs their focus but totally expect them to support modding on the long run, the foundation is definitely there and they are great!

Yes i came here to ask why myself, were we having too much fun? I've all but lost interest in BG3 now the modding scene is gone.

I'm sure it'll be back over time though i guess i'll wait to play until its fixed.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 03/12/20 11:59 PM.
Loose Mod files seem to work no problem, its the handling of .pak files, even when the .pak file does nothing lol

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Abits

I should add this to my to-do list. Modding will be supported and the forums exist (which I know for certain as I created them, in case anyone needs confirmation) but are just waiting to be green-lighted. Which isn't my decision and is on hold as long as the EA feedback is prioritised. But just throwing that out there so it's known to be a thing.

But in the meantime I should probably collate some information about the how, why, why not and so on. People want to know how to install stuff and should know the consequences of doing so.

We just don't know the extent sadly. Hope the DOS2 shortcomings are fixed

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
A particular problem is anything that modifies XML files: either the modded version containing out of date info will be loaded or the new one will be prioritised which doesn't include the modded stuff (I don't know in enough detail how the game decides which to load) so the changes added by the mod need to be re-merged. I just did mine using context diffs which went smoothly enough (well, ish: one of them needed to be done manually) but until anything that makes similar changes is updated it won't work...

J'aime le fromage.
A
stranger
stranger
A

Originally Posted by JesusDied
It is possible and very easy to do (figured out how to do these things for myself). However, the issue is that you will have human ears, which elves and tieflings don't have. So it would look weird. Elven faces for tieflings are much better options since they both have pointy ears so it won't look off when you have elven heads for tieflings.
I would share my file, but since the mod isn't originally mine, I can't do it. Here is the tutorial if you wish on how to do those things yourself (hopefully, it is easy to follow):
[Linked Image]

Edit: Fixed a few grammar mistakes.

So I go to my Baldur's Gate 3 directory (under steamapps) and I get as far as data. There are none of the subsequent files after data. Also, I can't open most of the pak files and, the ones I can open, are in a script that I can't read at all. I've spent so much time trying to figure it out on my own.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to get the female, half-elf head 2 as an available head option for the Tiefling race.

veteran
veteran
I don't get the mod to work. I put the files in Data but nothing happens. Can someone help?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
It's a bit tricky to get it to work right now after the patch. I've somehow made it and this is my recipe using Vortex:

- install both improved UI and enhancer through Vortex
- install ModFixer per instructions (not through Vortex- although to be honest I unpacked with Vortex and then deactivated, should work both ways though)
- in Vortex arrange mod order for the profile you're playing 1st being UI then enhancer, ModFixer has to be unticked in there
- do not mess with ModSettings file

For me that works very well (not using multiplayer though), so hope that helps someone. I've also tried the "old way" by manually unpacking but that didn't work at all.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Azarielle
It's a bit tricky to get it to work right now after the patch. I've somehow made it and this is my recipe using Vortex:

- install ModFixer per instructions (not through Vortex- although to be honest I unpacked with Vortex and then deactivated, should work both ways though)
- in Vortex arrange mod order for the profile you're playing 1st being UI then enhancer, ModFixer has to be unticked in there

For me that works very well (not using multiplayer though), so hope that helps someone. I've also tried the "old way" by manually unpacking but that didn't work at all.

Thank you. I'm pretty new to the game, so I have to see, if I can manage to do that. I had trouble finding Vortex until I realised, that this is not a BG3 specific mod. Now I have to hunt down the rest. smile

Edit: ok, I have everything, but it's not working. I have no idea, if the Vortex thingy is working correctly. Can I maybe get a bit more detailed infos? I must be doing something wrong here. I have installed the Enhancer and the Improved UI via Vortex and the ModFIxer manually in Documents-Larian-BG3-Mods - nothing happens.

Edit again: It somehow works now, I just closed Vortex and opened it again - really strange. But thatnks again for the help,

Last edited by fylimar; 15/12/20 03:31 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Azarielle

Thank you. I'm pretty new to the game, so I have to see, if I can manage to do that. I had trouble finding Vortex until I realised, that this is not a BG3 specific mod. Now I have to hunt down the rest. smile

Edit: ok, I have everything, but it's not working. I have no idea, if the Vortex thingy is working correctly. Can I maybe get a bit more detailed infos? I must be doing something wrong here. I have installed the Enhancer and the Improved UI via Vortex and the ModFIxer manually in Documents-Larian-BG3-Mods - nothing happens.

Edit again: It somehow works now, I just closed Vortex and opened it again - really strange. But thatnks again for the help,

If it stops working again, I suggest checking your modsettings file. Sometimes, launching the game wipes it. No idea why it does that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia

An official modding forum would for sure breathe some life into the EA I think. Just to get an idea of what kind of assets and art stuff people might be able to create for it eventually. Might distill around what people still want vs what we think might coming down the pike? Looking at Nexus is actually kind of encouraging for me, and might be to others too for positive feedback loops and all. I don't tend to download mods for games until someone manages to aggregate stuff into larger bundles, and doing while the game is still being built feels a bit odd, but would be cool to see what people get up to if there was a forum. I felt like BG helped to build nascent design and art making communities back in the day, just with Portraits and Voice sets and Weidu, so it would be cool to see Larian do something in a similar spirit

Last edited by Black_Elk; 24/12/20 04:04 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
is it possible that this folder is hidden? i get the the Data folder, then don't see ...Public/Shared/CharacterCreation

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AlanaSP
if people want all options unlocked for all races that i can do that or anything in particular request let me know, i did do some head swaps too but due to the body being slightly different it requires some additional tweaking to fix seems. cross gendered hair swaps will also need tweaking due to the position of the hair as the male character model is taller.

Thanks for the great mod and I plan on trying it out as well. Can't wait for Larian to sanction mods even though we are in early access maybe it will give them some more ideas. As for myself not ready to start a new PC due to the fact with my luck I'll start one and they'll have a big update which will render my games useless. Now if I knew we weren't having an update this month I would go forward with a new game

D
stranger
stranger
D
AlanaSP's mods are beautiful.

I signed up for premium on Nexus, installed Vortex and from NexusMods.com, installed and deployed IMPROVED UI - PATCH 11, CUSTOMIZER - MAIN and CUSTOMIZER - INFERNAL EYES ADDON in this order to my game profile on Vortex, and when I select a new campaign it looks like this.

https://ibb.co/pZv3MbN

https://ibb.co/7vpTvVQ

Some weeks ago Larian chided us for going vanilla with our MC appearances choices. Well darlings, your options are not as good as AnalaSP's. People like me who can't figure out what files to manually modify, let alone locate the right files to modify, will continue showing vanilla choices in your analytics.

At this point I probably have to save my saved games, uninstall and reinstall everything.

#750457 10/01/21 03:57 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Hi - I'm trying to mod hair meshes in BG3 and have scoured the forums for how to find the files and import/export, etc. If anyone is willing to help - i've been to https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib - and found Norbytes tools (which i think puts me on the right track) but I can't find a guide or steps on how to use them to export the meshes from the game to blender - mod them and put them back. I find A LOT of piecemeal info, but nothing that i've come across tells you step by step what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by Roxeus
OMG sos la creadora D;!! no podes hacer un video como instalarlo me marea mucho la de nexus ;C es que lo coloco creo como dice readme pero nunca lo acepta :c donde va exactamente ?

Oh, quería escribir una guía sobre cómo instalar estos mods.

Básicamente, toma la información del "readme" y la pega (o vuelve a escribir) en el archivo "modsettings.lsx".

Ese archivo está en el directorio Baldur's gate 3 / PlayProfile / <su perfil> /modsettings.lsx

El archivo <mod> .pak va en el directorio Baldur's gate 3 / Mods / <drop here>

Aquí hay una captura de pantalla de mi archivo:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard