Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
V
The first time Gale talked to me about his condition was about the Idol of Sylvanus in the Grove. I turned him down since I didn't want to piss off the druids.

Now I have the Staff of Crones and Amulet of Selune's Chosen. I thought both would help him. I'm not getting any dialogue options to give them to him. Tried talking to him in camp. Am I supposed to wait until he brings it up again? Haven't tried having him in my party and talking to him while exploring. Or maybe it's a bug?

In my play through, if he already brought up his condition, then in future dialog there should a line like "I think I have item you are interested ..."

V
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
V
Thanks

Maybe I have a glitch or something. Going to start over anyway with new patch when it comes out.

addict
addict
He will ask again. and again. and again.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Veilburner
The first time Gale talked to me about his condition was about the Idol of Sylvanus in the Grove. I turned him down since I didn't want to piss off the druids.

Now I have the Staff of Crones and Amulet of Selune's Chosen. I thought both would help him. I'm not getting any dialogue options to give them to him. Tried talking to him in camp. Am I supposed to wait until he brings it up again? Haven't tried having him in my party and talking to him while exploring. Or maybe it's a bug?

I hit that same bug; he wanted the selune's amulet and then once he consumed it he asked for it again, eventually he would take the sword of justice but has never taken the other weapons from the like the hammer and mace that are also blue. sorry can't remember the names right now.

The bug crew can have a look at your file and see what's up.
Cheers

crusty 61 lifetime gamer. Have some understanding of the building of games, really admire the artistry.
enthusiast
enthusiast
In EA there's no exigency. Giving him nothing or giving him everything he can eat makes no difference in any way.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yea I never give him anything. In fact he's so annoying about it in most playthroughs I never even trigger his first appearance by using that waypoint. That way I never have to deal with him. But that would be the friggin day I would ever give him the sword of justice lol. Not happening.

veteran
veteran
In the quest log is a list of items he want, once you get his quest and find this item.

As far as I remember: (played in german so I do not know the english name)
- quarterstaff from the hag
- amulet of selune
- idol of silvanus ??? ( I only had an idol of selune in my inventory, not sure what this should be)
- sword of justice
- the bottle with the spectator ( he wanted this before I opened the chest so it was a spoiler, kind of. I wonder what would happen if we give it to him without opening the chest and then giving the unopened chest away for the quest.)
- the hood that makes invisible

This is all I remember, there could be more. But he has a limited list of unique artifacts that he wants. He does not take every blue or better item.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
enthusiast
what happens if we don't give him the magic items to consume? Does he grow 3 heads or what?

Originally Posted by Madscientist

This is all I remember, there could be more. But he has a limited list of unique artifacts that he wants. He does not take every blue or better item.

The real question is how many of those items you need to feed him to keep him happy or at least to keep him from exploding. He can certainly have the spectator snack, Idol of Silvanus you can probably steal after all is done in the grove with minor consequences, other stuff is kinda useful and I don't want to feed it to some hungry wizard.

Link Copied to Clipboard