Next Thread
Print Thread
#744672 14/12/20 07:08 PM
R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Go to the entrance to the covered part of the druids' grove, next to the cart. Look out over the druids' grove where the idol is. Look at the top of the columns. There is a Shiny Chest there. How do you get it (without breaking it)? So far I have tried:

---Jumping (requires a Jump spell). Fail: The top of the column is not large enough.
---Jumping to the crossbeam below the chest. Fail: Not close enough to the chest.
---Shooting the chest with arrows/spells (but see below). Fail: Does not move the chest.
---Shooting the chest with an Arrow of Roaring Thunder. Fail: Knocks the chest off, but the fall damage alone is enough to break it (and annoy many druids).
---Shooting the chest with an Arrow of Roaring Thunder, aiming for the closest crossbeam. Fail: Technically possible - I found some angles that will supposedly work, but when I fire the arrow, the chest goes somewhere other than the trajectory shows.

enthusiast
enthusiast
mage hand? or misty step

Last edited by Verte; 14/12/20 07:24 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yea I misty stepped to it. As I recall there's wasn't any great prize inside or anything. Couldn't have been that memorable, otherwise I'd remember what I got.

Misty step, it had a placeholder blank "Mage Scroll" I think.

Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 14/12/20 09:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin

Almost as exciting as the ending at the twisted tree where you fight them two wood woads and all those recurring mephits that by the time the battle ended you used up all your healing spells, healing potions, and reivivy and what reward do you get a powerful sword, gold, Jewels no you get nothing, Nada, zip not even a gold piece. I'm avoiding this battle from now on think.

veteran
veteran
I get it a rather simple way:

Throw the Halfling.

This is an excellent solution to a great many distance and reach problems, and is a D&D tradition reaching back many generations.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin

Almost as exciting as the ending at the twisted tree where you fight them two wood woads and all those recurring mephits that by the time the battle ended you used up all your healing spells, healing potions, and reivivy and what reward do you get a powerful sword, gold, Jewels no you get nothing, Nada, zip not even a gold piece. I'm avoiding this battle from now on think.

There is part of a quest on that island. I won't say more if you haven't found what I'm talking about but there is a reason to go there.
Also if you don't know kill the 4 Ancient Mephits to stop them from summoning more Mud Mephits. Only the Ancients can summon more and you should target them first.

Just opened again. After patch 3 the chest contains an Onyx and 50 GP. Have never tested it but I think the shiny key in the blue jays nest opens this (It can be easily lock picked).

Link Copied to Clipboard