Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I have a great idea.

Why doesn't Larian host a cosplay contest, make an official thread on this forum? Fan art competition? Fanfiction contest? This would be a great incentive for many to do cosplay and drawings, or write something that the game writers will be interested in reading.

It:
1. Will stimulate interest and attention to the game
2. Cheap advertising. I think people would even fight for autographed merch from developers or steam game copy as an incentive prize (for example)
3. Interaction with the community
4. It will be very pleasant for ordinary players and fans who need more content and inspiration
5. Perhaps Larian will also be inspired
6. An opportunity for talented people to show themselves and their work to the world

Many different categories could be done. For each character separately.
All users who would have registered on the forum before the start of the competition or had 100+ posts would have the right to vote.
You also can attract famous YouTube and Instagram cosplayers to advertise this competition to inform their audience, also community geek, game channels.. Now there is a pandemic, bloggers are happy with any orders.

Please please please. Don't have an SMM manager for this project? Ok, I can help, why not.

If you want this, write in the topic! The more answers, the more chances that Larian will help us conduct this competition.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Sounds like a cool idea. I have 0 artistic talent, but I appreciate people that do.

old hand
old hand
we demand more sexy cosplayers?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
we demand more sexy cosplayers?

it would be strange to demand non-sexy cosplayers, any beautiful cosplay is sexy by default

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, it could be auntie Ethel cosplay. Sexiness over the roof.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
Well, it could be auntie Ethel cosplay. Sexiness over the roof.

It would be interesting and unusual, I would look at such a cosplay. Monsters can be scary but cute too.

Love this idea!!!! I wanna see some ert and cosplay! kiss

Question though does cosplaying and drawing your own character count? Or is it strictly origin? smile

old hand
old hand
oh no, I am become all costumes

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by A Clown
Love this idea!!!! I wanna see some ert and cosplay! kiss

Question though does cosplaying and drawing your own character count? Or is it strictly origin? smile

I think we can make a separate category for custom characters - if it's really something to do with Baldurs Gate, and not just "elf cosplay". But do not focus on this. The game has a lot of interesting canon characters for drawing and cosplay.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I think Astarion needs a lot of prizes especially, it will be fair since there are too many of his fans.
Or not? To motivate other characters to draw too?

It will also be good if the SMM manager checks the work of the participants through a picture search in Google, so that no one can pass off someone else's work as their own

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think Astarion needs a lot of prizes especially, it will be fair since there are too many of his fans.
Or not? To motivate other characters to draw too?

It will also be good if the SMM manager checks the work of the participants through a picture search in Google, so that no one can pass off someone else's work as their own

will admit most of my fanart is astarion! But I drew him as a clown too so that's a bonus right?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Theoretically, I could arrange a competition at my own expense by purchasing 20 game licenses and agreeing with the administration of the forum. But it will be somehow wrong ...

Due to the pandemic, it is difficult with work and advertising orders. It would have been much easier for Larian to organize.

Link Copied to Clipboard