Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Laezel has the most beautiful warrior armor in the game at the moment, and with good stats.

Many players who play as a warrior take armor from Laezel and equip it on the main character. This raises a lot of questions ... too many questions.
The player can take away her armor even on Natuloid, then it looks even weirder.

I think it would be appropriate to make Laezel's armor impossible to transfer to another character, only to sell NPCs. Just like in Dragon Age Origin, Morrigan's armor cannot be given to someone else. Or, for the game to at least somehow react to such an action. For example, when trying to remove Laezel's armor on Natuloid, the player received a comment from her similar to Shadow Heart's comment when we try to take her casket. And so that it triggers a dialogue scene after natuloid when the player tries to remove her armor again. This will make the immersion more realistic.

[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Y
Y
I kind of agree, some companion clothes should be limited to the companion it belongs to. But for the freedom of an open world rpg, somethings i feel should be free and unrestricted, such as taking someone's clothes and wearing it haha. But it is a githyanki outfit, I feel like it should be in the fine details that it could lose some effectiveness when the wearer is not a githyanki. Much like the gloves of the Absolute. Only a bearer of the mark of the absolute can wear them without getting bane.

Banned
Banned
OH YEAH. I adapted quickly to it of course.
( Mainly because I really don't give two sh**s about her. )
She kinda feels like an armor provider to me at this point and then I throw her away.

Super high Armor class with +Dex and even more armorclass.
Plus it looks fairly cool and impressive even on males.

But to think this high and mighty Githyanki narcisist is just handing her Armor over even in Avernus right after she joins the escape.
It is also a little wierd to me that when we create a Githyanki ourself, that they have "Fae'run" armor/s.

veteran
veteran
Well yeah she shouldn't break character and just let you take her armor because you are the player. Fourth wall smashed down right there.

Another question is how does the same armor set always perfectly fit Githyanki, Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, Tieflings....

I wouldn't be opposed to some race restricted armor because it would give the races a unique look.

veteran
veteran
On the other hand ... i killed her in prologue, and then take her armor ...
That seem perfectly corect to me, yet if there will be some restriction i will mo longer be able to do that. :-/

Unless in loot will be different armor, i mean the same armor ofc, just without that "require Lae'zel" thing.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
On the other hand ... i killed her in prologue, and then take her armor ...
That seem perfectly corect to me, yet if there will be some restriction i will mo longer be able to do that. :-/

Unless in loot will be different armor, i mean the same armor ofc, just without that "require Lae'zel" thing.

"Only over my dead body you will take the armor from me!"
I think if Laezel dies, the restriction should be lifted.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
Yeah, that makes sense.

The other Gith armour you can get later on shouldn't be restricted though. They're probably the same item resource right now, they'd have to split then into different entries.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't think restriction are the way to go, instead:

1. If you try to take it, she becomes hostile and attacks you. You can only take it from her dead body.

2. If you have it in your inventory, any Gith you meet will attack you as they will always be hostile. I expect Gith never want a nonGith in their armor.

old hand
old hand
Both of those are strong overreactions. Lassie shouldn't attack you if you simply try to take her armour, you should have to attack her to get it. Making it restricted but exchangeable for other armour. Accepting Lassie into the party prevents you from getting an unrestricted version from her, so no taking it off and stabbing her in the back, you murder hobo wink

Other Gith I can agree should notice and be badly disposed against you for wearing Gith armour, but not just having it in your inventory, and it should be the same for any Gith armour, not just Lassie's.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Banned
Banned
There is actually already a mechanism in the game like that.

A mechanism where a companion does not hand out a certain item.
Give Astarion the Necromancy book you can find in the destroyed City... "somewhere" °cough°.
He wont hand it back to you actually! grin
You have to send it to the "camp"(?) and then loot it from the inventory chest there.

Lae'zel should absolutely not hand out her armor to anybody.
Not even to the our OC with the best reputation towards her.
After all this Armor is proof of everything she takes pride in.

veteran
veteran
Besides, the armor only looks good on her anyway. It's so alien looking it looks weird on other races even if it fits.

The male version looks pretty bad on everyone. Even the githyanki males who look very skinny and stretched become thick boys in that.

Any companions shouldn't allow you to strip them naked in a dangerous wilderness.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by 1varangian

Any companions shouldn't allow you to strip them naked in a dangerous wilderness.

Sounds so hot. I would strip Shadow Heart naked in a dangerous desert

But seriously, there is no NPC reaction to being naked in the game (at the moment! Perhaps a topic for a separate discussion), and in the case when we change the standard armor to another armor ... this is not critical. But Laezel has a unique Gith armor. This armor is her pride, and her honor.

We demand more sexy wasting of coder's time!

If you don't want to steal Laezel's armor... maybe just don't? Suuuuper easy to implement and the devs can work on other issues instead!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Bossk_Hogg
We demand more sexy wasting of coder's time!

If you don't want to steal Laezel's armor... maybe just don't? Suuuuper easy to implement and the devs can work on other issues instead!

Possessing this armor is not a matter of "want or not," it is a matter of honor. Any warrior character wants to take it for himself, since it is much better than the starting warrior armor, but Laezel must defend his honor as a Gityanki warrior.

In Dragon Age, the Qunari are closely associated with their sword. The Qunari soldier should never be separated from his sword, it is a shame for him, and he will be executed upon returning to his homeland without a sword, or he will be forced to commit suicide.

This does not concern the armor of the Git, but it is very stupid when she simply allows her to be taken away from her and does not give her anything better in return.

Link Copied to Clipboard