Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm loving the Early Acces. This is my list of wishes. I have no idea about where real limits are.

- About camp: It would be nice to have the camp in the map, inside it, and be able to visit it and leave it just by walk.
I think I understand we have played one zone wich will be, in the final game, just one of several zones, composing all toghether the whole map of BG3. In that case, it could be funny to be "obligated" to find myself some minimally appropriate place to settel the camp in each zone of map, or staying in a hostel or something like that, until I take my staff or I abbandone it.

- About Inventory: I think it's enough. It is related with previous point. I really don't need to be able to teleport things to the camp, and I don't need neither a huge deposit in the camp, so I wouldn't mind to leave the camp and settel in other places. I think that Inventory's size is fine to take with you whatever you could eventually need. In addition, not having always whatever you need makes the game funnier in my oppinion. Maybe you have to visit again that trader that bought to you that staff and pay for recover. Oh no! They sold it to some weird halfing. That's a beatiful mission I believe.
In addition, most of things have not a real use in game and they are for selling and earning money, am I right? For example, I found some object and its description said: "History object". I was playing a Mage with competence in History, so I tried to use the object or do something with History. I got no result, so I thought it was ok and I sold the object.

- About life along the map: Normaly, theres nothing new in any point of map once you have passed and cleaned the zone. Villages are examples of that. The same way, if you leave some people somewhere like doing something, whatever this is they will be doing the same thing at same point of it anytime you return. Maybe it would be even better to lose that chance after some time and feeling that map is alive. It would be awesome after a hard work day to find my camp stolen by some gang or just occupied by travelers that found it.
I have to talk the same about poeple's life. It is maybe about AI. Many times, people don't feel alive. If you find a gang and you kill a couple of monsters or a couple of "good people" in a village, their friends and partners, or the other people living in the same settelment, will never know about that fight and that killings beacause it is outside of their perception area and they will never move from their place.
There are few example against this when some characters "call the police", but normally you can kill somebody impossibly near to some other character (thinking of reality) without been noticed.

- About traveling mecanics: I like so much beeing able to teleport myself from anywhere to a purple point in the map. However, it's because I know there's nothing to see in that part of map I have already completed and I'm at an irrelevant momet. Nowadays I believe it is possible yet to teleport from a dungeon to anywhere and I think this should change in order to increase the emotion, the sensation of risk, the need of planning an assault...

- About time: there's no time. It is always day and never night, excepting in the camp of course. I'm really hopeful to bea able to walk around Baldur's Gate and do some night missions, see traders going to the Wide in the morning and going back home in the afternoon. Related with time we have rests. They should spend some time of the day or the night, maybe with a black screen for making the changes in the environment, if there were, and all of that.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I agree with alot of your points, I've also submitted feedback to Larian to have more realism, right now it's so easy to steal from vendors it's laughable. It's easy to just take Laezels armour, wear it and give her rags and she doesn't complain. There is very little wild life or life on the map like you mentioned. You can kill half a goblin camp and the other half just stands in place and won't notice anything. They're just waiting for you to ambush them. Less of DO:S2 and more new features and realism would be a welcomed change

Y
Y
I too would love the camp to be an actually area in game. Maybe if not part of the open world, but a "doored" area where its "go to camp". I felt it was weird to just have a camp out of nowhere. Ever big chapter or area should have a camp, (which i suspect will be the case) i hope camp isn't always the same layout regardless of where you are in the world. Like camp is literally a fixed physical location throughout the whole game.

Some of the way points did feel off, Silanos Grove is way off to the side of the gate to the Grove. But the gobbo camp way point is pretty much in the heart of the camp. They shouldn't be dead center, but not so way off to the side thats its just weird.

I think I've asked this a bunch of times already but, what elements of DOS2 is so prevalent in BG3 that it makes the game feel like its just DOS3, that takes away from the spirit of BG? Just from act 1, I really don't think the world is big enough to feel like a day and night cycle can transpire immersively while exploring. I hope they make the resting more immersive with time considerations, and use time of the day and night for good story telling.

Link Copied to Clipboard