Page 1 of 2 1 2
#744847 15/12/20 04:45 PM
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image]

Hello everyone,

We have just released another hotfix for you!

The game camera is no longer obsessed with showing you the ceiling all the time! We've also fixed some issues with pathfinding and issues with the Larian Launcher.
Thank you for your support tickets, Reddit, Larian Forum and Steam posts on these issues! We appreciate your support during Early Access so much!

Changelist:
  • Fixed several issues related to ceilings and walls being visible incorrectly
  • Fixed pathfinding issues that were introduced recently
  • Fixed the launcher not starting up correctly anymore on specific hardware configurations

addict
addict
Cool cool cool. Also reason to start a new game with a normal cam.

Now return Shadow personality plz Q___Q

Last edited by Nyloth; 15/12/20 05:04 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I started the update, saw it made my SSD go to 200 mb/s again for a 4mb hotfixe

saw the steam estimated time of patch to 37 minutes,

pressed the PAUSE button

right clicked on Baldur gate 3 in my library and clicked on UNINSTALL

I will play and test your game when you will fix the way you patch it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Y
Y
Cool beans, looking thru the ceilings in the gobbo throne room was pretty funny.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Wait... Where is that armor Shadowheart is wearing?

Originally Posted by Kolvaer
Wait... Where is that armor Shadowheart is wearing?

Female version Chain shirt +2. You can't get it in game legit yet.

[Linked Image]

Which of course is medium armor while chain mail armor itself is Heavy armor and looks very different.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 15/12/20 08:00 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
please fix the way you patch the game. I'm just a poor uni student who can't afford a computer with a massive SSD. Currently I have to go through every little file I have to delete things just so I can patch the game. my steam folder currently takes up 90% of my hard drive space. The downloaded folder is about 70gb and I assume it needs to download or install the entire game all over again while it's already installed. At this point I'm starting to think maybe it's more worth it to uninstall and then redownload the game every time you patch it

Last edited by Sennin; 15/12/20 10:30 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
It takes forever to install and in GOG it always stay stuck at 92%. At this point I prefer to download the full game again, please but please find another way to patch the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Repeat of the last time, some of the same people, too...I think GOG should just revert back to 62GB patches--just for them, you know.

It's wonderful when people who know nothing at all about making a game, programming a game, and patching it--decide that the developer is doing everything backwards. Ask them why they think so...and without exception they'll say, "But-but-but--I had a game once in which this wasn't required! That's how I know GOG is doing it wrong! Yea, that's it!"

Gog: "So, OK, what was the game and how big was this game when installed?"

Critic: "You expect me to recall trivial details like that? Come on--get a clue--start doing it right! I don't know... it was an old game and fully installed it was several hundreds of megabytes in size--what more do you want?"

Gog: "So, tell me what you want--do you want 62GB patches that take hours to download, or 34MB patches that download in minutes but may take awhile to execute when patching the game?"

Critic: "Look, OK, it's obvious you don't know what you are doing. Maybe you should let me take over the programming of this game?"

Gog: "OK...tell you what--what's your last game...what do you consider to be your highest programming achievement?"

Critic: "Oh, that's easy...;) Hey, man, I just finished a course called "Computers 101" that's what! I know what I'm talking about."

Gog: "So...your credentials...What did you learn, exactly?"

Critic: "Man, you don't know *anything* do you? I learned all about Wordstar--the el primo of non-WSIWYG word processing, that's what! You have to be top notch to learn that thing! Bet you couldn't even follow what I just said, eh?"

GOG: *cough* *choke* *sputter*...."Oh--keeee-dooo-keee...I Look, just give me your info and I'll shoot you a refund, guy! No Problem! Thanks for putting me in my place. *sputter* *laughs wildly*

...And so it goes...the experts among us daily striving unselfishly to put peon know-nothing professional programmers in their place! This is the untold story of...the People who know Everything! Trumpet blast!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I've seen some people post about the game re-downloading the entire thing for a patch, but I don't seem to be having this, and I'm running GOG. Hotfix #6 was 34 MB on this end, no issues.

Issue with the GOG/Steam launcher maybe?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sennin
At this point I'm starting to think maybe it's more worth it to uninstall and then redownload the game every time you patch it

I do this every time, much less of a pain. They need to fix this.

It has to process all the big .pak packed archives to change a few files inside.
Some of those .pak files are 30+ GB large, so unpacking them, replacing the little files, repacking them, is what takes so much time.

The bad part is that the updater does all of them in one run, saving all the new .pak in a temporary folder next to the game, instead of processing each .pak and replacing the original individually. Because of that, it doubles the disk space required (more than 160 GB), instead of "only" 110 GB.

Maybe they do that to be able to revert if something is wrong, but alternatively, they could simply verify the hash of the .pak and downloaded update, and the available disk space. Anything beyond that is easily recoverable.

So that's a way to improve the process, but I know they won't read this wink

Another improvement would be to specify a temporary directory, on another drive.

Yet another improvement would be splitting those huge .pak files. It's rarely a good idea to host such big files on a disk.

But, this is still much better than having to download the whole .pak files again. It would be slower anyway, and take as much disk space.

Last edited by Redglyph; 16/12/20 08:21 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Hotfix #6 killed the cutscenes frown So sad!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cheen
Hotfix #6 killed the cutscenes frown So sad!

I saw you responding to my thread about romance cutscenes; did you happen to notice any other cutscenes that were affected by Hotfix 6? Taking note of that would be helpful!

stranger
stranger
On my machine it takes MUCH less time to reinstall the whole game than to update it. This has to change if you don't want to lose a lot of testers.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Ah, interesting. Thanks!

veteran
veteran
I think the people having hotfix problems should also put in tickets with their machine specs. I'm having no problems with my hotfixes, either in terms of download or install so it must be something with certain machine configurations.

Oh and confirmed that cutscenes were cut.

stranger
stranger
I definitely put in a bug report for Larian when I discovered that cutscenes stopped working! It's good to hear that there was some sort of official confirmation regarding that; a link would be nice laugh

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Just launched the game, I'm on Steam, on my computer and I didn't have any time consuming download, the game started as quickly as always.

apprentice
apprentice
My update on GoG has been going for like 1 hour!!! the download was 74gb, and on SSD, WTH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard