Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Davon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I wonder if you guys would like an option of other players members in your party to be able to participate in conversation just like its possible in Kotor mmo. I think its a nice addition to the game and makes the conversation more enjoyable as you get to participate and watch those sweet animations of your character. What do you guys think?

journeyman
journeyman
I can't find it off the top of my head, but wasn't there some talk about that on one of the dev vids? I vaguely remember them saying they were planning on bringing in party conversation options.

TBH I'd love it if they did do a SWTOR style group conversation mechanic. It would be an awesome incentive to play in a group. Hubs and I wanted to group up in DOS2 as well, but it really felt like all the companions were redundant when we did.

old hand
old hand
Even if they're NPCs one should he able to to use them in dialogue. It's ridiculous that your know-nothing rogue orphan has to do the Arcana check just because he were the one you initiated dialogue with, when his well-studied Wizard friend is standing right next to him.

Same with social checks. The smarmy rogue leads with Persuasion and when that fails the Barbarian steps in with Intimidation.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
They kind of already have it on a few occasions. Maybe not having them pass checks or anything significant mostly minor chiming in. For example while talking to Nettie she'll say to someone else you don't need to be here and have had Wyll or Gale say something. Only minor hopefully they add more.

Y
Y
I would love to see that. Companions should be a tag option in the dialog list. Just as Dexai was saying, "I may not know, but my wizard friend here might". I believe all conversations should be done by the PC unless not near the played character starting the convo. Which I think is very rarely intentional.

Also I dont think we should be able to controll our companions dialog options. We should just be able to let our companions take over a conversation and hopefully the player knows the companion well enough to make the right call. Also when a companion steps in, it should not be for the whole conversation, just key talking spots.

It may lead to the companion gaining more info or gain more trust in whomever you're talking too or...instigate a fight haha

Last edited by YT-Yangbang; 16/12/20 09:31 PM.
D
Davon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yes, very much yes. I like that idea with npc as well Yangbang.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard