Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
And that is the enemys turn and when they cannot do anything, the camera gets stuck on them for like 3 seconds, while some subtitle is highlighted about their head.

" Oh you so gonna regret this. "
" Yo momma! "
" °rattle° "

And it is infinitely annoying me.

I just revealed in another topic that I made a challenge for myself in which I made it to the Grove with only one character.
And I defeated all the Undeads in the Crypt for it naturally.
So I retreated a few times in order to do it.

But not a normal retreat. Before the battle even started I pushed several of the Undead Mages to the room further away,
( which is like right in between the sarcophag room full of traps for opening the sarcophag )
and the big room with the Jergal stature notice and in which you can awake the Undeads in the first place.
Which means the AI had actually problems to lead these idiotic Undead back to me.

So the camera focussed in on like 4 guys in a distance of like 100 meters to my character...
... on each and every single one of them...
... for like 3 horrible, hellish seconds... ( "# firstworld problems" I know )
... and I had to suffer this agonizingly long time...
... before I could continue my next turn.

I really don't need this. Really. Maybe someone wants to actually read this -> how "°rattle°" is highlighted above a skeleton. I don't know.
Maybe someone actually wants and needs this. But it is not me. grin
I want to deactivate this feature. I really don't need it.

addict
addict
This isn't intentional. It's not a feature. Seems more like a coding problem. I'm sure it will be rectified, at least to a certain degree.

journeyman
journeyman
I hope the number of occasions where enemies don't know what to do and just stand there glaring from a distance will be dramatically reduced. Too many fights are way too easy because enemies don't seem to know what to do or how to get into fighting range.

Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Yeah I figured this was not "intentional".

It would be way better if enemy AI knows how to move a character always.
But even in cases where it might be truly impossible... just - just have that character be passed by without a notice.
It is okay.
We do not need to see that this guy cannot do anything.

That is what I mean.
Only actual movement ( or invisible movement wink ) must be highlighted.
Everything else just does not make sense.

Just jump over them to the next.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
I hope the number of occasions where enemies don't know what to do and just stand there glaring from a distance will be dramatically reduced. Too many fights are way too easy because enemies don't seem to know what to do or how to get into fighting range.

To be fair, there's alot of instances where the enemy simply can't get to you. If you lure Dror Ragzlin and his buddies out of their room and you're posted up on the catwalk and have destroyed the ladder, there is nothing they can do. It's a turkey shoot.

Same goes for the goblin camp and the ridge by the waypoint. Climb up the ladder, destroy it, start raining down the fury. Nothing they can do.

Last edited by DarkRob316; 18/12/20 11:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm not sure it's not always intentional.

Let's nuance this...
When they do nothing for 3 sec then move... That's not intentional.
When they move then the camera is stuck n them for 3 second... That's not intentional.

But What about ennemies not moving because they just say something ?
It looks like different things to me in the game.

I have the feeling that sometimes, they don't want to do something else than saying something, loosing 1 turn.
Not sure about it but it happens a lot. Sometimes when they're stuck... But sometimes without any (known) reasons.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DarkRob316
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha

To be fair, there's alot of instances where the enemy simply can't get to you. If you lure Dror Ragzlin and his buddies out of their room and you're posted up on the catwalk and have destroyed the ladder, there is nothing they can do. It's a turkey shoot.

Same goes for the goblin camp and the ridge by the waypoint. Climb up the ladder, destroy it, start raining down the fury. Nothing they can do.

Of course there are cases when they really have no other choice, but in most cases they do. Even in the goblin camp, if you get on the ridge and destroy the ladder there's always another way to get there (where there are the sleeping bugbears). It's a long way, true, but still better than standing there waiting for the next volley of arrows. And then the ogres should really be way more of a challenge. Once you reach high ground they are utterly helpless. They throw one, maybe two barrels, and that's it. Why do they stop? I'm sure there's much more stuff they could throw at me.

There's also a lot of other cases where enemies don't do anything even when they obviously could. Off the top of my head I can think of:

- one of the phase spiders in the fight against the matriarch just watches from a distance, when nothing seems to be stopping it from teleporting closer and joining the fight
- if you side with the goblins, in the fight against the druids some of them just pass their turn for no apparent reason. I wish someone would just give then a bow so they could shoot me
- if you side with the goblins and the druids are already dead, Rath (the only druid survivor of the druid-tiefling civil war) just stands in front of the door to the inner sanctum doing nothing at all. And his turn takes ages because he obviously doesn't know what to do... I'm pretty sure this is a bug and he shouldn't even be joining the fight at that point.

Link Copied to Clipboard