Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Y
Y
I support a voiced character. They have provided 4 options so far across the board, I hope they aim to provide more voices per race to really mix things up and keep the voices more lore immersive.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Please stop opening this thread every week.
And no, I don't want a voiced protagonist event hough we are totally getting one. Yikes.

addict
addict
Wait... I think it was old one! omg x_x

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Y
Y
This is this guy's first post. No need to smash him on his first opinion. This is everyone's forum to speak their ideas and feedback. We can guide him that we've had an open thread on the topic and also reiterate any said points here. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to the topic to say, then don't say anything.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by YT-Yangbang
This is this guy's first post. No need to smash him on his first opinion. This is everyone's forum to speak their ideas and feedback. We can guide him that we've had an open thread on the topic and also reiterate any said points here. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to the topic to say, then don't say anything.

What we had of "constructive" to say about this topic was probably said in the dozen+ of previous threads about the very same argument.
That's precisely where the annoyance comes from: by being lazy/negligent and just starting a new thread about something that's been discussed extensively already, he's basically forcing everyone to repeat themselves over and over and over.

Also, back to the topic, and just to reiterate what I already wrote what it feels like one hundred times elsewhere, the game is already including at least 7-8 "origin stories" plus four custom characters voices, with possibly more to come.
To expect that each one of them could be be fully voiced from start to finish is pretty damn unlikely.

I'm not going to say "impossible" just because you can never know for sure what Larian will decide to do.

Last edited by Tuco; 19/12/20 11:14 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
I support the fully voiced player character. Really like Voice 1.

old hand
old hand
I stopped playing the game since the last patch messed up a lot of stuff. From what little I have seen they took away npc voice lines and replaced them with pc lines. You can see this on the ship after first battle your character says something instead of Lae'zal complementing you. I wasn't a fan of the change, but it is more voice lines for the pc...

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Made a thread about this a while ago which has about 8 pages of responses - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=86751&Number=745216#Post745216
And yes, this game definitely needs a voiced main character!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm against this as I stated in another topic. Its great if you are caucasian/european. Sucks if you are anything else. Perfect example: Cyberpunk 2077. Try to make V darkskinned and tell me your immersed. They could get more voice actors, but thats wishful thinking and more expensive than just a relatively silent mc we have now.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
I'm against this as I stated in another topic. Its great if you are caucasian/european. Sucks if you are anything else. Perfect example: Cyberpunk 2077. Try to make V darkskinned and tell me your immersed. They could get more voice actors, but thats wishful thinking and more expensive than just a relatively silent mc we have now.
It sucks even of you are a caucasoid because you will never get regional accents, plus RPG's should really just forget about the whole voiced protagonist thing as a mandatory feature. It's lazy. Give me more, higher quality writing please, I can read my own lines.

Bruh #745865 21/12/20 05:34 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Bruh
RPG's should really just forget about the whole voiced protagonist thing as a mandatory feature. It's lazy. Give me more, higher quality writing please, I can read my own lines.

I agree 100%.

If I can create my own character, (s)he should be silent. Use money for things that actually improve my RPG experience.

Last edited by Kajsentlyha; 21/12/20 05:41 PM.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
But you know that voiced protagonist is happening anyway, right? It's been already confirmed. If you want your character to be silent, that's alright. BG1 and BG2 had this option, there's no reason to believe that BG3 will be different.
But majority of players want to have voiced main character, including me.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by pageu
But you know that voiced protagonist is happening anyway, right? It's been already confirmed. If you want your character to be silent, that's alright. BG1 and BG2 had this option, there's no reason to believe that BG3 will be different.
But majority of players want to have voiced main character, including me.
Larian already said they won't be swayed by what the majority wants all the time. And I will never give up on silent MC, because silent MC is what RPGs are all about. Maybe we should provide the voiced option for people who can't live without it, but preferably, resources would instead be used for coming up with conversations with many many many more options.

Bruh #745893 21/12/20 07:05 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
No, they said they can adapt and that they are not afraid to make changes. Removing voiced MC doesn't ADD anything valuable to the game.
No.2 - RPGs are not all about having a silent MC. RPGs are about being a part of a story and adventure.

B
Banned
Banned
B
No, they said they can adapt and that they are not afraid to make changes. Removing voiced MC doesn't ADD anything valuable to the game.
No.2 - RPGs are not all about having a silent MC. RPGs are about being a part of a story and adventure.
You are flat out wrong. Addig a silent MC makes it more enjoyable for a lot of people, and the enjoyment of your players if valuable. Also given how the MC is still not voiced they didn't actually put resources into it yet so if they are smart they will change their minds about it and put their effort in more important things.
Also RPG are all about playing a role, so if you force a voice on my character you are forcing a eprsonality on me, because a voice is always a personality as well.
So yes, making the MC silent would make the game a better RPG.

Bruh #745907 21/12/20 07:46 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
You're wrong. I wrote that there should be an option, so if you don't like it - turn it off.
Also major part of MC voices has been already recorded (there's already like a 6 different versions), it's been datamined. Some of it is already in the game.
Larian after the first week of Early Access sold over 1 000 000 copies of the game on Steam. They have enough money to make this game exactly as they want it to be. Removing content won't make other aspects of BG3 any way better.
Like I said before, it's happening.

B
Banned
Banned
B
No, you are wrong. There is absolutely no reason to pour resources wastefully into an option that will not satisfy an overwhelming vast majority of people because at best we will only get 2 voices/gender, both of which will be british/american. It may be happening, but I still maintain that voiced protagonists are stupid and a plague on RPGs everywhere.
Also prove to me that there will be 6 different player voices and that they are all fully recorded.

Bruh #745917 21/12/20 08:07 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
What makes you think, that "overwhelming vast majority of people" won't be satisfied with voiced lines? Because few guys from this forum don't like it?
Look at Chubblot's channel, there are some:

I never said they are FULLY recorded. It's early access. Nothing's fully finished.
It's happening anyway. Don't be selfish. Fully voiced game is far more enjoyable.

veteran
veteran
I'm ok with both - I have favorite examples for voiced (female sarcastic Hawke - best character ever) and silent (apart from BG, my favorite is Malkavian from Vampire Bloodlines - there the silent treatment worked pretty well) protagonists and I can see the pros for both sides. I could live with what they are doing in the EA - have a few voiced lines and the rest is silent. But I'm ok with fully voiced too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Fully voiced game is far more enjoyable.

Not if we're talking about a role-playing game. Or you need a lot more voice variations.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard