Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
Joined: Jul 2019
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jul 2019
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
She is not a priestess of Lolth (unless the absolute is an invention of Lolth), but a priestess of the absolute. I guess designs for absolute Armor (except for a few goblin items) have not been finalized yet.
I also think that she is too weak for the role she plays in terms of level but

game files suggest a coming drow companion. If that is going to be Minthara it is understandable that she is only level 5.
Most of the world currently seems stuck at Lvl 5, a few stronger creatures would be manageable

I doubt it will be Minthara, I think all Companions start at level 1. I do think she will reappear in later chapters and will end up a camp follower eventually, but not a full companion.

Joined: Dec 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2020
I see no option but to kill her in my playthroughs, because siding with the goblins is from my perspective a stupid decision - and not only because I like playing Tieflings (and I like druids) - I mean, you have a cult of mentally unstable and very violent people. On the other hand you have a group of innocent refugees and mostly kindhearted druids. I'm not counting snake lady, because everyone makes it very clear, that she will have nothing more to say, when Halsin is back - so one reason more, to save that chap, to bring back a bit of stability to this region. Why would I join the murder cult? Even as an evil character ... I mean, I'm evil, not stupid. Things like that always backfire.

I could see Minthara as an either/or character between her and Wyll, because I don't see Wyll agree to siding with the psycho murder cult. But in my case it will be Wyll all the time, if they don't drastically change the quest, to make it more believable to help the goblins (other than the 'I want the sex scene with the drow lady'-argument).

Right now, the character and the cult has nothing to offer me. There has to be major rewriting of the whole questline to be done - think of the decision in Dragon Age Inquisition to help the templars or the mages - that was a decision, where you sit down and really weigh your pros and cons for every side. I didn't even think of that in this questline. Of course I'll help the refugees and the druids, of course I save Volo and that goblin prisoner can rot for all I care. And no questions ask, I'll kill the tree cult leaders.

I know, that I'm writing more about the cult than about Minthara, but to me, she is just another crazy cult member at the moment. I don't see anything, that would screm 'Yes, this is interesting companion material' to me.


"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
More screenshots from Minthara!

[Linked Image from static1.srcdn.com]
[Linked Image from static2.srcdn.com]
[Linked Image from gamertweak.com]
[Linked Image from cdn.staticneo.com]
[Linked Image from pcinvasion.com]


Minthara by ShiroiShi (fan art)
[Linked Image from a.radikal.ru]

Joined: Oct 2020
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Nice screenshots and nice fanart.

Joined: Dec 2020
O
stranger
Offline
stranger
O
Joined: Dec 2020
I like Minthara you can see why she went with the Absolute instead of Lolth considering she gets rather attached to you, but I prefer Sazza

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Many people on Reddit also want Minthara to become a companion.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/j81vjo/romance_with_minthara_in_baldurs_gate_3/

kink with her
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...only_one_who_wants_minthara_to_crush_my/


Baldur's Gate 3: Minthara is the Best Romance Option
https://gamerant.com/baldurs-gate-3-romance-options-best-minthara/

"While there still isn't a ton of information available yet about Minthara's backstory and what drove her to pursue a path of evil, the parallels between her and other conflicted characters like the Yennefer from the Witcher series are apparent. Of course, Minthara is clearly evil enough to condone mass murder, but there are sure to be plenty of players who will be interested to see if she will get a redemption arc, or if she has some tragic past. Obviously, some characters are just plain evil and offer no reasoning for choosing darkness, but that may appeal to some players too."


This is what I wrote about too. I think she has the potential to surprise the player. Show her good side if we become close to her - the ability for friendship, love, self-sacrifice and all that. But it must be difficult to achieve. In Lolth drow society you always expect to get a knife in the back, trusting someone is difficult.

Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Show her good side if we become close to her - the ability for friendship, love, self-sacrifice and all that.

You want to show her that after you murder a bunch of kids to get close to her? Lolol?

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Show her good side if we become close to her - the ability for friendship, love, self-sacrifice and all that.

You want to show her that after you murder a bunch of kids to get close to her? Lolol?

Yes, goblins - cannon fodder and minions, druids and tieflings - enemies of the Absolute who were ordered to destroy for some incomprehensible purpose. But the main character may well become important to her, and with the main character she will be completely different.

I think a much more needs to be done for this, and it will not necessarily be associated with evil.

Perhaps the Absolute will order us to kill Minthara in order to punish her for failure and take her place, and the main character will not do this, moreover, he will also protect her from the clerics of Lolth who also want to punish her for her betrayal. Add flowers and nice words to that. After that, she must understand something.

I would like Minthara to be available as a companion even if we are not helping the goblins, just under different circumstances, for example, if the main character takes her prisoner and then learns more about her background (to beat the redemption arc). If she joined the Absolute to avoid Lolth's cruelty, then perhaps she just didn't meet the drow Eilistraee? She is too interesting and charismatic character, and Larian needs to devote more time to her.

But in any case, this decision will be made by Larian - how exactly the Minthara content will look in the game, and what decisions can be made. I would like everything and a lot

Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Show her good side if we become close to her - the ability for friendship, love, self-sacrifice and all that.

You want to show her that after you murder a bunch of kids to get close to her? Lolol?

Yes, goblins - cannon fodder and minions, druids and tieflings - enemies of the Absolute who were ordered to destroy for some incomprehensible purpose. But the main character may well become important to her, and with the main character she will be completely different.

I think a much more needs to be done for this, and it will not necessarily be associated with evil.

Perhaps the Absolute will order us to kill Minthara in order to punish her for failure and take her place, and the main character will not do this, moreover, he will also protect her from the clerics of Lolth who also want to punish her for her betrayal. Add flowers and nice words to that. After that, she must understand something.

I would like Minthara to be available as a companion even if we are not helping the goblins, just under different circumstances, for example, if the main character takes her prisoner and then learns more about her background (to beat the redemption arc). If she joined the Absolute to avoid Lolth's cruelty, then perhaps she just didn't meet the drow Eilistraee? She is too interesting and charismatic character, and Larian needs to devote more time to her.

But in any case, this decision will be made by Larian - how exactly the Minthara content will look in the game, and what decisions can be made. I would like everything and a lot

OK, I get it, you don't want her to be more friendly and trusting, you want her to be more friendly and trusting towards YOU. Yes, that's feasible. Evil characters actually often make more loyal friends and love partners, as they don't have other distractions to weight against your relationship.

Personally though, tired of sob stories and traumas, I am hungry for characters that are self-sufficient and well adjusted, thought, unfortunately, after reading her mind, there is a very big chance that it won't be the case with her.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
[quote=Kadajko][quote=OneManArmy]

OK, I get it, you don't want her to be more friendly and trusting, you want her to be more friendly and trusting towards YOU. Yes, that's feasible. Evil characters actually often make more loyal friends and love partners, as they don't have other distractions to weight against your relationship.

Personally though, tired of sob stories and traumas, I am hungry for characters that are self-sufficient and well adjusted, thought, unfortunately, after reading her mind, there is a very big chance that it won't be the case with her.

Yes exactly smile

All self-sufficient characters have their own secrets. She looks like this in public, wants to seem strong, because she doesn't trust anyone.

Make it so that the drow who is used to deception and betrayal in Menzoberranzan fell in love with the main character and began to trust him for real - is a great challenge. Make her admit to herself that she NEEDS the main character, and it matters more than Lolth or Absolute. Difficult, will take a long time, but I really want to complete it! I think when this happens we will have the opportunity to get to know Minthara from the other side.
And maybe (optionally) slightly changed her worldview like Viconia

I think the romance with Minthara will be one of the best in video game history if the developers get it right. They've already done better than Dragon Age and Mass Effect combined.

Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
She looks like this in public, wants to seem strong, because she doesn't trust anyone.

I agree with what you say in general, but I don't want her to SEEM strong, I want her to BE strong. Too many ''hard on the outside, soft on the inside'' female characters nowadays, I want someone who is tough on the inside too, but this is just my personal preference. That quote of hers ''I never NEEDED anyone, but I WANT you'' really got me, that is the kind of character I would love to romance.

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 04:40 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
She looks like this in public, wants to seem strong, because she doesn't trust anyone.

I agree with what you say in general, but I don't want her to SEEM strong, I want her to BE strong. Too many ''hard on the outside, soft on the inside'' female characters nowadays, I want someone who is tough on the inside too, but this is just my personal preference. That quote of hers ''I never NEEDED anyone, but I WANT you'' really got me, that is the kind of character I would love to romance.

Yes, this quote ...

I think that she will say "I need you" after many other events where she can make sure that she can trust the main character. After one day of dating, it would be strange to hear something else.

And yet, the quote can be interpreted in the literal sense, and in the sense that a strong Minthara does not want to show her real feelings because love is pain.

I think she is strong both inside and outside, but every strong person has his weak points, which only a select few know about. In the first act, the main character is not the chosen one, but the candidate on the long way to this

Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yes, this quote ...

I think that she will say "I need you" after many other events where she can make sure that she can trust the main character. After one day of dating, it would be strange to hear something else.

And yet, the quote can be interpreted in the literal sense, and in the sense that a strong Minthara does not want to show her real feelings because love is pain.

I think she is strong both inside and outside, but every strong person has his weak points, which only a select few know about. In the first act, the main character is not the chosen one, but the candidate on the long way to this

No.. that hit me a lot deeper on a philosophical level. It's not a lack of commitment, she lets you go and helps you, risking wrath of the Absolute, also sets a condition that you belong to her now and she in turn belongs to you, that is serious. The fact that your minds connected, hell knows how much that means and how much you saw, and if that one night was more quality time than many months of dating, only problem here is that your characters personality could be quite different, but it could be a headcannon that makes sense.

The fact that she wants you but doesn't need you is good, it's a luxury of choice, of free will due to the nature of being a self-sufficient individual. She doesn't need anything from you, she just wants you. Unless you mean ''need'' in the sense that the relationship with you specifically is so good that you would rather die than continue living without said relationship, so the relationship is needed for you to continue living, aka Romeo&Juliet.

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 05:59 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
A
stranger
Offline
stranger
A
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Nabbs
Love the character but as a drow I must kill her because she is weak in her belief that anything could be more powerful than Lolth.
I have a theory that the Absolute is Lolth's proxy, or at least they are allies. I have argued in this post:

What exactly is an ally of Lolth? I don't think the queen of Chaos really has any real allies.

I see more evidence that the absolute is allied with netherese, Mind Flayers or Bhaal.

Joined: Dec 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2020
Minthara is too much. Ordering the slaughter of innocent refugees is one thing, but when I find you trying to kill me and your defence is "I would totally have married you in another life but god said no." that's just a huge red flag. The whole Bond movie sleeping-with-then-killing-me I get, goes with the territory. But you need to slow down on the concubine talk, even if it's just speculative. We literally just met each other.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Savage North
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Savage North
Drows are very sentimental and sweet-heart people. It is known.

The inspiration for their society was these characters in teenager novels and mangas aimed for girls. Love happens at first sight or not at all. Casual sex is unheard of.

Note you can use the Drows' sentimentality against them. When Minthara wants to kill you, you can say "but I love you" and she changes her mind.


Hoping we'll be able to create great assumptions-free Custom Characters and be given great roleplay options.
Joined: Oct 2020
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
you can say "but I love you" and she changes her mind.

Cute drow murderess.

Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by CopperCrate
Minthara is too much. Ordering the slaughter of innocent refugees is one thing, but when I find you trying to kill me and your defence is "I would totally have married you in another life but god said no." that's just a huge red flag. The whole Bond movie sleeping-with-then-killing-me I get, goes with the territory. But you need to slow down on the concubine talk, even if it's just speculative. We literally just met each other.

She said that she saw enough when you opened your mind, we don't know how much she saw but it could be a Lot. The only problem, like I said previously, she seems to like you regardless of your personality, regardless of any choices you've made.

Last edited by Kadajko; 30/12/20 10:40 AM.
Joined: May 2016
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2016
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Drows are very sentimental and sweet-heart people. It is known.

The inspiration for their society was these characters in teenager novels and mangas aimed for girls. Love happens at first sight or not at all. Casual sex is unheard of.

Note you can use the Drows' sentimentality against them. When Minthara wants to kill you, you can say "but I love you" and she changes her mind.

What about that Drow in bg2 that is horny and orders you to have sex with her or tries to kill you if you refuse?

Joined: Dec 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Drows are very sentimental and sweet-heart people. It is known.

The inspiration for their society was these characters in teenager novels and mangas aimed for girls. Love happens at first sight or not at all. Casual sex is unheard of.

Note you can use the Drows' sentimentality against them. When Minthara wants to kill you, you can say "but I love you" and she changes her mind.

BG3=Dating Simulator confirmed

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5