Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Please add animations to add dice rolls from your modifiers and bonuses. It allows the player to feel a sense of progression and accomplishment.

Doing the math for them and subtracting from the DC feels a bit anticlimactic and lackluster. I think you are missing a huge opportunity with your brand and game mechanics by not promoting the idea of character progression and how it interweaves with the dice rolls system. Everyone wants to add to power, not subtract from the enemies power. I understand the difficulties in how this would look for things like stealing etc. But it doesnt have to be for everything, but most certainly - dialogue skill checks!

Thank you.

old hand
old hand
Agreed!

veteran
veteran
If so, please make it optional ...
Those rolls are sometimes allready long enough. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
The whole add up can be accomplished visibly and clearly, and during the animation of whatever is happening - be it combat or dialogue. Length of time taken is not a factor to consider here, since the time duration is entirely arbitrary and on Larian.

L
addict
addict
L
Agreed, D&D works this way for a reason. High DCs can seem quite daunting at low levels but later in the game they pose less of a problem. It would be great if you could feel this in BG3

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If so, please make it optional ...
Those rolls are sometimes allready long enough. :-/

Solasta does it perfectly. They roll the dice and it shows as an overlay and the addition comes from an extra dice and then shows the final number based on your bonus in a smooth quick succession, far faster then the way it currently shows in BG3, which imo breaks immersion. The screen changes and then a big dice moves around and you see your final number (which was already predetermined so its pointless) as opposed to the rolls just happening smoothly and in conversation simultaneously

S
stranger
stranger
S
+1! I’d much rather see the DC and then my roll plus (or minus) the characters applicable modifiers. It’d make much more sense and be clearer (as demonstrated by Solasta).

journeyman
journeyman
If you're going to do it this way, make it optional. I just want to know what number I need to roll to succeed after bonuses and penalties. I don't need (or want) to see the effect of these bonuses added to the die after rolling. You can always highlight the number you need if you're so curious to see the effects of bonuses and penalties, btw.

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"

Link Copied to Clipboard