Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
veteran
veteran
+1 What @Kadajko said.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by Sordak
But make male characters that are more traditionally masculine. Someone that acts like Men act when they are in trouble together.

Wyll is one no?

Originally Posted by Sordak
And while were at it, some female character that embraces positive feminine qualiites

Shadowheart is feminine, maybe you will see those qualities if you get on her good side.

He means more toxic masculinity - like blend in Astarion's disregard for consent, Wyll's pompousness, and Lae'zel's domineering. By feminine qualities, he's thinking more of Zorru's personality.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VeronicaTash
He means more toxic masculinity

Well, Shadowheart displays a lot of toxic femininity, so why not? Not like companions have to be perfect.

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 09:09 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Well, Shadowheart displays a lot of toxic femininity, so why not? Not like companions have to be perfect.

Well, the game is allowing sexual interactions, so it may upset a lot of people when that companion invariably rapes you - because rape is about power and so it doesn't matter if they're attracted to you or not.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Well, the game is allowing sexual interactions, so it may upset a lot of people when that companion invariably rapes you - because rape is about power and so it doesn't matter if they're attracted to you or not.

You mean like Lae'zel? I don't see too many complaints about that, I don't even think that majority of people consider it rape, if it's consensual.

As a side note: we can have rape in the game too, it's a mature game. I am not a try-hard edge lord, just honestly, I like negative things to be present in games too, it adds to realism.

P.S. Rape is bad mkay?

apprentice
apprentice
Halsin as the friendly daddy, the party is sorely missing a friendly/good daddy character. Would also sort out the druid of the party

enthusiast
enthusiast
Lol, there is no rape in this game. You have to agree first, to have a night with the companion.

veteran
veteran
That escalated quickly.

[Linked Image from memecrunch.com]

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 22/12/20 09:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You mean like Lae'zel? I don't see too many complaints about that, I don't even think that majority of people consider it rape, if it's consensual.

As a side note: we can have rape in the game too, it's a mature game. I am not a try-hard edge lord, just honestly, I like negative things to be present in games too, it adds to realism.

P.S. Rape is bad mkay?

Well, I've never been with Lae'zel so I'm not sure how that goes - but rape is by definition nonconsensual. And while rape can be addressed, probably best if it doesn't happen to the player character itself.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
That escalated quickly.

I know you want to have fun but be careful with posts like that, because often it attracts the attention of mods as if something is going wrong in the thread, when in reality ( I'd like to think ) we are just calmly discussing things like adults, even if controversial. I've seen so many threads locked, so many sads.

Well, I've never been with Lae'zel so I'm not sure how that goes

You want to check real quick? It's just one post camp scene, or are you super anti-spoiler? I've linked the correct time 2:23.

I would also like to point out that if you do watch the clip pay attention that player is actually given multiple opportunities during the scene to stop and leave if they don't like it or feel uncomfortable. I think when you always have control it's fine.

But then again, I am lost in your original point a bit. You might not enjoy it, but someone will and will have a different outlook on what is happening, that doen't mean they shouldn't have their fun right?

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 09:53 PM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
I wish back the times when discussions about companions in an RPG did focus on politically fuelled sexual preferences and romance options.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You want to check real quick? It's just one post camp scene, or are you super anti-spoiler? I've linked the correct time 2:23.

I would also like to point out that if you do watch the clip pay attention that player is actually given multiple opportunities during the scene to stop and leave if they don't like it or feel uncomfortable. I think when you always have control it's fine.

But then again, I am lost in your original point a bit. You might not enjoy it, but someone will and will have a different outlook on what is happening, that doen't mean they shouldn't have their fun right?

Well, that is more light BDSM than rape. We all knew she was a dominatrix.

enthusiast
enthusiast

So what is your definition of toxic masculinity then? Because imo, Lae'zel clearly has it. How would a sex scene with a masculine guy that was requested be any different?

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 10:50 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

So what is your definition of toxic masculinity then? Because imo, Lae'zel clearly has it. How would a sex scene with a masculine guy that was requested be any different?

Toxic masculinity goes much further - and I did mix three characters traits together, including hers, to give an example earlier. But look at a Proud Boys rally - every single person there has toxic masculinity. They want to just intimidate anyone who disagrees with them and kill anyone who stands up to them while they yell and wave their phallic substitutes around.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Toxic masculinity goes much further - and I did mix three characters traits together, including hers, to give an example earlier. But look at a Proud Boys rally - every single person there has toxic masculinity. They want to just intimidate anyone who disagrees with them and kill anyone who stands up to them while they yell and wave their phallic substitutes around.

Yeah, I guess your earlier example is better, I prefer a bit more abstract and not involving real world examples as it requires a lot of research to make informed comparisons accurately. Then again, like I said earlier, all characters have their flaws and that is absolutely fine, we have flat out evil companions, we as the player are allowed to murder children etc.

I guess my main point is - there is nothing wrong with someone wanting a traditionally masculine / feminine character in the party, you might not like those party members, I for example don't like the fact that Shadowheart is a zealot and manipulator, those are not positive qualities, but it's ok, and you don't have to romance anyone you don't like, Larian does a very good job of making sure you have control over such interactions.

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/12/20 11:08 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I guess my main point is - there is nothing wrong with someone wanting a traditionally masculine / feminine character in the party, you might not like those party members, I for example don't like the fact that Shadowheart is a zealot and manipulator, those are not positive qualities, but it's ok, and you don't have to romance anyone you don't like, Larian does a very good job of making sure you have control over such interactions.

Actually, it was more a pointed barb at Sardok. I've run into him before, and as suggested by someone else who messaged me, and with some new information granted there, I made it so I don't even see his posts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually, it was more a pointed barb at Sardok. I've run into him before, and as suggested by someone else who messaged me, and with some new information granted there, I made it so I don't even see his posts.

I understood that, I am just treating it as a suggestion without taking into account who specifically posted it.

On a side note, I believe you are doing yourself a disservice by shutting down voices of people you disagree with as that intelectually stagnates you, but it's not my place to lecture you, just an opinion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That only works when they deal in reality. Discussing with irrationalists just drains you and you cannot deal with them rationally.

S
addict
addict
S
Honestly, I'd like to see more plain old fashioned characters like paladins who are honorable and good. I loved Keldorn in BG2 as well as Mazzy who had the heart of a paladin but couldn't become one as a halfling. It almost seems like there's a concerted effort to turn paladins evil.

There's too many companions who are already rare, unusual or with special qualities. Characters who are plain can have wonderful backstories and be down to earth and still be part the world of Faerun. There's too much effort to make the companions unique not with their personalities but with their special traits. Tell a good story with good characters and you don't need all the fancy stuff like vampires, werewolves and ticking time bombs to create conflict and struggles.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
Well there's something to be said for stereotyping too. Because without your stock standard-variety types, the Companions who break the mold don't have a point of contrast to make them seem more compelling by comparison.

Stereotyping with a twist is generally more fun, and more BG. Good tiefling/drow, evil aasimar, orc scholar, the paladins a jerk but the rogue is righteous etc type of thing. Yeah it's basically the expected thing now but it's still establishes that mould, without nessicarily breaking it just, bending it little.

Some more normal companions would be great, but normal should still leave room for the creative/unexpected.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard