Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
As there has been plenty of talk about the characterisation of Shadowheart being changed, could we have a list of these changes or atleast an explanation of them from the developers?
It would be very useful towards understanding both the changes to her character and what it means for the intended direction of the EA and how larian is approaching the characters and community reactions.

Thank you.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
enthusiast
enthusiast
As much as I would like to know this too, I don't think Larian with answer this for you here. Better luck finding a person who will document the changes as they do another playthrough from scratch, there are a few youtube channels that might shed light on this after some time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm sure they aren't going to rewrite Shadowheart - they'll just add in a life domain cleric for people.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VeronicaTash
I'm sure they aren't going to rewrite Shadowheart - they'll just add in a life domain cleric for people.

People keep saying they already did. and Honestly, replaying I'm not noticing anything obvious

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
Originally Posted by Starshine
People keep saying they already did. and Honestly, replaying I'm not noticing anything obvious

Was there a personality change and why haven't I noticed it in my replay? I managed to get a lucky roll this time by the windmill and she told me about her religion. Otherwise, she seems pretty much the same except better stats. And better stats I am pretty sure are because in Larian telemetry she was the most dead character, bypassing even mages.

enthusiast
enthusiast
From what Larian said they did change some of their personalities and that if they weren't in your immediate group of 4 they wouldn't have a reaction to things for which you do while out exploring in the world. But I noticed that isn't the case with Lae" Zel who still seems to react to everything.

As for Shadowheart in addition to her personality, they raised her Dexterity to 15 when it used to be only a 9 but I believe that was it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard