Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The Unapproachable East, Volume 3 and some other miscellany is unaccessible in the burning house despite seeming to be easily accessible.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
There is a general bug where items higher on a wall are only lootable on the next floor up. The burning inn has quite a few of those. In no particular order: 2 paintings (paintings are lootable and worth a decent amount); all of the drinks on the shelves/walls in the alcove to the left of the bar (looking from the entrance); all of the drinks on the shelves/walls in the alcove furthest to the left/front of the inn (first floor); and the book, wine bottle, and row of books at the top of the stairs. There are others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Yes, I loot Waukeen's Rest for all it will give, which is a huge amount of drinks, a decent amount of food, and a few sellables/collectibles like the paintings. If you are going to do that, I suggest collecting water barrels and bottles up until that scene - you will use a lot of them suppressing fires. And going to turn-based time helps too, but beware the bugs: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=745482#Post745482

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
You mean like the screen shaking as you reach for an item and you walk into fire instead of grabbing loot?

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The exact message depends on 1) whether you are in turn-based mode or real-time mode and 2) whether there is a floor above it.

Hover the cursor over the item.

If there is no floor above the item, you get a "cannot reach" message in either mode.

In turn-based mode, if there is a floor above it (and a path to that floor) you get a "not enough movement" message.

In real-time mode, if there is a floor above it you (and a path to that floor) your character will try to reach the floor above the item. If it works, you can access the item.

Never had an issue getting those items. ALT and grab.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Alt-grab only works if 1) you are in range (it will move you into range if possible) and 2) the items are of specific types. These are not in range and not of the type that pop up using alt.

Kind of strange how after 610 hours of play, I have never ever had any problem picking any items with ALT-grab especially around or within the fire-glitched from hell WR. Anyhow.

Last edited by bullse; 27/12/20 06:26 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Just to be fair I went back and checked:
[Linked Image from imgur.com]

• I am using alt - notice the popups.
  • Neither pictures nor wine bottles have popups when alt is used so you can't use the popups to grab them.
  • The picture on the wall is highlighted but the attempt to alt-grab it results in "Can't Reach". The same message appears if you try to grab the wine bottle.
  • Despite the popup for the book, attempting to alt-grab it, either on the book or on the popup, also results in "Can't Reach".

My previous statements stand. Please argue using evidence and logic - your gameplay time is irrelevant to this issue.

stranger
stranger
there is an arrow javelin over the door in the hag's tea room that you can't access either.. just a tease that 'look this cool item na na naa na naaaaa na you can't get it.'

also npc's being able to shoot through things I get 'path is interrupted' and then the gobbo's on the 2nd floor shoot through a closed oak door.

crusty 61 lifetime gamer. Have some understanding of the building of games, really admire the artistry.

Link Copied to Clipboard