Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Please, listen. Cutscenes might be ok, some very important might stay, but can you add the option to have dialogue boxes like in BG, DOSII, and pretty much any other classic isometric RPG? As OPTION, I am not asking you to remove cutscenes completely. I prefer to read the dialogues and hear the narrator (and maybe some characters), instead of every time watching a cutscene, for every little character. And, it would increase immersion (at least for people like me, who prefer the old classic isometric RPGs), and, performance (no buggy cutscenes exist where there is none). I am sure people would love to have such option. I would, and would use it, for sure. Cheers.

Last edited by Chaotic Good; 24/12/20 07:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Not sure I would enable such an option... But I'd definitely like not to have a fully voiced slow cutscene for every useless dialogs.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I'd definitely like not to have a fully voiced slow cutscene for every useless dialogs.

Indeed. That's the main point. Cutscenes are so much additional work, time, money, bugs, performance cost, testing, bugs again... while they could focus the resources on actually important things, gameplay, quests, features.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotic Good
Indeed. That's the main point. Cutscenes are so much additional work, time, money, bugs, performance cost, testing, bugs again... while they could focus the resources on actually important things, gameplay, quests, features.

Well, given that this is all effort that they will put into it regardless of you liking it or not, the idea that "disabling" them solves anything is laughable bullshit, anyway.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco
"disabling" them solves anything is laughable bullshit, anyway.
Why are you mad? How it is a bullshit, you illogical mad... goblin? If I was sure they would not ban me, I would answer much, much precise about your intelligence level. It DOES solve ANY problem that exists with cutscenes, if there is no cutscenes, like in classic isometric RPGs.
regardless of you liking it or not
Did I mention "not liking", you fool? Don't put words in my mouth, I wrote my original message very politely, asking for an OPTION, and even mentioned leaving some (important) cutscenes.

Last edited by Chaotic Good; 25/12/20 06:43 AM.
G
addict
addict
G
I would love to at least remove all of the trivial cutscenes (e.g. conversations where you don't get to respond as well as repeat visits to shopkeepers that don't have anything else to say). The jump between cutscenes is slow and really doesn't add anything to the game. I understand using cutscenes for important story beats, but it'd be nice to eliminate the less critical ones. More basic dialog boxes would be great in those instances.

Frankly, I find the displays of my character's facial reactions during conversations to be somewhere between disappointing and unsettling; it's very uncanny valley and I'm not playing a RPG so a game can tell me how I feel about things. If I went through the entire game without ever seeing my character during a dialog or hearing them voiced, that would be fine by me.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by grysqrl
I'm not playing a RPG so a game can tell me how I feel about things.
Yes, indeed. It is so strange that they took the way Dragon Age is made, in terms of interactions through the cutscenes. Greatest isometric RPGs have the main element of imagination, in terms of character creation, no need to see the face of your character every dialogue.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I love the dialogue scenes. I want the exact opposite. Remove the text so I dont read what they are saying before they say it. Its hard not to scan all of the text, I am a reader and it happens so fast. I wish you could turn their dialogue text off.

However - Larian, please stop spending resources on doing cutscene dialogue with random ass NPCs. I really dont need a face to face chat with every single random commoner npc. Just give me quick dialouge options and save the cutscenes for important people and spend the resources on making the scenes better.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by gametester1
Remove the text
But this is an isometric RPG, not a deep story driven narrative through characters, like Detroit:BH, for example. Who actually have this much time to watch all the cutscenes, and actually listen to every NPC?
It would be so good to have a new great isometric RPG, without all that tosh. If think about it, story is probably suffering a lot as they are not able to portray and animate deep and detailed situations, which, story-wise, would be possible to do using text and player's imagination, as in great classic games, and, D&D itself.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Why are you mad? How it is a bullshit, you illogical mad... goblin? If I was sure they would not ban me, I would answer much, much precise about your intelligence level. It DOES solve ANY problem that exists with cutscenes, if there is no cutscenes, like in classic isometric RPGs.
Well, you can shove your opinion on other people's intelligence on your back side, for all I care.
Not like you seem to even be equipped enough to have any valuable insight on the topic.

Did I mention "not liking", you fool?
I don't give a shit about what you mentioned, as much as what you implied. And the assumption that everything they are doing on the side of production value should be dismissed as a "waste" is frankly more than a bit annoying.
There's already been more than one circumstance where the body language and voice acting have been precisely what brought minor characters to life, giving them personality despise their minor role, but you keep talking about all of it as it was just trash.
Which could somewhat be a point with a resemblance of merit, if all focus on presentation came at expenses of role options and depth, but let's be honest here, even in its current incomplete state this is already one of the most "reactive" games in the genre according to what the player is, says and does.

Source: 30 years and more of playing this genre.

Oh, and merry Christmas to you.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
you can shove your opinion
I don't give a shit about what you mentioned
Which is the factual proof of your low intellect. You can go fck yourself, bchboy, nobody asked your illogical shitty rumble, windbag.
Source: 30 years
...of being a total c*nt. Gtfo. Nobody asked you to write your shitty opinion here anyway, btch.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Remove the text
But this is an isometric RPG, not a deep story driven narrative through characters, like Detroit:BH, for example. Who actually have this much time to watch all the cutscenes, and actually listen to every NPC?
It would be so good to have a new great isometric RPG, without all that tosh. If think about it, story is probably suffering a lot as they are not able to portray and animate deep and detailed situations, which, story-wise, would be possible to do using text and player's imagination, as in great classic games, and, D&D itself.

Thats your opinion. No one said Isometric rpgs cant have cutscenes. Thats just a you thing. This is an RPG and cutscenes are a huge plus and evolution of story telling that can now be powered by our technology. Thats the type of game this is and its apart of its identity. Sounds like a dealbreaker for you because this one for sure is not going to change.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
you can shove your opinion
I don't give a shit about what you mentioned
Which is the factual proof of your low intellect. You can go fck yourself, bchboy, nobody asked your illogical shitty rumble, windbag.
Source: 30 years
...of being a total c*nt. Gtfo. Nobody asked you to write your shitty opinion here anyway, btch.

You got a mouth on you huh. Wow. It discredits your whole case for no cutscenes when you behave like that.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Which is the factual proof of your low intellect.
I already told you, you aren't in the position to comment on anyone's intellect.

You got a mouth on you huh. Wow. It discredits your whole case for no cutscenes when you behave like that.
By what weird logic?

Last edited by Tuco; 26/12/20 12:00 AM.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Enough.

Some people may also consider themselves warned about their conduct.

Last edited by vometia; 26/12/20 12:02 AM.

J'aime le fromage.

Link Copied to Clipboard