Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
Pale master was a popular prestige class back on 3/3.5e times, sadly, the class was SEVERELY nerfed on Both neverwinter nights games(not confuse with the wow clone mmo), you need to use spell fixes(2) and PRC(1) to have a faithful adaptation of that class. But Larian can do better than previous games.

On 5e, the prestige class got ported into a "class" since there aren't prestige classes on 5e.

https://www.5esrd.com/classes/3rd-party-publisher-classes/grimlore-entertainment/the-pale-master/

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/242532/Deathseer-Pale-Master--Vicar-Fantasy-Grounds-Class-Pack

Originally Posted by "5e SRD"
The Pale Master is a magic user obsessed with the study of life and death. They specialize in spells and incantations that allow them to harness the very life-force that flows through all creatures. Where a life-force is not present, they are able to instill a mimicry of foul life, rising these dead creatures from their once peaceful earthen resting places.

Of course, since it isn't PHB, It should only come AFTER the game is ready.

old hand
old hand
Those aren't even official content.

And, no, I certainly wouldn't buy such a DLC.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
Those aren't even official content.

And, no, I certainly wouldn't buy such a DLC.

HP bloat is not official

Wizard able to memorize cleric spells is not official

Lv 4 "arch" druids is not official

Shove as a bonus action is not official

(...)

There are so many AWFUL non official stuff. Why a cool class would be bad?

Pathfinder Kingmaker brought kineticist which is not from PHB and everyone loved it.

addict
addict
The only expansion I would buy (and later download, making a downloaded content) is an expansion providing an additional big story arc (the size of one BG3 Act), new side quests, new companion(s), and naturally it would come with shiny new toys like higher level cap, new classes from sources other than the PHB, perhaps even new races, etc.

I would totally consider the purchasing of one class (or class archetype) as a micro-transaction, and I doubt it's Larian's plan to give into these.

old hand
old hand
Do you not understand the difference between official and third party content, Victor? Official doesn't mean "It's in the Player's Handbook". It means it was published by the main company.

Kineticists are official content. They were published by Paizo themselves.

The links you shared are not published by WotC. I have no familiarity with the companies in question, for all I know they might as well be random guys on the internet, just one step up from an anonymous page on DanDwiki.

If Larian were to include any of the content you linked there would be licensing issues. I'm not qualified to say to what extent. But suffice to say it would be easier to just ask Larian to create their own version of the class.

Oh, and by the way? Neverwinter, being an mmo, has more in common with the original Neverwinter game than either of the NwN games do.

veteran
veteran
First I want all the PHB stuff and then I would be happy if they add stuff from the other official books. I do not think we will ever see 3rd party content in this game (except for mods made by players).
Maybe Larian can make some subclasses themselves, WotR has some custum classes that are not in the official books.

As it has been said, you need to know the difference between official stuff from wotc and third party content. Larian works directly with wotc, unlike Solasta.

Larian is not known for DLC stuff. When they added stuff later they usually gave it to everyone for free. Everyone who got the base game got the enhanced edition for free. The only DLC was for Divinity 2 (not mistake with D:OS2).

I might buy a DLC that adds another subclass to every class, but not for the pale master only. But it is unlikely that we get any of this, see above.

Last edited by Madscientist; 24/12/20 11:30 AM.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh, and by the way? Neverwinter, being an mmo, has more in common with the original Neverwinter game than either of the NwN games do.

Wrong.

You have multiplayer on NWN.

And on neverwinter mmo, you have NOTHING from D&D ruleset on it. Cooldowns, no spell slots, no skill checks, the game plays like the "generic wow clone Nº654367376537". Kotor 1/2 are far more D&D like than this "generic wow clone", I an honestly sick of wow clones. SWTOR would be a masterpiece if followed the KOTOR 1/2 rule and mechanics instead of being "generic wow clone : star wars edition". Managing cooldowns and farming stat stickie gear in a low lethality game is extremely boring IMO.

Originally Posted by Madscientist
First I want all the PHB stuff and then I would be happy if they add stuff from the other official books. I do not think we will ever see 3rd party content in this game (except for mods made by players).
Maybe Larian can make some subclasses themselves, WotR has some custum classes that are not in the official books.

As it has been said, you need to know the difference between official stuff from wotc and third party content. Larian works directly with wotc, unlike Solasta.

Nice point. But honestly, I don't have much confidence on larian homebrewing his classes, subclasses and other things into BG3. I disliked all homebrew rules that they made(mainly hp bloat). Contrary to solasta, I used his homebrew subclasses every time that I could and liked.

journeyman
journeyman
I'd buy any and all DLC.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor

Wrong.

You are mistaken.

old hand
old hand

Wrong.

You are mistaken.

What exactly are you trying to prove with that link? It had multiplayer just like NwN, NwN2, and Neverwinter. Or is it the setting? NwN was based on the Wailingdeath plague that hit Neverwinter, don't know off hand for NwN2, been to long and I'm playing through NwN1 again before that.

Edit* I'm presuming its not the d&d edition, gold box was 1e or 2e (don't know, don't really care truthfully), NwN1 was 3.0, NwN2 was 3.5 and Neverwinter was 4e

Edit2* No I wouldn't buy a DLC Class pack, not a fan of necro / death crap & game will support mods so there will probably be tons of classes on the side anyway.

Last edited by fallenj; 25/12/20 12:04 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by fallenj
Edit* I'm presuming its not the d&d edition, gold box was 1e or 2e (don't know, don't really care truthfully), NwN1 was 3.0, NwN2 was 3.5 and Neverwinter was 4e

Neverwinter mmo was a wowfication of 4e.

I know that the neverwinter from Aol existed on 1991. But it was far more faithful to D&D than the bastardization of the modern mmo.

old hand
old hand

Wrong.

You are mistaken.

What exactly are you trying to prove with that link? It had multiplayer just like NwN, NwN2, and Neverwinter.

I am proving what I said. I was talking about the original Neverwinter game. That is it. It was an mmorpg.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I am proving what I said. I was talking about the original Neverwinter game. That is it. It was an mmorpg.

Which din't had stat stickie itemization, cooldown, low lethality repetitive encounters... It had attributes describing your character capabilities, vancian magic system, tactical combat and only because both are mmo, doesn't means that the wow clone is good as the first one.

old hand
old hand
@Dex
That link doesn't go into detail, here MMO Wiki. The page you was showing just said multiplayer which was misleading, interesting that the original NwN was the first full graphic mmo.

@Victor
You can call Neverwinter whatever you want still is based on 4e.

Last edited by fallenj; 25/12/20 06:55 AM.
veteran
veteran
Honestly i dont think i would buy any DLC that brings only "another class" ... even less if that class is only alterned, or upgraded version of allready existing one. :-/
Maybe just as part of some kind of season pass.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
OP Offline
addict
You can call Neverwinter whatever you want still is based on 4e.

Like Sword Coast LEgends is """based""" on 5e but has almost no things from the source material on it. DDO which already has a huge problem with number inflation and cooldowns is far more akin to the original neverwinter(1991) than this generic wow clone.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Honestly i dont think i would buy any DLC that brings only "another class" ... even less if that class is only alterned, or upgraded version of allready existing one. :-/
Maybe just as part of some kind of season pass.

Thanks for the answer.

I asked this because honestly, necromancy is extremely lackluster on 5e. And if Larian implements a single summon limit, why not just remove the class?

old hand
old hand
Victor, why should I care at all?

veteran
veteran
I shall certainly wait for Necromancer before rate it ... people was also talking about weak and useless ranger ... and i got none of those feeling plaing one. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Damn Victor, I have gotten my money's worth from this game just reading your posts.

old hand
old hand
I think it would be unlikely to be added as Larian still has a bunch of classes and subclasses to add from current official dnd 5e content. Like right now every class is very incomplete as is, let alone the warlock that basically has only one functional pact right now, only one pact boon, and missing spells. Wizard has a lot of schools of magic to go through and a lot of spells. Bard, Druid, and Sorceror have yet to be added. And on outside content, they might add Bloodhunter as it is kinda official and kinda not I think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard