Print Thread
#746928 25/12/20 10:43 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Good Day,

I was just starting out with the early release of Balders Gate 3, as I am a relatively seasoned Dungeons and Dragons 5 player and DM. I have been having some troubles with some of the functions of certain low level spells. Now, I'm not sure how close BG3 is to DnD5 (it seems almost exactly the same for the most part) but the function of mage hand is really limited on my UI. I play BG3 on Stadia with a controller as well as on my Android Smartphone and there seems to be a few bugs. I realize it early release and I am glad to help with the advancement of the game. I guess I am confused as to whether mage hand in BG3 is supposed to be able to manipulate objects such as the lever in the bedchamber after the escape from nautilus.

Shanklust #746942 25/12/20 11:19 PM
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
No the mage hand is crap, It can barely do anything. However it should have high function and interact-ability such as pushing levers and the sort.

Shanklust #746944 25/12/20 11:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I still haven't seen where it can be used - and I was excited for mage hand originally.

Shanklust #746948 25/12/20 11:36 PM
veteran
veteran
Hey Shanklust! It's not your controller; do not adjust your television set.

If you want a good perspective on what's buggy and what's not, I'd recommend you take a glance over the spell focus thread, in the stickies, and if you can dig it up, the status effect focus thread as well. That will save you a number of confusions about 'why is that happening' as you play.

Edit: these ones!

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=739350#Post739350

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=739348#Post739348

Last edited by Niara; 25/12/20 11:40 PM.
VeronicaTash #746962 26/12/20 12:23 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VeronicaTash
I still haven't seen where it can be used - and I was excited for mage hand originally.
I was thinking i finaly found one place ... and it was in druid groove ... in kids hideout ...

Right on left when you enter there is a chest, quite far for most characters to reach ... so i was kinda frustrated.
So i decided to cast there mage hand ... it worked! I was exited!
So i decided to throw that chest at me ... it was too far. Frustrated again.
So i decided to destroy that chest, throwed it against the wall ... it worked! Gem droped on the ground! I was totally exited!
So i decided to throw that gem ... it was too far, just the same as with the chest. Frustrated again.

So i decided to misty step there and then go long rest to get Gale back, since he had last spell slot. -_-
Now im not sure if Mage Hand really is as useless as it seems, or if i missed some option. :-/

But i gues its main reason to exist will be shoving enemies with Githyanki invisible perk.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Shanklust #746997 26/12/20 06:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Interesting that it did something there. Perhaps it will help with those that it says you cannot reach. But, for the record, I got that with a jump spell - which I used for the first time ever in a cheat playthrough. Jump is probably the preferred method of getting it.

Shanklust #747026 26/12/20 09:24 AM
stranger
stranger
I've already mentioned in another thread that mage hand can't, but should be able to, cast their character's spells that have a range of 'touch'. Effectively increasing the range of certain spells cast.

Shanklust #747029 26/12/20 09:27 AM
veteran
veteran
Variety is good ...
When it works.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard