Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, here are my suggestions to improve the fun of the game :

1) be able to create 4pc's in single player mode.
2) skip the intro right after pc creation. (after having passed it at least once)
3) create backups of parameters (keyboard, sound, gp, video) and import the backup into other profiles.
4) automatically centralize the keys on a bunch and the herbs in an herbalist's bag.
5) regenerate the use of spells during combat. (via potion / scroll / unique-magic-item (u.m.i.))
6) reset the pc's levels to make new specialization choices. (via potion / scroll / u.m.i. / quest) (and/or via npc)

7) [s]remove bodies from a combat zone. (via spell / parchment / u.m.i.)[/s]
after checking, the bodies and blood disappear after a few nights of rest.

8) quickly transfer an object to an open bag. (via double-click and/or ctrl + single-click)
9) be able to create a shortcut to jump, dive and push (already exists for "hiding").
10) make the shortcuts lock is really "lock". Regularly, the shortcut bar is automatically unlocked.
11) be able to add personal notes and landmarks on the map.

Thank you for your work and for taking my suggestions into consideration.
Good luck to all the developers and happy New Year's Eve to you :)

Last edited by Lynadrian; 29/12/20 08:45 AM. Reason: update

600+ hours of play on BG3
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
600hrs... wow

I didnt think about how sick i was of the intro until after i saw your suggestion... big "+" there...

Like your item management suggestions also... would add a more customizable UI with regard to hotbars also...

Im actually hoping they correct the way they do jump/disengage and pushing though... they should all be their own action like that of a standard attack...

Good stuff though!

600+ myself. And congrats to you.
Love testing solo 'lonewolf' builds with different races, equipment and weapon/weapons load outs, etc.

And my suggestive fix would be that all like items should stack or be stackable, not be separate in the Inventory. In other words, for an example, I should not have 6-7 elixirs of Silvanus taking up 6-7 inventory spaces when all of them can be stacked, just like they are stacked when I send all 6-7 of those separate elixirs of Silvanus to my camp chest and then go to retrieve them later on, and guess what, they are all stacked.

Last edited by bullse; 26/12/20 04:35 PM.
Banned
Banned
I played "Spellforce 3" plus it's DLC just recently and I loved how you could create a custom companion of your own choice.

Later on at 26:30 he shows the menu for it.

Playing with the story-characters is fun yeah, but a run completely without them might be interesting in itself too.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I would absolutely love being able to create custom parties... like you say the pregenerated characters are nice at first but as you go through again and again(and again :)) you want the flexibility to let your own imagination do some of the work.. like taking a group of evil clerics through... a band of barbarians from the north... or even a contingent of elves sent to investigate a particular event...

Make this so!

Last edited by Llev; 26/12/20 06:13 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Some feedback. The items I didn't copy are things I have no comment on.

2) skip the intro right after pc creation. (after having passed it at least once)
>>> Are playing on PC? You can skip all cinematics by spacebar or the Esc key. If you are talking about the nautiloid crawl, you pick up some important items there. The acidic bulb and spike ball are two of the better throwables available early in the game.

3) create backups of parameters (keyboard, sound, gp, video) and import the backup into other profiles.
4) automatically centralize the keys on a bunch and the herbs in an herbalist's bag.
7) remove bodies from a combat zone. (via spell / parchment / u.m.i.)
9) be able to create a shortcut to jump, dive and push (already exists for "hiding").
11) be able to add personal notes and landmarks on the map.
>>> Agreed. Soner or later there will likely be a mod for most of those...

5) regenerate the use of spells during combat. (via potion / scroll / unique-magic-item (u.m.i.))
6) reset the pc's levels to make new specialization choices. (via potion / scroll / u.m.i. / quest) (and/or via npc)
>>> Completely against D&D mechanics - it would change the nature of the system too much. They do make several other compromises on mechanics, but nothing of that size. For #6, save before leveling, play around a bit, then go back to the save.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I could agree with skipping the intro after the Pc creation also a way to separate the cantrips from the regular spells and a way for when we are at camo the spell casters can change their know spells if they want to

Link Copied to Clipboard