Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by VeronicaTash
snipĐ
Look at that backpedaling lmao.
Stop denying that you hate men, no-one is going to buy it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Very mature, Bruh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
@justanotherbaldu thanks smile

Originally Posted by Innateagle
Pretty sure that's the average female drow, only reverse.

I think you are right and I think that was intentional. While WotC has been handing on some (deserved) criticism of Gygax' insensitive comments, I do think Gygax was influenced by 70s feminism and made the drow matriarchy into a mirror image / photo negative of a patriarchy.

I don't know if any of the Forgotten Realms authors have really exploited this potential in the lore but it wouldn't be difficult to write a feminist novel using the drow -- want to convince some dude who doesn't understand what all this fuss about patriarchy is about? Write a novel about what it's like to grow up as a a dude in drow society.

Maybe you should take the time to read the first book in R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt series. The first one "Homeland" does a great job of how women are superior to the males and males are used for nothing more than mating, and doing all the menial work and for warfare and such. The women are the rulers. Great book.

Bur now as for the Oriinal topic I couldn't agree more we need more masculine males

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 26/12/20 11:15 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dantrag28
Where is the skull crushing Dwarf, and where is the racist Orc hating Paladin?
I'm ok with more masculine characters, but not this exact 2. We had this 2 stereotypes hanging around way too long, and I'm quite happy Larian aren't using them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Veronicatash See now why do you get bored of being good? It's not about options. Being good is not really something to excite or be bored of. Well......I don't know what to tell you. Anything I say beyond that is pointless so lets agree that we are very different on that front.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 26/12/20 11:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
I 100 percent agree. Laezel is the only one with testosterone. Gale is as weak as they come. He might as well hold a magic speaker over his head that only plays "baby come back" on repeat. It's pathetic. Wyll sold his soul to kill a goblin. Can't respect that. He should have sold his soul and become a Paladin of Vengence if was too lazy to do a training montage. I know Karlach is supposed to be the paladin, but she should have been a warlock with a pact with Zariel. It could have been a brand new Baldur's Gate exclusive warlock subclass. It would generate a lot of buzz. She already has a pact etched into her skin, but they want to act like it's paladin stuff. Astarion is a girl in a dude skin. I'm not sure if he chose to become a vampire or not, but if he did he is an idiot. Elf souls reincarnate for as long as the Elf god wants. I heard he was evil before turning so maybe he was already exiled cosmically.

I mean I'll play along, but if anything can be done I'm open to it. I want Baldur's gate to introduce new stuff in addition to the base things. Somehow I doubt WOTC is that cool though. They seem more concerned about political correctness than anything.

Now I will have to admit that I agree with you when it comes to Astarion and his being a female in dude skin. He's as sweet as they come. Lae'zel isn't afraid to say what's on her mind and that could be a good thing at times. I've yet to see a true Alpha male for a party member. But I guess that is the way for which things are going these days.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Very mature, Bruh.
Writing walls of text about how you dont really hate men you just hate everything about them isn't really mature either. Maturity would mean you have the spine to just say what you think without the bullcrap.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Veronicatash See now why do you get bored of being good? It's not about options. Being good is not really something to excite or be bored of. Well......I don't know what to tell you. Anything I say beyond that is pointless so lets agree that we are very different on that front.

Doing the same thing over and over again is naturally boring to people who have gone beyond the age of toddler. Video games and DnD both provide you an opportunity to explore evil without actually doing evil - and it can be quite entertaining.

Originally Posted by Bruh
Very mature, Bruh.
Writing walls of text about how you dont really hate men you just hate everything about them isn't really mature either. Maturity would mean you have the spine to just say what you think without the bullcrap.

Quote me, word for word, where I actually did that. I did attack toxic masculinity and chauvinism, but never men.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I mean if you are a fan of him then you are a fan of him, but yes he is all feminine. Not a single thing right down to the way he speaks, acts, and carries himself is masculine.

It's not that I'm a fan, it's that he's not feminine. He's emotional. It's not the same, I don't see femininity in him. And even if Astarion has some feminine traits, it's not the same as saying "a Girl in a man's skin". Choose your expressions, he is still a male character, and this can be seen not only in his body type.

I saw your edits lol. Stop. You are making feel like i'm telling you santa does not exist. Let me guess the water godlike was your favorite character from poe since you brought that up? All feminine. You already admitted it and thought I wouldn't catch it. Lol. It's fine. You like feminine traits and find them attractive. I'm not going to torch you, but lets stop with the lies yeah? Otherwise I guess their will be no reason to respond.

@Veronicatash my how condescendingly evil of you. Who said anything about good being monotonous? Seems like you just want an excuse. You do you. You look for evil and you will find it. Last place anyone expects is in a mirror.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 27/12/20 12:45 AM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
Quote me, word for word, where I actually did that. I did attack toxic masculinity and chauvinism, but never men.
Right here. You associate masculinity with toxicity. You never do that with women even though there are plenty of reasons to do so. This clearly betrays your bias and hatred of men.

enthusiast
enthusiast
No... that's just your fragile masculinity talking.

veteran
veteran
Guys, reel it in - Entirely.

Next one to continue this non-sense (in any shape or form, even if just to agree with this warning) gets a 7-day suspension.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Couldnt agree more with the OP the companions are one of the biggest flaves in this game. So boring 3 over the top flamboyant bisexuall males whos just trying to get in my pants. The females are a bit better (SH needs a better hairstyle tho). Maybe we could have some characters who are intressting? The vampire needs to be scraped asap guess one of the writers is stuck in her/his/its twilight fantasys.

Rewrite the mage use Xan or Edwin as inspiration so much better then heartbroken teenage fresh woke excuse we got now. Give me mad or powerhungry something i can understand.

Wyll? Worst warlock ever MUHA I AM FAMOUS HERO, WHO WILL SAVE ALL! im also lvl 2 and missplaced my mistress plot twist im a WARLOCK! not a swashbuckler fooled you even tho you have complete controll over me and my abilitys and even leveled me up TWICE! (no plot twist just annoying that he was trying to hide it) Oh and im black so you cant hate me then you are racist. Everything about this character feels so forced.

Next playthrough ill probably never pick them up at all just cant stand them.

I... live! Flesh and blood and bone! I am alive! Ha-ha! I swore I would scratch and crawl my way back into the world of the living... and I have done it!
L
addict
addict
L
Is it likely we’ll have a companion for each class? Hopefully we’ll get a more classic barbarian or paladin to fit OP’s request. I’m down for some good old slightly dense but heart of gold beefy warrior.

Banned
Banned
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Damn this escalated (not) quickly but amusingly.
I think secretely or subconsciously we crave true masculinity after all - as people.
And when not a single person is present to have our fill on it, we end up grumpy and unsatisfied sooner or later.

No... that's just your fragile masculinity talking.

You know what scares me the most about you in particular? The fact that I never know if you write something in honesty or if you are just trolling? xD
Muahahahahahahahahaha.
But seriously sometimes you write such clichee things I see sometimes in the internet in certain circles, I cannot take anything serious anymore. ^^

Hmmmmm, meh.
I think all of the story-male's are kind of a pixie and wanted to become a more feminim race or being in general, yeah.
But they just so happened to end up male and allthough struggeling, I think they are doing the best to come to terms with their biological heritage. grin

Wyll is a polite Noble and you feel it.
Gale is very intellectual Man and you feel it.
Astarion is used to being a pawn of fate and he accepts in a cynical, sarcastical way.
^
If you see it like this, they seem all 100% genuine and correct.

The cringe starts only when you think about how the lack of less empathic and more "naive" masculinity is lived about by Lae'zel of all people. That is when the cringe starts.
Yeah.
And this is why I kill her as soon as I can.
With her around, everything feels like I am chained somewhere in the nine hells for torture.

Cannot accept this kind of behaviour, of a female especially.
Yeah I am kinda sexist.
I want females to be "nice, goodhearted Princesses" of sorts.

Lae'zel is an abomination and
Shadowheart is just annoying and a "Mary Sue" of sorts.
I bet Sassyheart has all the good reason to act the way she does <- and I just couldn't care less.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Is it likely we’ll have a companion for each class? Hopefully we’ll get a more classic barbarian or paladin to fit OP’s request. I’m down for some good old slightly dense but heart of gold beefy warrior.
This is probably something they can easily do, hopefully an origin companion for each. I am hoping for 3 of each class, one of each base alignment as options at some point in the game.

Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
Wyll is a polite Noble and you feel it.
Gale is very intellectual Man and you feel it.
Astarion is used to being a pawn of fate and he accepts in a cynical, sarcastical way.
^
If you see it like this, they seem all 100% genuine and correct.
Agreed.
The cringe starts only when you think about how the lack of less empathic and more "naive" masculinity is lived about by Lae'zel of all people. That is when the cringe starts.
Yeah.
And this is why I kill her as soon as I can.
With her around, everything feels like I am chained somewhere in the nine hells for torture.
This made me laugh. smile One of my characters would probably agree with you. Another would really like her, the rest probably don't care one way or the other. I think her behaviour is more cultural rather than being "masculine" but I can understand how it would irritate people.
Cannot accept this kind of behaviour, of a female especially.
Yeah I am kinda sexist.
I want females to be "nice, goodhearted Princesses" of sorts.
Nothing wrong with having this opinion, a lot of guys do. I think princesses are overrated and kind of boring though. Never wanted to be one even as a child, wanted to be the assassin or the advisor. laugh Hopefully you will get at least one of these "princess" type companions at some point in the game. No way I would use these ones but the option would be there for people like you.

B
Banned
Banned
B
I think that Halsin will end up being our druid companion. I just don't see avoiding that, and it makes me quite happy. I just don't know how they will turn him into an origin character if he wasn't tadpoled.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard