Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I do not know if there will be a single save game option later but this save and load freedom ruins the game. There is no fun rolling the dice when you know that you can reload and try it many times. You may tell me "Not to do" but it is not that easy smile There may be an option at the beginning to choose which save style you prefer. So that "Inspiration Points" will matter. On tabletop games we can't save and load and i guess that is fun.

veteran
veteran
I'm sure some kind of "iron man mode" with a single save will come a day or another.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 28/12/20 07:50 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
You can turn off auto-saves by unchecking the Autosave box and you can make the conscious choice to not manually save. What's the problem here?

Y
Y
Iron man mode would be the simplest and best work in for that.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I do not want to recheck the autosave files after playing 50 hours just because i could not stop myself smile Some of us do not have that will. I want the game take that option from me from the beginning. Other who likes the classic save and load could choose the other option rather than iron man.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Then don't do it. It's just as simple as that.

In my current run I wanted my Tav to romance Laez'el. I could reload (I've no problems doing that) any time my character did something that she didn't approve. I DECIDED not to do that because this Tav is one that may fall in love but wont let that influence his choices, as a player I love Astarion, but when the party meet the monster hunter and I decided to gave away the location of the camp I didn't reload (again I love Astarion so much that in all my runs, wether I completed the act with or not, I made all my characters let him suck their blood).

What ruins the gameplay of some is not the chance to do something but the lack of coherence and will in the contrariety to the use of some choice. I don't use heights unless they're real near the place I'am, I don't use barrels (ok i used them in an umpteenth reloaded fight agains Dor Razgling but because I wante to have fun after a discussion on barrels), I don't make Gale learn cleric specific spells, I made a scarce use of scrolls (usually I sell them for I crave scroogelly crave gold laugh ).

My Tav wan't able to romance (that is to go physical) Laez'el because she felt like my Tav didn't really respect her enough, for a moment I was tempted to reload but then I decided it would be incoherent with the character of my Tav so as much as I was sad for the missed chance I didn't reload.

Instead of focusing on claims for restrictions why don't focus on just don't use them?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
By the way i'm far from being strongwilled. Temptations? Please, I fell into their embrace as fast as I can. Real temptations, to affirm that not make use of save/reload, heights, barrels requires a strong willed personality really, really, scares me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sul-sarasha
I do not know if there will be a single save game option later but this save and load freedom ruins the game. There is no fun rolling the dice when you know that you can reload and try it many times. You may tell me "Not to do" but it is not that easy smile There may be an option at the beginning to choose which save style you prefer. So that "Inspiration Points" will matter. On tabletop games we can't save and load and i guess that is fun.

I'm about to ruin the tabletop for you: you absolutely can save and reload. Your DM can allow you to reroll all they want. They can give you godlike items out of the gate.

Banned
Banned
Easy Difficulty
° Average number of enemys, average strenght
° Free auto-safing available

Medium Difficulty
° Higher number of enemys, average strenght

Hard Difficulty
° Higher number of enemys, higher strenght & they use consumables possibly

Avernus Difficulty
° No free auto-safing available and only designated safe's

Last edited by JustAnotherBaldu; 28/12/20 03:28 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I'm gonna lose all hope for humanity if people reach the point where they really need help overcoming their save-scumming addiction... If you can't prevent yourself from cheating your own expectations than there is a much more serious issues at hand then BG3 option to reload saves...

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but please people, stop asking for crutches to control themselves for such unimportant things as games. I understand ironmode for achievements and all the ego stuff tied to it, but this constant demands for save-scumming control is ridiculous to me. Its not even about how much work goes into implementing some solution for it, its about people being too lazy to solve problems that are absolutely in their own hands. Take ownership of your life and enjoy these minor successes - self discipline is far more impressive (and useful) than beating a game on ultra hard laugh

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by biomag
I'm gonna lose all hope for humanity if people reach the point where they really need help overcoming their save-scumming addiction... If you can't prevent yourself from cheating your own expectations than there is a much more serious issues at hand then BG3 option to reload saves...

I am not addicted to anything. The thing is just - when something happens I really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want, why must I accept it happening, when I can change it?

For example you need to play like... 20 - 30 minutes before you reach the Grove, right?
Would be a pity I have to kill all the Druids just because a single roll failed and Kagha's dead resulted in retributive justice.

The kid lives -> Kagha lives.
Easy as that.
A life for a life.

But I would really like not to go all Tyr on a few imbeciles barely worthy to gaze upon me.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
For me its very simple: If I want to change the outcome then I do - just be honest to yourself that the right result is more important to you than going with the blows. There's no shame in that smile

...and if you really want to know what happens if you accept the result, then you don't reload and again you are following your heart and doing what you crave wink

I have no problem at all with save scumming. I don't hold grudges against people who do it. Sometimes I do it as well to test stuff or just to get the result I want myself (though my saves are mostly to prevent bugs or technical issues crashing my game and me lose progress... I don't have that much time to spend on games these days). I have only an issue with people who ask for things that they can do a lot more easier themselves (like mechanics that block save scumming because they lack the self-control to do it themselves). I wouldn't ask for barrelmancy to be removed from the game if me not using it would prevent the AI from being build around using surfaces like crazy..

Last edited by biomag; 28/12/20 03:56 PM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I'm sure some kind of "iron man mode" with a single save will come a day or another.

In the current totally random dice system? idk, its not a table top game, not a roguelike, it's just not work in CRPG like BG3 with so many dialog checks, random just killing me.

Iron Man is good for reruns, for the challenge, not for the first time play.

B
stranger
stranger
B
If they make an "Iron Man" mode they need to fix the interface so it's not so easy to accidentally blow yourself up when merely trying to walk somewhere.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
It was a simple request; add an option for "one save mode" (not ironman but for all difficulties). Classic save and load option should also stay. Anyone played Pathfinder Kingmaker shall understand what i mean. If you die in the game you die the game is over, if you make a choice you have to face it. That does not mean it will be a JRPG save system that is most annoying.

M
M
I also like when a game gives you the option to disable saving (i like when one option is only in battle and the other is to disable save in general) and rewards you for this in some kind of way even (achievement or just a trophy or something). I like to go into battles (especially with a heavy RNG game) with the mindset that i cannot undo my actions, ney, there is no way. Suddenly i do more planning, more carefully reading about the enemies, spend more time trading/crafting/polishing weapons and armor beforehand, in the battle all steps feel incredibly tense. Casualties matters more, if someone dies you cannot reload instantly (bg3 already has the help up action which has a great potential to balance this though!). For me coop experience (i sometimes also play these games with a friend) is even more exciting this way as both of you know you really need to work together to make this through, and that you need to start over if you loose.
For the single player experience the best example i have is battle brothers (you can save during exploration but cannot in combat and i think its brilliant). Combat is really tense because you know you cannot fork it up. I literally cried when i was able to defeat a boss because stakes were really high but with clever tactic and learning i managed to do that and i knew I need to start again if something goes wrong.
Obviously this is okay not to be the default option but i think it should be fairly simple to add (please if do, separate combat and exploration save-enabling to make it more customizable) if the code is designed around from the start (which is hopefully the case).

apprentice
apprentice
I really don’t understand this issue. Why other players saving and reloading bother you guys so much? Just don’t play like that.
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
Easy Difficulty
° Average number of enemys, average strenght

Medium Difficulty
° Higher number of enemys, average strenght

Hard Difficulty

Avernus Difficulty
° No free auto-safing available and only designated safe's

This or something along these lines seems good enough.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by A_va
I really don’t understand this issue. Why other players saving and reloading bother you guys so much?
Bcs that one person who didnt load see himself like "working hard for something" bcs random number generator gived him right value ...
And now he feels aggrieved, that someone else who didnt "work so hard" get the same reward, just bcs he used tool in a way that first person didnt need to.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard