Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
addict
addict
S
Started an all custom party. No banter but on occasion they have dialogue (sometimes broken) with each other. I like to hear the voices I chose for each character.

Ranger
Fighter
Cleric
Wizard

Rogue is pretty unnecessary with sleight of hand available to everyone. Also with high DEX (and no SoH) I’ve been able to unlock everything, even ones that gave Astarion problems.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 29/12/20 09:24 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Always Astarian, Gale and Shadowheart. I will switch out Lae or Wyll for their quest advancement but that's it. I've played through with a Warlock, Wizard and Fighter so far and I keep the same party. Playing as a wizard is kinda decoy from Gale, we both get targeted frequently by the AI, but having two opportunities to cast magic missile sure kills things quickly!

apprentice
apprentice
Same as above. Ranger MC, Astarion, Gale and Shadowheart. Didn’t even play with Wyll or Lae’zel this time. It’s been fine so far.

apprentice
apprentice
MC is wizard

I have pretty much switched out between most people. The only person I don't play with much is Astarion. Mainly because, don't really need a rogue. Gale's spells are too useful, between him and Wyll they can have whole groups slept or halted, and Eldrictch Blast on Wyll with the blessing and repel upgrade is too strong to give up he has pushed people off cliffs with that ability and out of all the companions he seems to die the least, Astarion always dies. And well I like him and all but i've kinda been over the posh and sassy "i'm better than everyone" anime type characters, it's becoming an overdone trope. That and he pretty much disaproves of literally everything I do. People give Lae crap for disaproving everything but Astarion does too, you have to be a complete arse for him to not to disaprove. Hilariously enough though, I like Lae better. Her clear cut attitude is somewhat more endearing than literal tumblr incarnate over there, Astarion

Gale and Wyll are two that stay in the party, mainly because I like their voice work/animations the most, I always gravitate towards magic followers, and they're two of the least problematic (aka they don't hate you for not abusing a child), understanding, intelligent and likable characters. I mean my MC can be an asshole, i'm far for goody goody, but not an evil asshole lol. Shadowheart is switched out with Lae between missions. I like Lae better than shadow though.Which is weird because Lae disaproves of things I do just as much as Astarion does, but again the cold, strong clear cut character just rubs me better than the sassy one.

Last edited by Vallis; 30/12/20 04:31 AM.
addict
addict
MC (Cleric)
Astarion
Gale
Lae

Btw in my game Gale dying all the time, but Astarion with the bite is just a killing machine. He can kill everyone by himself. Most of all, I do not like Wyll, first of all, he constantly interferes with his dialogues... Secondly, he constantly misses, oh "hero". So I literally never take Wyll. Sometimes I swap Gale on Shadow for quests.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Online Happy
I like Shadowheart, Gale and Wyll as main companions.

Recently I've tried the combo Shadowheart / Lae'zel and their interactions are quite hilarious.

For Gale, you can having him using mage armour AC14 (or so), and use his Illithid power wink.

Wyll, is good with his Hex + EB, as known, but Hex combine with other spells can be devastating as well.

-S

Last edited by Starlights; 02/01/21 05:27 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
stranger
stranger
Just finished first time with a female drow wizard. Comapanions were the Gith girl, Shar's cleric and Astarion

second run will be an elf ranger with Lae'zel (I kinda like her) Shadowheart (her too) and maybe Wyll
Also want to rum a shield dwarf fighter (for the classic beer and brawl feeling) but maybe will do a rouge for dps so I will have an alternative for the vamp guy finally

Gale? No! Never! 'couse of his story and condition... loot is mine wink

Go for the eyes BOO! Go for the eyes...
stranger
stranger
I'm afraid to have Gale in my party now because I encountered a serious bug with him where he bugged out after dying and being resurrected. Afterward I lost the ability to save my game.

I know it was him because there were suddenly two of him, with one acting normally, and one standing motionless with a black dialogue bubble over his head, although you couldn't speak with him or interact in any way. I've already reported the bug to Larian.

Anyway, now I'm afraid to use Gale at all.

He died way too much anyway. There were monsters one-shotting or two-shotting him constantly, and he was useless.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard