Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Firstly, if I press an attack action or something else, and click on an enemy, then start walking towards that enemy and another enemy attacks and hits me, I lose the action. That should not happen.
Another thing is that if a character like Astarion for instance has two weapons, he attacks with both when he gets an attack of opportunity, which is certainly not true to the ruleset.

O
stranger
stranger
O
My new run is an Eldritch night pretty freshly level 3. Last night I thought attack of opportunity was behaving weird... not triggering.

I also noticed something similar to what you describe where I seemed to lose an attack? I was walking to an enemy and stepped in acid and never saw the attack go through. Couldn’t find the roll on the action list. My animation was also stuck mid way through an attack which made me more sure it was a bug.

I haven’t played a ton of the game so I wasn’t sure if there is some system understanding I was missing that was preventing me from taking the AOO?

Similarly I get confused about when and why the True Strike effect is removed.

The problem with early access is not knowing when you’re simply misunderstanding a subsystem or it’s not working as intended. But hey it’s a problem I signed up for smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
AOO's you suffer on the way in have negated your attack since the first time I played the game. You select an enemy to attack, your character moves toward them, they or one of their allies attacks you on the way in and EVEN WHEN THEY MISS, you arrive with no actions and no attack. You're left just standing there with your **** in your hand.
If I had a real-life DM who tried that crap, I'd leave his table.

Link Copied to Clipboard