Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Wyll I feel would have a dog because dogs are the pet option of heroes, and while he'd take decent care of it he wouldn't really love the dog the way he should.

Have you ever spoken to Wyll? I highly doubt that. He's very caring.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vallis

It is debatable how caring he really is. He says he wants to stop the goblins for the children but then reveals he came as part of his vendetta. Then reveals he has a second ulterior motive on top of that.

He comes off as a guy who likes being a hero more than saving people, hence he'd want a dog to have a dog rather than because he loves dogs. My take on him anyway.

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Originally Posted by Vallis

It is debatable how caring he really is. He says he wants to stop the goblins for the children but then reveals he came as part of his vendetta. Then reveals he has a second ulterior motive on top of that.

He comes off as a guy who likes being a hero more than saving people, hence he'd want a dog to have a dog rather than because he loves dogs. My take on him anyway.

I Never thought of Wyll that way, I think I ignored those flags and just ran with it laugh but interesting though now that you've pointed it out!

Maybe he should be given the demon of all dogs, a chihuahua! laugh

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Ehy. Let's not confuse what drives someone or their alignment with the affection and care someone could have for a pet. Hitler and Kim Jong-il had pets and loved and cared them, there are some serial killers who loved their pets.

That's just to clarify and a bit off topic. *^_^*

But 2no pets" it's an answer that fit with the original topic ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
Pets? Hmmmm

Gale: Spectator with Mystra tattooed on its back. I'm not fooled by him.
Wyll: Imp that he swear is good aligned to the grave.
Shadowheart: A dog. A black dog. It was a stray. She made all the people who hurt it "disappear".
Laezel: A human. She will take what's hers.
Astarion: A jar of leechs.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Pets? Hmmmm

Shadowheart: A dog. A black dog. It was a stray. She made all the people who hurt it "disappear".

Oh my your are most fitting ones. laugh laugh laugh

Excellent. Very nice,

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
apprentice
apprentice
For Gale:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Tehehe

Last edited by sahardima; 06/01/21 05:54 PM.
Pets? Hmmmm

This. So on point. Gave me a good laugh!

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Ehy. Let's not confuse what drives someone or their alignment with the affection and care someone could have for a pet. Hitler and Kim Jong-il had pets and loved and cared them, there are some serial killers who loved their pets.

Gots some good points there smile

Pets? Hmmmm

Cant get over the human and jar of leeches XD

Would Astarion purposefully throw the leeches on someone in their sleep I wonder?

apprentice
apprentice
Snake will be better for Astarion, or scorpion.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by A Clown
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

Gots some good points there smile

Pets? Hmmmm

Cant get over the human and jar of leeches XD

Would Astarion purposefully throw the leeches on someone in their sleep I wonder?

I can imagine him doing something like that just out of spite because some perceived wrong done to him laugh laugh

[Wasn't because my Tav is still a Drow and because the game doesn'ta allow it I would put him a dog collar as sign of his unmatched and endless feelings for Laez'el laugh laugh , hell he already accepted to go through the Loviatars trial of pain laugh laugh ]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by sahardima

Hmm sorry I don't see it. Astarion will eat anything. If you hear even his party banter he only sees food. Laezel is spicy, Wyll is heroic and his favorite, baldurs gate is sea food, etc. The people that favor Astarion really need to see Curse of Strahd. Its what vampires do in dnd. They lure you to there bidding till they are in the mood to eat. 5e is very clear on vamps, spawn, and thralls. Larian could retcon it though. Who knows.

Hmm sorry I don't see it. Astarion will eat anything. If you hear even his party banter he only sees food. Laezel is spicy, Wyll is heroic and his favorite, baldurs gate is sea food, etc. The people that favor Astarion really need to see Curse of Strahd. Its what vampires do in dnd. They lure you to there bidding till they are in the mood to eat. 5e is very clear on vamps, spawn, and thralls. Larian could retcon it though. Who knows.
It wouldn't be the first time in FR that a vampire is more complex than that. Look at Jander Sunstar, for example. Not saying that Astarion isn't an evil bastard, but he's got a bit more complexity than that, and, if some of the stuff he sees in the mirror is true, actual affection for the time that he was alive.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Remember lads no right or wrong answers here this is just purely for fun smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman

It wouldn't be the first time in FR that a vampire is more complex than that. Look at Jander Sunstar, for example. Not saying that Astarion isn't an evil bastard, but he's got a bit more complexity than that, and, if some of the stuff he sees in the mirror is true, actual affection for the time that he was alive.

I mean do you know about his life before being turned? The dev's revealed that a while back. Without spoilers, he was evil then too. Vampirism made him somehow more evil I guess. Is that even possible lol? Complexity=\= good. He is not a sympathetic character. Its what vamps do. The lure. This obsession baffles me. No matter, the game is a long ways away. Who knows?

The topic is for fun right? Believe whatever you want. Its fine.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman

I mean do you know about his life before being turned? The dev's revealed that a while back. Without spoilers, he was evil then too. Vampirism made him somehow more evil I guess. Is that even possible lol? Complexity=\= good. He is not a sympathetic character. Its what vamps do. The lure. This obsession baffles me. No matter, the game is a long ways away. Who knows?

The topic is for fun right? Believe whatever you want. Its fine.

I agree with you. I can literally see Astarion betraying us, abandoning us, or killing us, and he can't be trusted.

His answers at the mirror don't mean anything.

Playing as origin characters (for example) you can play literally against their personality. Comparing my experience with DOS2 where I played Fane in a way that he would not have liked if I played with him like MC. The game gave me this for "freedom of action", but I believe that Fane's violent or rude answers violated his personality. And I tend to think the same of Astarion.
The most canonical versions of the characters are those that the game shows us. Shows itself, not when, we play them.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Guys we dont know what the game has planned for Astarion and it is nice to see different viewpoints of him

But I feel like we digress laugh

I'd prefer this thread to not turn into a debate ^_^

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Nyloth

That's a good point about origins.

I understand wanting certain things. Like I wanted Laezel to be more down to earth. Like her exploring Faerun with her own eyes right along side my MC I thought would be cool. Unfortunately she, directly mind you, said in cutscenes that she takes pleasure in cruelty and thinks everything outside lichgirl and red dragons are hideous. Can't have that on my team. Shame too because she has the best body language and is partly level headed. Maybe Larian will allow enough influencing to change them. I kind of hope so for all our sakes.

I remember I liked Ifan in dos2 till I made him a party member and he showed his canon choices later in the game that made me strongly disslike him.

Speaking of betrayal, Moonrise Tower feels like a hotspot for that since we know after act 1 we might be party locked.

@clown My bad. Sorry I'll stop.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 07/01/21 06:28 PM.
A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
@clown My bad. Sorry I'll stop.

Thank you! And no worries g ^_^ super easy to sidetrack I always tend to do it as well XD
Completely understand

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard