Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
B
We all know that the overal design of the game is basically finished and they wont redo the core of the game.

Therefore an Idea struck me while trying hard to enjoy the game. For those that realy dont like The DOS-Styled combat it would be awesome if we coul simply skip it.
I mean i totaly enjoy the the world, the dialogues (i dont mind the Dicerolls either), i love the exploration of dungeons, looking for traps and so on...... its briliant!
I am totaly immersed when i walk with a torch in Hands through the dungeons with my party.

However i absolutly cannot stand the Super Mario jumping Combat with sword in one hand and an Apple in the other to heal my wounds. Its disgusting for any immersion. But i know and respect that there are many people that love both Super Mario and BG3. And Larian wont change the design anymore. But how about a smal button that would simply skip Combat and declare you a winner.
This would make the game realy enjoyable for its adventure and story part.

And no its not about dificulty at all. Its just that the combat and Character development is outright Bad or shallow (yes i know some find it good and challenging). So all i request would be a way to skip Combat. This way the shallow charakter development of DnD5e wouldnt be a Problem either since no combat no need for alot of depth in skills.

And i dont think this would be too hard to implement. Whenever combat start a smal popup "do you wana fight? Yes / No" could make the game much more enjoyable for some.

Last edited by Baldurs-Gate-Fan; 30/12/20 12:51 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Do you really think that there is even a remote possibility of this? Really? A win button? Can you name one other game with a popup win button?

It’s not going to happen.

addict
addict
Lords of Magic had an automatic battle calculator. It was not an automatic win, however, because it calculated losses on both sides and so you could end up with some dead party units. I think it was intended to be used mostly for trivial battles in order to save time, but you could use it in any combat situation.

I can jump maybe a couple feet high from a standstill. I don't see how this should give me an advantage in combat. I guess kick-boxers do jump a little bit, but not really that much. Pole vaulting with a spear or staff might be cool once in a while.

B
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
B
No didnt meant a combat calculation. Just a way to skip combat. Doenst have to mean autowin. Could also be evade Combat. Just an Option to enjoy the game without the Combat. Its not that dont wana fight, its just the combat in BG3 is the worst part of the game and in its current state i know that i or my friends couldnt manage to endure the combat long enough to finish the game (based upon EA experience). But we totaly enjoyed all other aspects of the game.

And there wouldnt be any harm in such an option. If anyone realy enjoys that combat he can surely fight it out. But for people more focused on Roleplay without all the slapstick actions like Jumping like 4-5 yards from standstill in a full plate armor as a "bonus action" and not even getting an attack of opportunity from enemys doing this, or searching in your friends backpack and eating a whole Applepie in a combat-turn (about 6 seconds) while defending against multiple enemys swinging swords at you to magicaly heals grievious wounds taken........ well i call it slapstick Humor.... but i am fine if people call it DnD-larian edition.

My point is just if you dont like this "sort of DnD" it would be nice to have an option to skip combat and continue enjoying the other parts of the game. The game is plain awesome..... its just combat and Character Progression is so dissapointing that it realy hurts going through it.

Its not like i demand the game should be more complex and realistic (they MUST do a 5e game ordered by WotC. If they wouldnt do a 5e they would promote Pathfinder wich is a direkt competitor on the PnP market for WotC).
And to compensate for the lack of complexity they try to implement DOS-styled gameplay. And again i can understand the reason behind it.

Just give us the way to skip this and still enjoying the Product!

Last edited by Baldurs-Gate-Fan; 30/12/20 04:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
They sold us a D&D game so combats HAVE to be D&D combats.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
They sold us a D&D game so combats HAVE to be D&D combats.
Currently its about as D&D as Dark Alliance was. Same names, different rules.

addict
addict
Seriously - this is the worst idea ever - if the core game mechanic doesn’t work for you then don’t play it.
Play Solaster as that apparently is more faithful to 5E.
Otherwise do what others do & self police - don’t use food in combat & don’t jump all over the show either.
You can play the game anyway you like & still enjoy it.

A combat skip button - good grief go buy a kobo and read a good book as it would be about the same experience?

Originally Posted by Tarorn
Seriously - this is the worst idea ever - if the core game mechanic doesn’t work for you then don’t play it.
Play Solaster as that apparently is more faithful to 5E.
Otherwise do what others do & self police - don’t use food in combat & don’t jump all over the show either.
You can play the game anyway you like & still enjoy it.

A combat skip button - good grief go buy a kobo and read a good book as it would be about the same experience?

Ding, ding, ding, winner!
Well said, Sir.

B
Banned
Banned
B
I'm pretty sure this game will have a storyy mode where combat will be incredibly fast and easy. I mean pretty much every game has it now

S
veteran
veteran
S
skip the dicerolls, skip the combat, what else? dialogue? cutscens?

ill do you a good one: skip the entire game if you dont like it.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
It's weird how you're only asking for an optional feature, yet others - completely unaffected by it- feel compelled to jump down your throat over it. Fuck them.

Anyway, Larian is likely to implement different difficulties which may atleast make combat faster. Otherwise, your other hope is mods. Just wait and see if the easier "story" difficulty solves it.

Last edited by adkfina; 30/12/20 09:47 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
>optional feature
ok, its a video game
also
>two posters with strange usernames and around 20 posts agreeing about a ridiculous proposal
HMMMMMMMM

How about RPG codex sticks to its own irrelevant forum huh?

Originally Posted by Warlocke
Do you really think that there is even a remote possibility of this? Really? A win button? Can you name one other game with a popup win button?

Dude,..., it is a simple mod. It will happen. In fact, it is already happening in a sense with some AC+4 rings available on Nexus. I really appreciate the BG3 combat, but there are already ways to make you one shot anything.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Dude,..., it is a simple mod. It will happen. In fact, it is already happening in a sense with some AC+4 rings available on Nexus. I really appreciate the BG3 combat, but there are already ways to make you one shot anything.

Pardon me for being unclear: I meant does the OP think that there is a remote possibility that Larian will read this and decide “you know what? Yeah, let’s add an option to allow people to just skip all the combat right from the start.” Not just a difficulty setting that is trivially easy, but a literal win button. There is no way that Larian will include such a feature, so I was wondering if the OP was genuine in their request.

I know all sorts of things are possible with mods. You could maybe write a script where every time a character turned hostile they immediately went down to 0 HP.

B
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
B
Hmmm lets see..... i paid the SAME amount of Money like everyone else. So why is my request a ridiculous one? Asking kindly for an easy to implement feature thats purely optional.
And belive me i would NOT be the only one to use it!

As i said the game is very good and enjoyable in other aspects. I gave my money cause i trusted on larian to make a "true in spirit" successor to BG series. I among MANY others are not realy happy with their vision of BG. And instead of crying "make the game like i want" (wich is in fact ridiculous) i am trying to ask for a simple and optional feature to make the game at least enjoyable.

And here come the DOS elitegamers who blame others who do no like their favorite playstyle.
But the true irony is that such a feature would in NO WAY influence THEIR Gaming Experience!

Last edited by Baldurs-Gate-Fan; 31/12/20 08:48 AM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Sordak
skip the dicerolls, skip the combat, what else? dialogue? cutscens?

ill do you a good one: skip the entire game if you dont like it.

You know actually, dialogues and cutscenes are skippable... so... smile

S
veteran
veteran
S
and skipping combat is true in spirit?

wew lad

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just use cheat engine, you can make it so that your turn never ends and you one-hit kill everyone, you will get through any combat encounter extremely fast without any effort, you can solve your problem very easily this way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Simple solution. Don't buy the game. Don't play the game. Just watch YouTube videos of other people playing the game. You can see all the sights, while not having to deal with any combat or game mechanics. And the money you save by not buying the game can be used to buy a game with combat mechanics you actually like.

B
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
B
Well if you read then you would realize me and all other friends already bought it because after reading games Name we expected a sequel. But if you personally get back all of our money we could consider your advice. Else we can absolutely ask for a pure optional smal function that wouldn’t hurt anyone’s experience but offer a lot more fun for some others

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard